SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Some few...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Some few...

Ahhh…and then this. The Life and Death of Jesus of Nazareth, worn in heart and soul by some few Wayfarers:

Man with his burning soul

Has but an hour of breath

To build a ship of Truth

In which his soul may

Sail on the sea of death

For death takes its toll

Of beauty, courage, youth

Of all but Truth.

Some very VERY few are those who would die willingly for love of the Man Jesus, and a cause of His Truths (which He personifies as “the Word” and “the Truth” and “the Way”). These Special Ones, His Elect, would consider betrayal of His love and Truth to BE death, and far more vulgar than mere physical death. In living for Him regardless of cost there is no real risk. With no earthly reward in sight, with no applause sought, these men and women in the Spirit and Together-Life of the Son of God will die FOR Him and IN Him. If prophecy in the Bible regarding your lifetime is True, those in love with Him and obedient to Him will risk dying a criminal death, by simple unyielding Faithfulness to His Word and Ways. Clandestine hand-holding between the Romans (the secular government) and the Religionists (the accepted cultural expression of religion) will plot for the Body what it conspired against its Head, Jesus of Nazareth. A Faithful man or woman will always find themselves, as Jesus promised, rejected by most. “Woe to you if you are not hated by those with something to lose, and accused by those who choose to not bow their knee to the King in daily life.

Just thought I would share.

Edit: This portion I shared was from a longer teaching I had read on the subject of persecution. I found it to be very encouraging personally, in my walk with JESUS and thought I would share it with others here. In these times when there is so much going on in the world, when days can seem very dark it is encouraging to think upon HIM and know in my heart that HE is the one thing worth dying for!

God Bless
mj

2012/7/1 22:27Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Some few...

Quite a word, and much to ponder and take in.

May I ask, is this your own work, or another author's?

Thanks.

2012/7/2 3:48Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by enid on 2012/7/1 21:48:01

Quite a word, and much to ponder and take in.

May I ask, is this your own work, or another author's?

Thanks.

Enid forgive me for not being specific about what I shared. The portion I shared was from a longer teaching I had read on the subject of persecution. I found it to be very encouraging personally, in my walk with JESUS and thought I would share it with others here. In these times when there is so much going on in the world, when days can seem very dark it is encouraging to think upon HIM and know in my heart that HE is the one thing worth dying for!

I am going to edit the first post as well to be more specific. :)

God Bless
mj

2012/7/2 7:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy