SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Storm in Washington DC Area leaves much of it dark for up to a week

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Storm in Washington DC Area leaves much of it dark for up to a week

I do find this ironic. The SC makes a ruling so illogical and unconventional that shows that there is no light at all in DC anymore even in the "scales and balances" branch of law, the Supreme Court of the land. There is no power in our form of government in which we trust, some more than God. There is a great storm on the horizon that many saints can smell the rain in the air. And then this. I'm not saying this is necessarily "prophetic", but I do certainly find it ironic, at least.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=2925313

2012/7/1 9:59

Re: Storm in Washington DC Area leaves much of it dark for up to a week

Will the East coast and the Nation "Cry Unto the Lord"?

All of psalm 107 deals with this reality of God using calamity in efforts for men to repent and turn to Him.

God loves America and He loves the world. He declares...

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Here is part of Psalm 107 I encourage all to take the time to read the entire Psalm

Ps 107:23 ¶ They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
24 These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.
25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.
28 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.
29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
31 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

2012/7/1 10:34
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I don't know that this storm is prophetic but I do know how difficult it can be to live with out power for days on end. Last year in October we lost our power for 7 days. I learned a great deal in those 7 days about how to get by with out power but was very thankful to have the lights come back on :) I will be praying for those who are being affected by this storm and power outages. Its very hot time of the year, there are many elderly who will have great difficultly with being able to keep cool with out the power. I pray that during this time we all can reflect on the things of HIS KINGDOM and look to HIM for ways to help others and be servants.

Praying for all those with out power!

God Bless
mj

2012/7/1 12:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy