SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The great persecution that is soon to come upon the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

We are walking a dangerous path when we deny the reality of persecution and suffering. This was seen in the Chinerse church after the communist takeover in the late 1940's. The Chinerse Christians followed the teachings if Darby and Scoffiekd. They believed they would be raptured before Mao took over. He did take over. The Christians were imprisoned or executed. Many Chinerse Christians lost their faith. Now this is why the Chinerse church teaches that suffering is part of following Jesus. The Chinerse don't call it suffering. But identification with Jesus.

Paul and Barnabas told the early believers that it is through many hardships they would enter the kingdom. This implied persecution. And this teaching is so needed in theme American church today.

Yet the American church has been brainwashed with the prosperity gospel and pretrib heresies. Just like the Chineese. Many American Christians will fall away from the faith.

God grant us grace to stand in the evil days ahead.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/30 23:48

Re:

Pilgrim writes............

"The coming persecution will accelerate the leaving of Babylon by the Remnant."

Yes indeed brother.............bro Frank

2012/7/1 0:43

Re:

Glad to see a few can tell the difference between the worldly western church and other areas of the world.

Some parts of the world the enemy uses persecution. And other parts he uses shopping malls and all you can eat buffets.

Marc mc

2012/7/1 7:04
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Would you agree with me that this world desperately needs to witness a genuine witness of the Lord Jesus?"==APPOLUS

Yes, Frank, i agree. There are just times though that one gets so fed up. Nearly fifty years is a long time to suffer or to endure. But i know there are missionaries sitting in dungeons and prisons someplace right now who havent seen the light of day in years probably, so i guess i've got it good.
I need more faith but am afraid to ask for it cuz i am afraid of what God might do to me next!

Your childhood sounds like it was a nightmare. I'm sorry.

2012/7/1 8:45Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Some parts of the world the enemy uses persecution. And other parts he uses shopping malls and all you can eat buffets."==MARCMC

Shopping malls and cable tv and Christmas and Easter and Halloween and schools and libraries and pretty much everything...

2012/7/1 8:48Profile

Re: Narc

Brother there is one major difference. In those areas of the world where the devil is using persecution the church is growing. Even thriving. I offer China and Iran as examples. Though the church is under persecution in these countries. The church is adding many souls to the kingdom.

One example us Iran. In 1979 there were less than 500 believers under the relative freedom of the Shaw. After the Islamic revolution in 1979 a gospel revolution took place. Now now 32 years later estimates range between 100,000 believers to 1,000,000 secret believers in Iran. Despite crackdowns and imprisonments, the Iranian church grows at a staggering rate. One ministry estimates over 500 to a thousand people a day are coming to Christ. I heard an Iranian believer say it takes an average of 5 or 6 minutes.to bring a ormal Persian to Christ. Maybe 10 it 12 minutes for a hard liner. Most of the converts are young, under thirty, and hungry for Jesus. I might add the Iranian government is worried about the spread of the gospel. But they cannot stop it.

Compare theis against the shopping malls and buffets.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/1 8:57

Re: The Church Grows Under Persecution

Yes, there is a difference between the 1040 window church and the American church. Namely one is growing and thriving and that under persecution. We see this in the first century church. The more the devil persecuted it the more it grew. It was when the devil shifted tactics and made Christianity acceptable under Constantine that the church stopped growing. It became the persecutor instead of the persecuted.

I am afraid the American church is much like the church of Constantine in the first few centuries. She has become acceptable to American society. The evangelical church has crawled into bed with the political system and compromised the gospel message. Even to the point if electing a cultist to office.

We have lost the offense of the cross. We do not preach the offense of the cross. When we do preach the cross it is generally the aspect of dying to self. But we fail to preach that dying to self means giving of our lives to martyrdom. Giving up of our lives for Christ. How many American churches even preach this.

The word martyr means witness in the Greek. In Acts 1:8 we are called to be witnesses or martyrs for Christ. And indeed many in the early church were. Yet it was through the testimony of the martyrs that the church grew.

If God is calling a remnant out of America then it will be through persecution. That remnant will be martyred and testify of Jesus. The American church will not sail to heaven on flowery beds of ease while the persecuted church in the rest of the world sails through stormy seas.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/1 9:39
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,

You qoute
Yet the American church has been brainwashed with the prosperity gospel and pretrib heresies. Just like the Chineese. Many American Christians will fall away from the faith.
Some very good preachers take up a posttribulation view and some good preachers take up a pre tribulation view.
It is wrong to say that pretribulation view is a heresy because it is devisive.It is nearly always post tribbers who put this accusation in and it is wrong.
I notice that you didnt respond like appolus to points that you cant answer like the Lot and Noah examples given by Jesus which show that believers are taken out before judgement or the basis for your belief that Persecution is coming soon.
Not just you but all on this thread that believe in a coming persecution is coming soon I ask for a simple answer to the simple question -What is the basis for your belief that "Persecution is coming Soon"?
Yours Staff

2012/7/1 9:45Profile

Re:

We have lost the offense of the cross. We do not preach the offense of the cross. When we do preach the cross it is generally the aspect of dying to self. But we fail to preach that dying to self means giving of our lives to martyrdom. Giving up of our lives for Christ. How many American churches even preach this.
Bearmaster

The Gospel of the West has produced the Western Christian.

Churches today would find themselves empty if anything resembling sacrifice was preached to the Western Believers. Jesus said he would spit the lukewarm Church out of his mouth and few seem to notice that he already has. He is moving through the "Any man" who opened the door.

The current believer in the West will never be taken serious by anyone. Too weak, too odd, too pampered, too worldly and too easily offended.

No need for persecution in the West. One loud BOO! And it would be over.

Marc mc

2012/7/1 11:12
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

By “a great persecution” could it be that you mean “the great tribulation”?

2012/7/1 11:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy