SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dead In Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Dead In Christ

Get A Revelation (Author Unknown)

Christians need a revelation of what it means to be dead in Christ. The struggling self strives to have its own way, own rights and its own life. The religious self ("I ought to", "I should") keeps the performing-self alive! You are dead.

Just think of it. Indeed, dead persons

Can not respond to the law;

Do not need to keep any laws or enforce any laws on others;

Are totally unable to perform;

Have no plans for the future, any regrets for the past and nothing to do in the present;

Can not do good deeds or be moral;

Have no ability to fix them nor do they need to;

Do not need improvement or strength to handle problems;

Do not need 'how-to' or self-improvement books - there is nothing to improve;

Do not need any physical healing for they are dead;

Do not have any strength to fight the devil, nor do they need to, for why would the devil attack a dead person?

Do not need a psychologist for they do not need to analyze themselves nor understand their behavioral patterns;

Do not need to be more spiritual or to maintain their spirituality through good works;

Do not need to be more committed to God or to rededicate themselves over and over again;

Do not have to try and have faith because in Christ, we live by the faith of the Son of God.

---------------------------------------------

This article can be found in the September edition of Christianity Magazine.

2012/6/29 11:47
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Dead In Christ

QUOTE: "Do not have any strength to fight the devil, nor do they need to, for why would the devil attack a dead person?"-TUC

Hmm. This right here just isn't quite or completely accurate in light of scripture. I mean, certainly it IS true of a physically dead person i suppose, but it is not necessarily true of a Christian who is dead to self. Paul and all the apostles/disciples WERE attacked and buffeted by satan in various ways, thru men. In the end, Paul was even beheaded, many were crucified, James died by the sword, and so on. JESUS was attacked by satan, thru Judas, and also tempted by satan in the wilderness. And if CHRIST was not dead to self i don't know who was, is, or ever will be! So yes, the devil WILL attack a "dead person". Christians are being attacked everywhere today even-- by the powers of darkness.

I could also say that the physically dead person DOES need healing in a manner of speaking, since after all, he is dead precisely because he did not get the healing. But that is more of a philosophical discussion, whereas the aforementioned subject is not.

2012/7/1 15:27Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us. It can be removed only in spiritual experience, never by mere instruction. We may as well try to instruct leprosy out of our system. There must be a work of God in destruction before we are free. We must invite the cross to do its deadly work within us. We must bring our self-sins to the cross for judgment. We must prepare ourselves for an ordeal of suffering in some measure like that through which our Savior passed when He suffered under Pontius Pilate.

Quote by A Tozer

2012/7/1 17:04Profile
a-servant

Re:

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

That is the instruction we have. If we still get attacked by the enemy, we should draw closer to Jesus. I think Paul's example shows that Jesus wants us as close as possible, especially people like Paul that have so much self-capacity that they always are tempted to rely on self, again. That explains it to me why he got his 'messenger of the enemy' troubling him.

2012/7/1 19:37Profile

Re: True freedom does require knowledge.

Jesus said in John 8:32, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

True freedom does require knowledge.

Look what Paul says Rom. 6:3, “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?”

And in Rom 6:6, “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

And in Rom. 6:9-11, “Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Now it is a divine fact that we have been crucified with Christ. We are NOW totally and absolutely dead. This is NOT a positional truth but an actual true reality.

This fact is a vital and inseparable part of the Gospel message. If this fact is neglected or overlooked you have NO gospel at all. How can any person reckon himself dead indeed to sin and alive to God without having this knowledge?

Look at all the people who claim they believe that Christ was crucified on the cross but they do not have a clue that they where crucified with Him. Many struggle and strive continually but only experience defeat and failure in their attempt to live the Christian life.

This fact needs to be proclaimed over and over so everyone can know this truth and then walk in the true reality and experience the true freedom of what God in Christ has ALREADY accomplished for them and in them.

2 Cor. 5:14, “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Acts 17:28, “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said,for we are also his offspring.”

Gal 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

As for sin, God in Christ has taken care of the sin problem once and forever.

Col 2:13-14. “ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.”

Please note, that even tough God in Christ has already accomplished these things for us and in us there will be many people who refuse to walk in or experience the existing reality of what has been accomplished.

My death on the cross is an actual fact and I experience the true joy and freedom of this truth daily. The Holy Spirit continually shows me new aspects of what all that this death means to me. As a result I do die daily as I embrace with joy these new discoveries of what God in Christ has already accomplished for me and in me. The eyes of my heart are always being opened more and more to see His accomplished work. All this is the result of having and embracing His Life with in me. His life within me is NOT the result of my self effort or anything that I ever have done. I just walk in the enjoyment of His Life and His accomplished work.

* Edited for spelling

2012/7/2 7:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy