SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obamacare Stands

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Solomon101
I agree with the poster who highlighted how this is small potatoes compared to the system the first century Christians lived under.

That being said.....

Chief Justice Roberts clearly stated that in the courts view six things were true

1. It is clearly a tax
2. As a "tax" , the power to regulate taxes clearly rests with the congress in the Constitution
3. The Supreme Court has no right to usurp congresses ability to tax at the rates it sees fit
4. If the people do not like those tax rates.. then they need to elect different representatives!
5. Ultimately the voters messed this up by sending representatives that would tax them at these massive rates.
6. No one but the voters can fix it as we are the ones who elect the ones who determine tax laws an amounts!

I know a lot of the conservative world is mad at him right now. However, he removed it from the hands of the Supreme Court and placed the future of it directly in the hands of the voters! Brilliant!

Perhaps Chief Justice Roberts is crazy... crazy like a fox!

Well said. So glad that someone is paying attention, and gets the point of Chief Justice Roberts decision. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. His opinion clearly exposed the fact that this is a tax law. The good news is, tax laws can be repealed.

2012/6/29 9:31Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

One day later, after "cooling down", people are realizing that what Justice Roberts did could have been a gift for Romney. That is what I am reading in several places.

Pilgrim

2012/6/29 9:40Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I know a lot of the conservative world is mad at him right now. However, he removed it from the hands of the Supreme Court and placed the future of it directly in the hands of the voters! Brilliant!"==SOLOMON101//MRBILLPRO

Bill/or/Solomon101, i don't quite understand what you state here. Roberts was the swing vote and if he had just voted to strike Obamacare down as Unconstitutional then Obamacare would be DEAD right now. So how is this at all brilliant? PLease explain, cuz maybe i am missing something...thank you.

2012/6/29 10:09Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "How do I feel about it? I am not going to let it steal my joy or harden my heart. I am still going to honor all men as the Lord commands and pray for our leaders.Unlike the world, we have many good and edifying things to think about. Praiseworthy things, lovely things.Let's rise up and shine as the days get darker. This is a test to rise up and shine and glorify Jesus Christ and walk in love rather than moan and complain and get bitter. Bitterness defiles many."==PILGRIM777

Wow Pilgrim, i feel very moved and enlightened by this good counsel of your's. I will try to, and sure hope i can, live up to it. I think you must have a gift, the gift of encouragement, cuz this strikes me as profound.

2012/6/29 10:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Bill/or/Solomon101, i don't quite understand what you state here. Roberts was the swing vote and if he had just voted to strike Obamacare down as Unconstitutional then Obamacare would be DEAD right now. So how is this at all brilliant? PLease explain, cuz maybe i am missing something...thank you.

Ok, bottom line is he basically took a neutral position in a very crafty manner. If he were to have struck it down, he would have made enemies with the Democrats, he did not want to do that, and eventually if the Republicans can take over the Presidency,and the House and Senate, come November they can repeal the tax law. So right now for the folks that know this, it's a win/win situation for all, now come November "if" the Republicans take over, the Democrats will be crying a lot of tears. I would not be surprised from the reaction most Americans have had since the vote, if the Democrats might not try some sort of back tracking. Most Politicians are Lawyers, you understand what I am saying, they might not be for the people, but they are not stupid, it's all in the game of Politics.

The Romney campaign received $4.2 million in donations yesterday, per CBS News.

2012/6/29 10:49Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Another observation. The other side of this is that the American people did not choose this. From the very beginning the way the bill was passed was illegal and unconstitutional. I think people were just hoping the Supreme Court would have ruled on the constitutionality of it.

The first day of oral arguments on March 26th, the Justices wanted to know if the mandate was a tax. The govt said it was not. Now, Roberts says it is a tax. The govt did not want the law to be subject to the Anti-injunction cAct, so they said it was not a tax on the first day ( so the case would go on).

The fraud took place on the first day, because the govt got to say it was a tax on the 2nd day per the Commerce Clause. The govt got to argue their position both ways.

It's all smoke and mirrors, folks.

Jesus is Lord

Pilgrim

2012/6/29 12:46Profile

Re:

Why I find disturbing in all if this is we are forgegtting where our hope truky lies. We are like the Pharisees who told Pilot we have no king but Caesar. Excuse ne. We have ni salvation but Miit Romney.

Have we forgotten this man is a Mormon? Have we forgotten that Mormonism is a cult? Have we forgotten that Mormonism is rooted in Satanism? Have we forgotten that Mormonism has a tie into the Masonic lodge? Is anybody not aware that Romneyy is dead serious about his faith? Do you think that when elected Romney is going to leave his religion behind when he moves into the white house?

If we believe that that the gospel impacts all areas of our life the Mormons believe the same thing. The Mormons, much like the Moslems, are dead serious about their faith. They are more serious than the evangelicals are.

Someone started a thread on loop hole theology. Looking for ways to justify disobedience to God from the word. I expect that their will be all sorts of threads coming forth justifying a vote for a Mormon. Why not just go on and say we welcome Mormons as brothers and sisters in the Lord. For a vote for Romney will surely convey that.

Has anyone considered that God may have allowed the SC to uphold Obama Care to force us to trust him. To call out to him.

Saints there is only one who can save you and that is Jesus Christ. Anything else is a false god. And you know what happened to Israel when they trusted in false gods.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/29 14:28

Re:

I believe that we as Christians should be prepared spiritually, mentally and emotionally for ANYTHING and know that He'll be with us through it ALL - though it may not be pleasant - to say the least - we Do have ETERNITY to look forward to - with no more pain, no more tears, no more battling Satan and his minions, but most glorious is to be Forever In His Presence!

--------------------------------

In the short article below - watch the 22 second video of Senator (now Vice President) Joe Biden asking questions of Judge (now Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court) John Roberts, who was the swing vote in the health care decision -

http://stepstowardthemark.com/id53.html

The Saints are prepared spiritually, mentally and emotionally for ANYTHING. Though the flesh may shake a bit The Spirit within will get us Through!
He already knows what we can take and orders all things to work together for the good and never puts anything more on us than what He knows that we can handle - with Himself there with us all the way.

Glorious LORD!

2012/6/29 14:40
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster..Why I find disturbing in all if this is we are forgegtting where our hope truky lies. We are like the Pharisees who told Pilot we have no king but Caesar. Excuse ne. We have ni salvation but Miit Romney.

Have we forgotten this man is a Mormon? Have we forgotten that Mormonism is a cult? Have we forgotten that Mormonism is rooted in Satanism? Have we forgotten that Mormonism has a tie into the Masonic lodge? Is anybody not aware that Romneyy is dead serious about his faith? Do you think that when elected Romney is going to leave his religion behind when he moves into the white house.

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama Sr. (black muslim) of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. (white atheist ).

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father returned to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro -- a Muslim -- moving to Jakarta with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to speak the Indonesian language. Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school, then two more in a Catholic school" in Jakarta. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim while admitting that he was once a Muslim, mitigating that damning information by saying that, for two years, he also attended a Catholic school.

Obama's father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. was a radical Muslim who migrated from Kenya to Jakarta, Indonesia. He met Obama's mother, Ann Dunham-a white atheist from Wichita, Kansas-at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Obama, Sr. and Dunham divorced when Barack, Jr. was two.

So Obama is Muslim, so what do we do? vote for the lesser of the two evils? and which one would be the lesser of the two evils?

2012/6/29 15:28Profile

Re:

Bill there is a third option. And its called trusting God. The psalmist said it is better to trust in God then princes. Who says we have to vote. We know the election is rigged in favor of the CFR, Trilateral,, Bilderberger group and so forth. Obama and Romney are controlled by the same group of handlers to give the American people the illusion of a choice.

God is calling for a separated remnant to come forth and be those who follow the Lamb. This remnant will come out of Babylon. This remnant will look for a heavenly city. This remnant will have citizenship in a heavenly kingdom. And yes, this remnant will be persecuted and martyred. But this remnant will be victorious because they will overcome the devil. They will do it by the blood of the Lamb, by the word of their testimony, and love not their lives unto death.

And personally I want to be part of that remnant. For this is far more glorious then voting for the lesser of two evils.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/29 16:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy