Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Loophole Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ritchie

United States

Loophole Theology

LOOPHOLE THEOLOGY
  How much weight does the word of GOD hold when it comes to a trial or testing in our lives? Do we try to examine every little meaning of the text in order to either make the word say what we want it to,or perhaps to avoid what it is most obviously saying? I have encountered both of these attempts to alter GODS word for self preservation or gratification, in myself and others alike.

Sometimes we simply do not want to deal with the self denial and abasement that GOD calls far, so we earnestly seek a loophole in the word to satisfy our wishes. Somehow we convince our self GOD is more concerned with our personal happiness or fulfillment than with our adhering to HIS word,when the truth is, we are dishonoring HIM by even looking for a loophole.

Loophole theology is a desire to do an end run around the purpose of GODS word in order to preserve self interest, when the very purpose of GODS word is to bring us to nothing, so HE might be supreme in all things. I have read an article by a man who once stood in the pulpit and opposed the very thing he is now advocating (divorce), and because he chose to defy GODS word, he now seeks to justify his actions.

In this article he strains so hard to get GODS word to say what he wants, that it is almost embarrassing to the reader. JESUS said if you love me you will keep my commandments, so if instead of obeying, you are earnestly looking to avoid adhering to his commandment, what does that say about your love for HIM?

The truth is we (believers) have been bought by the precious blood of JESUS and we belong to HIM,we should in grateful honor of HIM, be seeking to fulfill HIS very least desire,not seeing how little we need to do to get by. GOD is not in the business of making his blood bought children happy, comfortable, or at ease in Zion. HIS business is all about returning honor to his name among men, for the purpose of restoring communion (by the way of the cross) between man and HIMSELF.

Communion with a holy GOD is only made possible by the correct posture of the man, which is complete humility and submission,if these are not in tact then GOD is obligated to resist, because his holiness can not commune with insubordinate beings.

A choice of disobeying for the sole purpose of self preservation or gratification is demeaning to the absolutely unselfish, ultimate loving and completely undeserved sacrifice JESUS made for us. At the core of disobedience is a root of pride that says I deserve better, but the truth is we all deserve hell.

An unwillingness to go through the fire, is an unwillingness to deny self preservation for GODS honor, and thus making our future trust in HIM of no effect, because our conscious will condemn us. Remember what JOB said when he was going through the fire: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. (Job 23:10.) This is the only true posture of a blood bought child of god when it comes to honoring GOD.

The idea we do not need the fire because we love HIM is dishonoring to HIS working in our lives. The concept of upholding the honor of GOD among American Christians is almost alien in thought and practice these days. We have been so (GODS love) oriented that HIS honor is somehow disregarded as being truly relevant.

This attitude shows up in every aspect of our lives,in the places we frequent,the way we dress,the company we desire to keep, and in the time we spend in communing with GOD,etc........ Honoring HIM by denying our wishes is the only true path to communion with HIM. If HIS honor is not the first thing we take into consideration before anything we do or say then we are most certainly in error!

So the next time your tempted to avoid the fire by looking for a loophole in GODS word,just remember the words of our dear LORD in the garden: Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42. GODS will is his word,we do not need to look for an escape,just trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey. 

1 Corinthians 6:20“you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” 

1 Corinthians 10:31“So, whether you eat or drink,or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 
James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.              

So: what is it you desire the scriptures to say? Have you ever thought along these lines? Are the scriptures there to assist you in your agenda,or do you earnestly seek to know  the mind and purpose of GOD?

I have been witness to movements such as the prosperity,prophetic,charismatic, holiness and others that all seem to single out their own particular emphasis in scripture, while very often (in my opinion) trying very hard to make the scripture conform to their views, for example: prosperity teachers that portray JESUS as having been a financially wealthy man while on earth,they also portray Job as ungodly,because this account of GOD'S dealings with him dose not fit their doctrine.   

Link: http://crossconnectfellowship.com/

2012/6/27 20:47Profile

Re: Loophole Theology

I like what you've written here, Brother.

If our love for GOD is genuine, we'll desire to honor Him as a wife would desire to bring honor to her husband. Her whole life is to lift her husband up and not herself, except in doing whatever it is to please him.
We have the Greatest Husband that our minds could Ever Imagine, so we have no excuse to 'not be submissive' to Him - as He speaks of in Ephesians chpt 5 - where He says "I speak of Christ and the Church" after describing the relationship between a husband and his wife.

We can't bring honor to anyone that we don't Love.
We'll only 'try' to do so out of some guilt or fear.
But where there is pure and genuine Love, one cannot help themselves but desire to lift Him up, bring Him honor, walk in His Truth, submit with joy - knowing that He never commands a thing unless there is some danger to ourselves as well for not submitting to it. He has our best interest at heart because He loves us dearly.

Thank you for your post.

I need to ask you, who is this that is speaking at the end of your page?
http://crossconnectfellowship.com/loophole-theology.html
I listen to so many, I get the voices mixed up after a bit [either that, or I'm just getting old :]

Bless you, Brother Ritchie

2012/6/28 21:45
ritchie

United States

Re: Jesus-is-GOD

That is brother KEITH DANIELS from South Africa,in my opinion one of the Godliest men alive today.I have been so blessed by his uncompromising life and message, in a church so full of the world,he is indeed a breath of holy air. Thanks for taking the time to read loophole theology,and responding.GOD'S honor is indeed to be our motive in every aspect of life,because it is as you have said our great delight to please this one who humbled HIMSELF and laid down HIS life that we might partake
of HIS resurrection life!! JESUS: to know HIM is to love HIM.

I was getting a bit tired of all this bickering among brothers in these discussion forums,thanks for the lift!!

2012/6/30 0:10Profile

Re:

I thought it was Brother Daniels but when I hear so many with accents, I'm not always sure. No wonder why I liked him. Thanks Brother Richie and thank 'you' for the lift.
Much appreciated and needed!

2012/6/30 0:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy