SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians "stoned" at Dearborn, Michigan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Amen, Greg! You don't have to be there to know that they are not representing our Lord. They make it very difficult for genuine Christians in that area who have a ministry to the Muslims. A ministry of reconciling them to God through Jesus Christ not pig's heads.

Pilgrim

2012/6/28 15:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
please stop with all this "we have no rights" stuff. There is definitely Biblical precedence for exercising our rights in whatever country we are citizens of.

When I wrote what I wrote about using the law, I was thinking of Paul in the exact same way you said in your post.

1 Corinthians 7:31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Paul used the law to benefit the gospel, as a man he knew he was dead, as a Christian he used the law to the advantage of furthering the gospel by taking the gospel even to kings. I admire Paul for his quick thinking.

I thank God for the freedoms that we have, no dispute there. But to stand up for them like this group that calls themselves Acts 17 is not Christian at all. Phelps and his clan do the same thing with placards, how stupid can they be?

Jesus said let your light so shine among men. How is holding up a placard telling gays that they are an abomination good? It's not because gays are not an abomination, the ACT is the abomination not the person.

How is holding up a pigs head which is an abomination in the sight of Muslims going to win Muslims? It's going to anger them. Why not befriend them? Why not be wise as serpents and be harmless as a dove? Better yet, Why not be Jesus Christ here on earth? (1John4:7)

2012/6/28 17:54

Re:

The bottom line is if a so called believer is going to act like a jerk to the unconverted they will be treated as such. There are times the gospel message will be offensive. That does not mean the gospel messenger is to be offensive.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/28 19:36
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
There are times the gospel message will be offensive. That does not mean the gospel messenger is to be offensive.

Exactly.

2012/6/29 1:44Profile

Re:

It will be offensive at times especially to the so called religious Christian. But the gospel is not the gospel if we are waving a pigs head in the face of those who look at it as an abomination. Flesh will never convert spirit. Only Spirit can convert spirit. And the gifts of the Spirit can convince spirit.

We know that to be true in our Churches, there is so much flesh trying to convert or minister to spirit and it's a big mess. It's these very things that we make our complaint about on these forums.

I think Paul could sum up these "brethren" quite well when he says,

Philippians 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Philippians 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Philippians 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.

Philippians 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretense, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

I think the reason why he rejoiced is because the fact that though it may not be the perfect will of God that these people did what they did, if Christ is preached, the name of the Lord is getting out there in some way or another. I say this with reluctance. Perhaps, and we'll never know who might have had ears to hear. I think that is why Paul is rejoicing.

2012/6/29 10:07

The motive from the beginning...to become that great hero.

"There are times the gospel message will be offensive. That does not mean the gospel messenger is to be offensive."

Where's the gospel message? Let us see how well that kind of ministry [ swine-head preaching..] is received in say, Yemen, or Saudia Arabia, or Afghanistan, and let's see how much of that mighty bravado is mustered there, as you stand alone, rather than the squads of police that surround you here in the land of protected free speech.

Christian Shock-Jocks; glassy eyed egomaniacs who pride themselves as standing bravely for the truth as they fight for the cause, "I CONDEMN YOU!"; whether it be to the homosexual, the abortionist, the cultist or the Muslim.

Jesus saves, and is the only path to Heaven; All others lead to an awful Hell. But by simply pointing that out, one simply joins in on the condemnation part of sin...NOT the saving part of God. The deception is that by doing so, by advocating condemnation, you are made righteous. This was the glorious ministry of the Pharisee; exactly.

Over and over they sought condemnation of the sinner, in the presence of the Lord Jesus, as if THEY were the agents of THE Righteousness Of God. Jesus said that they were but sons of their father, the Devil.

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’..Jesus

When we think we can forsake mercies and Love and pick up the Swines head to whip the sinner, we are in deep doo-doo. As deceived as many are though, it is probably good for publicity and donations, and in the eyes of some, this makes you a truly brave Christian hero. I think that this was the motive all along.

2012/6/29 10:11
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: The motive from the beginning...to become that great hero.

Sadly, as with the westboro group, this group of "street preachers" give all street preachers a bad rap.

2012/6/29 12:27Profile

Re:

Does anyone know much about this group?

My fear is that we'll be seeing more of this type tactic to turn people against Christians completely, besides making things dangerous for all evangelists.

Do we know if these thug looking guys are actually Christians?
Stephen didn't "cuss" when he was being stoned.

There are infiltrators and provocateurs that were or are agents of one sort or another, who's business is to set people up for a fall or attack and that's what these guys reminded me of.

We need to pray that there's a revival or out-pouring of discernment on our young people that might be impressed by these counterfeits. It just seems that all one has to do is wear a Jesus t-shirt or say "I'm a Christian" and they're believed so easily - even by older Christians these days.

2012/6/30 0:53

Re:

If you go on Ruben Israels website and read his bio you will learn more about him.
I was first exposed to his group years ago on another video presentation.

For what it's worth I sent an email to him earlier in the week.
In a nutshell i asked him to consider not using such shock tactics as pig heads etc.

I do not know if he will adjust or not.

However as I tried to point out in the origianal post look beyond them.

The fact that a group of Arab people in America think that they can hurl things at people to get rid of them and the cops do nothing sends a stong message to them that they can do what they want. In America this type of conduct should never be tolerated by our police.

America does not know how to handle the muslim problem.
America does not know how to handle the Homosexual problem.
America does not know how to handle the divorce problem.
The drug problem
America does not know how to handle the "sin" problem because she no longer,in general, knows what sin is.

We as the people of God must stand in the gap in our areas of influence. Through prayer and proclamatio of the word we can have another great awakening and turn the tide by the power of God alone!!!!!

edit for spelling

2012/6/30 8:04
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

America does not know how to handle the muslim problem.
America does not know how to handle the Homosexual problem.
America does not know how to handle the divorce problem.
The drug problem
America does not know how to handle the "sin" problem because she no longer, in general, knows what sin is.

America does not know because the Christian people in it refuse to step up and say "NO!"

If you want to make enemies just start saying "no!" to sin and see what happens. In order to live peaceably with others you are forced (?) to capitulate to their ideology. They have been imbibed with the "How to Win Friends and Influence People" philosophy of tolerance and to say "no" evokes strong reactions.

And no one wants to make enemies...we want to be well-liked, don't we?

But, then Jesus says you will have persecution. Persecution coming, here in the USA? We may not be persecuted physically, but I suggest we are in a great battle spiritually - we are beaten emotionally, spiritually and we bleed - it is painful.

2012/6/30 9:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy