SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians "stoned" at Dearborn, Michigan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Christians "stoned" at Dearborn, Michigan

Christians pelted repeatedly with water bottles and assortment of other things at Michigan Festival.

Well I have been silent about the Muslim brotherhood taking power in Egypt. I have gotten the impression that certain stories really aren't wanted on this forum. Now we have another story of Christians proclaimng the gospel and also excercising freedom of speech in Dearborn. I was going to keep silent about this but my fingers just keep typing.

The Muslim crowd began throwing bottles and anything else that could be found at the christians driving them out of the festival.

The christians also looked to the police for help and ,,well yea not much help.

There will continue to be battles at Dearborn over Gospel proclamation and free speech etc.

Now hopefully some of you will take the time to go to ..oh jihadwatch.org for example to do a little research on this.

When you see the videos of whats going on I can almost guarantee the "they aren't doing right" or "thats not the gospel" responses will come up.

I would ask you to look beyond that and see this.

What is happening is a continual power shift of Arab muslims in this nation. The ultimate goal is to outlaw being able to speak to any muslim or anyone in America about becoming a christian.

This is really the heart of what has been happening at Dearborn.

According to the Newscaster on one of the videos the christian group will be back Sunday.

Edit for spelling

2012/6/27 17:35

Re: Christians "stoned" at Dearborn, Michigan

Besides prayer, what exactly are you asking us to do about this?

2012/6/27 18:56
learjet

Re: Christians "stoned" at Dearborn, Michigan

Hi Brother,

I live about 10 miles from Dearborn, 90% of the 'ministries' that you hear about on the news are people that love to grab headlines and create sensational press releases so that people will donate to their organizations. They could care less about the gospel, they care more about squealing like pigs to the media when they are 'persecuted'.

With that said there are some really good ministries in the area, there's a brother on this forum who is a full time missionary in Hamtramck, Michigan which is about 10 miles from Dearborn as well. You can read his blog here: http://networkedblogs.com/yRQCj Jonathan is a great, humble, wonderful brother that ministers to muslims.

2012/6/27 18:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
Besides prayer, what exactly are you asking us to do about this?

There have been many threads concerning the rise of Islam. The main thing wether it's Islam or Homosexual Movement or whatever immoral tidal wave that is assaulting the culture is to not be silenced.

Being Silenced is what the enemy wants more than anything.

So be informed, be prayed up and keep declaring the truth of Christ wherever and whenever you can!

Isa 24:14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
(KJV)

2012/6/27 19:11

Re:

If you go on youtube and type in "American muslims stone christians" then select the 22 minute original edit

Another reason for watching this is to see what so many were aloud to get away with. Also the young peaople in the video have now learned that they can push other Americans around and not get arrested by the police.

Also this is real street life so you will hear cursing and fowl language.

2012/6/27 19:39

Re:

I've watched one of the videos on another site and all what these "Christians" were doing is standing up for their rights to free speech. They kept asking where was the "protection" from the police to protect their "right to free speech".

Is this the gospel, protecting one's rights to free speech?

There was no free speech in the time of Christ and the Apostles, in fact, just mentioning that there was another king, king Jesus was considered treason to Rome. They had God behind them and a ripe field ready for harvest. They hazarded their lives for the sake of the gospel, not for free speech.

The liberties that we have are strangling the believer, the best blessing to come our way is persecution. So what if Islam is invading our shores, what does that have to do with a people that is not of this world?

Our citizenship is in the heavenlies, in Christ, we have absolutely no rights in this world.

When they were persecuted, they rejoiced that they had suffered for His name sake, not cried to the Roman Senate demanding their "rights" to free speech.

When we stand as one, let all the forces of hell comes against us, for in that day, the gates of hell will never prevail against the Church, never.

They can bring in the Cankerworm, they can bring in the Catapiller, they can give the appearance that everything has been stripped down. They can take everything away from us, our rights, our freedoms, everything, but they can't take away our God Jesus Christ which is our true freedom.

I am done my rant. God bless you.

2012/6/27 21:02

Re:

Free speech also means freedom of the press. It also means freedom to write about your faith on a blog. Freedom and liberty are what the Gospel is all about.

Now approved you have the freedom to believe what you believe on this subject. I respect an honor you as a fellow christian for that.

But our forefathers fought so hard on all levels for these freedoms. We are floating on the last vapors of it because many of us refuse to "Go, stand, Speak". I am not just talking about open air proclamation. I am talking about in your workplace at the store at the ballgame etc.

Now having said that I have to also say that we christians. are responsible for this generation. To proclaim practical liberty. to fear no man or government that tells us to "preach no more in this mans name"

The result of death to these liberties in Christ is death to spiritual liberty from sin. Also physical death to millions through so many evil works that invade when the proclamation of the gospel is not allowed.

one of many examples

The Salvation Army did alot of preaching with sighns and banners and such. They were constantly harrassed and beaten for public proclamation. But they kept on. And they also were instumental in keeping freedom of speach alive in England and America.

So let us be like our Lord and...

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
(KJV)

2012/6/27 22:02

Re:

Quote:
I live about 10 miles from Dearborn, 90% of the 'ministries' that you hear about on the news are people that love to grab headlines and create sensational press releases so that people will donate to their organizations. They could care less about the gospel, they care more about squealing like pigs to the media when they are 'persecuted'.

With that said there are some really good ministries in the area, there's a brother on this forum who is a full time missionary in Hamtramck, Michigan which is about 10 miles from Dearborn as well. You can read his blog here: http://networkedblogs.com/yRQCj Jonathan is a great, humble, wonderful brother that ministers to muslims.

Amen.

This was a muslim festival and these people showed up with giant banners. One saying "the lake of fire".

In these muslim people's mind - from their view - it was their day. They probably had a permit for their festival.

There were other things about that video that I saw elsewhere early today that I didn't think were the way that we should go about reaching these people. And the timing of their "protest". That's basically how what they did came off looking like - a protest of what these people were there for. Their own festival.

The video that I saw was very disappointing and I agree with Brother Earl.
There's a right way and a wrong way and the wrong way is steeped with the wrong intention.
I myself - though I feared God before I heard the gospel - would have never been reached in that manner.
Their whining after the fact was a bad witness and would turn more unbelievers against true Christianity.

Going out with huge banners to a muslim festival is not the apostolic way.

Loving these people actively everyday would be a witness but there's so much hate speech in the world and on the internet coming from christians against muslims that they're the ones that feel persecuted - they just react diffirently but what do we expect from them - more perfection than the christians show?
On some "christian" forums - they're posting violence against these people since 9/11. How would you react if you weren't saved and was the target of that for over 10 years?

2012/6/27 22:40

You can't make a silk Preacher out of a Pig snout.

I believe that this fellow on the link below is the same fellow who was pelted by bottles and such by the Muslim crowd. Do you think it could have had something to do with the swine's head....[ a literal decapitated, real pig's head he preached through....] he held as he preached[condemned] the crowd. He is on my [friend]list over on Facebook and calls himself a street preacher. Rueben Israel is his name.

I can hear Paul now, as he heads into the street at Mars Hill...."Hey Timothy! don't forget porky! were gonna need some swine power today!...."Wow!..It smells in here!"

Anyway...I wonder if he was pelted for bad taste, or bad acting. Something is a little odd here...but he got a lot, a lot of publicity.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150964758205502&set=a.385648345501.163296.517075501&type=1&theater

2012/6/28 0:03

Re:

Quote:
But our forefathers fought so hard on all levels for these freedoms.

That is not in dispute.

All I am saying is that God would not have us fight for those freedoms, it's not apart of our makeup to do so.

We use them because they are there to be used that is the benefit of such laws. When those laws change and we no longer have them, do we stop exercising our freedom that is in Christ Jesus to proclaim the gospel?

An absolute NO!

Why?

Because we don't need the law to obey God.

However, in saying that, I respect your right to fight for what you believe to be right.

Thanks brother for responding kindly. :-)

2012/6/28 0:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy