SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is your story??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

What is your story??

(excerpt)
“The word of our Testimony”—our STORY of how HE HAS MET US, CONQUERED US, WASHED US, CHANGED US—our TESTIMONY, *OUR* personal Story of encountering Messiah and what He has DONE FOR US AND DONE IN US, the STORY of the MIRACLE of what He has done for YOU—that can never be denied or taken away when it is REAL and it is EVERYTHING to you!

Satan CANNOT stand against your STORY! Why? Because the power and forgiveness and love of your God and His Son is YOUR STORY, YOUR EXPERIENCE of YOUR encounter with Jesus of Nazareth—just as the “woman at the well,” and “the woman caught in adultery” and the blind man, and the lame man, and the dead girl… HAVE A STORY to tell. So I, so you, have a STORY of OUR witness, and EXPERIENCE of His kindness and power and love—proclaimable in clear tongue to the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth! We are NOT, for pity’s sake, some “lil christians telling some bible verses to poor people who don’t ‘go to church.” We are ALIVE—and TROPHIES of His grace and power, and have MET this Man, “if it be lawful to call Him a man.” TELL THE STORY! YOUR STORY! To the heavens and the earth! To co-workers and neighbors and friends, and biological first-birth family, and second-birth Family! To YOURSELF when under stress or temptation! : ) God LOVES it. Satan hates it. : )

Yes and AMEN!!! You ARE His “by the Blood of the LAMB, by the word of YOUR testimony, as you love not your life, even to the point of death!”

I was reading through this wonderful little teaching. It really got me thinking about my story. I have been praying and seeking GOD for just the right things to share with some here around me, to help point them to JESUS and tonight I realize I have a story to tell :) One given to me by HIM!!

God bless
maryjane

2012/6/26 23:26Profile
savedtoserve

Re: What is your story??

AMEN, this is GOOD! It can be easy to get in a rut of worrying or moping or etc, but there's nothing that will light your fire like giving your testimony will, telling what GOD has done for YOU!! Don't be shy about it!

savedtoserve

2012/7/1 0:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Fine reminder.

Another subject, Mary Jane - could you email me? I would like to ask you a question not appropriate for the forum. It has nothing to do with what you posted...

You can check my profile and my email addy will be there.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/7/2 8:14Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

This type of thread is something I have asked about in the past. Sadly it doesn't get alot of attention which causes me to wonder if God is working at all in people's lives. Hence, sometimes I tend to wonder if my heart is a Deist - believes in God but God isn't doing anything in the Earth.

Or is it that some on the forum don't want to testify of what God is doing in their lives?

There is also a fine line between good things happening and things that happen which seemingly defy explanation which I think is where you find God at work. Does that happen today? This is a part of my struggle about faith these days because my heart wrestles with God's working in the Earth and what that really looks like. Some would say God is saving people's lives in salvation but yet that is one dimenisional. That may be happening but is that all that is happening?

2012/7/2 9:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

DEADn wrote:There is also a fine line between good things happening and things that happen which seemingly defy explanation which I think is where you find God at work. Does that happen today? This is a part of my struggle about faith these days because my heart wrestles with God's working in the Earth and what that really looks like. Some would say God is saving people's lives in salvation but yet that is one dimenisional. That may be happening but is that all that is happening?

I can only share with you the things the LORD shows me on a daily bases. I believe GOD is working in all areas of my life. I no longer think the every day little common things that go on are just "good things" that happen. I don't look for accepted explanations from others, I know that the truth is the LORD is there working moment by moment of each day in my life and I am glad for it. I know that the LORD has shown me over and over again that HE is in every aspect of my life right down to the smallest detail and HE cares about all those tiny small details too. I think sometimes people miss the hand of GOD in their life because they are always looking for the "BIG" sign or "unexplainable proof" instead of just accepting and believing that we have a FATHER who loves us so much that HE actually does care about every step we take in this journey with HIM in this life.

GOD does so many things in my life each day. Sometimes in self I don't always see the things that happen as good right away, sometimes it takes prayer and a willing heart to listen as HE opens my ears and eyes to why things happen as they do but in the end I always walk away knowing that it was for my benefit so that I might walk with HIM.

I can't answer why some in the forum do not share their testimony when asked. I know that many have done so in the past. I have shared my testimony here at one time, but am now learning that when I first came to CHRIST that was just the beginning of our story together...so much more has happened since that day. HE has opened my heart and eyes to so much of HIS truth that when I look back I hardly can believe I ever was that person. Each day by HIS leading I grow and so does my story and testimony I suppose :)

I am sorry to read of your struggle. I will be in prayer for you.

God Bless
mj

2012/7/2 13:26Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2012/7/2 2:14:38

Fine reminder.

Another subject, Mary Jane - could you email me? I would like to ask you a question not appropriate for the forum. It has nothing to do with what you posted...

You can check my profile and my email addy will be there.

God bless.

ginnyrose

I just wanted you to know I saw this post and did send and email :)

God bless
mj

2012/7/2 13:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy