Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : In Support of Predestination

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If God knew before He created mankind who would be consigned to everlasting torment, then I am sorry friends a peron's "responsibility" has nothing to do with it. God already PREDESTINED them to their fate, remember? and there is not a thing they can do about it.

You all can certainly go on believing this foul doctrine that slanders the very character of God but I won't have any part of it.

If you think it brings glory to God that in eternity past he predestined John Doe to eternal hellfire and Jane Doe to eternal bliss, I am afraid you are sadly mistaken. That means that God wanted some people in hell. Isn't that what the devil wants?

2012/6/27 10:50Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I am saved by grace through faith. You all can keep your isms...

This horse has been beaten, cut up, and eaten. Why re-hash? What is the point?

Worthless conversation...

2012/6/27 10:53Profile

Re:

It was a good conversation until TMK decided to take it into the sewage.

I'm more than willing to discuss theology with anyone, but when the personal attacks and name calling begins I must leave.

I was hoping for a good conversation among brothers, but it's apparent that thats not gonna happen here today... as usual.

So it goes with SI.

Krispy

2012/6/27 11:02
rnieman

Re:

TMK you said:

"If God knew before He created mankind who would be consigned to everlasting torment, then I am sorry friends a peron's "responsibility" has nothing to do with it. God already PREDESTINED them to their fate, remember? and there is not a thing they can do about it."

You're right, and not only that how would the Gospel be good news to the reprobate?

Russ

2012/6/27 11:24Profile

Unbelief Voids Predestination

Look at all of God's chosen people who died in the wildness. God had given all of them the Promised Land but only two of over 500,000 people believed God.

Did God want them all to enter? - YES
Was it God's will that they would enter? - YES
Could have more people entered? - YES

Was it God's fault that they did not enter? - NO!!!!

The bible is very clear on the reason why - they did not enter because of unbelief!!!!

Even Christ was limited on doing miracles because because of unbelief.

It is true that we ALL have been chosen in Him before the foundation of the world but if you refuse to believe you will VOID any Predestination.

What God has done is a living reality but your own unbelief will keep you from ever experiencing this reality for yourself.

2012/6/27 11:43

Re: Unbelief Voids Predestination

I have to ask... has anyone who is commenting on this thread even studied what reformed theology teaches?

A lot of what is being said here indicates that most have not because there is a GROSS misunderstanding of even the basics of reformed theology.

On that note, I am out. Enjoy. :-)

Krispy

2012/6/27 12:14
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It was a good conversation until TMK decided to take it into the sewage.

I'm more than willing to discuss theology with anyone, but when the personal attacks and name calling begins I must leave.

I was hoping for a good conversation among brothers, but it's apparent that thats not gonna happen here today... as usual.

So it goes with SI.

Krispy

This is one of the main reasons why we do not allow conversations on this topic because people start to accuse one another and devour one another, instead of edifying, encourage and uplift one another in love.

We have not seen the value of these discussions bring about godliness, or helping people to deny themselves and pick up their crosses and follow Christ.

Let us follow the example of Jesus Christ that did not preach and argue predestination doctrines but rather actively followed the Fathers leading in heaven moment by moment, overcame sin. May we truly bring glory to this Lamb of God not by talking about doctrines mearly but by living them.

"Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." (1 John 2:6).

We ask that saints not re-open this topic or other topics on calvinism / arminism. Thank you.

We also ask everyone in this thread to re-read the community guiding principles if they have not:

SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

this thread is locked.

2012/6/27 12:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy