SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Two simple questions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Two simple questions

Why is it that the posts are so unusually long? It seems the longer one's post us the more spiritual they are
Why is the simple word of God overlooked? It appears there is more appeal to theology then to the straightforward truth of God's word.

Breaux Bear

2012/6/26 16:08
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Two simpke questions

1. i agree that long posts are something of a pain. I have been guilty- but usually only if I have cut and paste something. I will endeavor not to post novels.

2. because there is disagreement over what certain scriptures mean; i.e the truth is not entirely clear for each scripture. That is why there are many many thousands of denominations and divisions in regard to certain doctrine-- i.e. all the "isms." Of course that is no excuse to overlook scripture, granted.

2012/6/26 16:35Profile
Sree

I agree with you, I find those who write long posts just keep quoting scriptures. I guess they believe if they quote many scriptures then they are being heard. More than quoting 100 scriptures without any explanation, I would expect one to quote just 1 scripture and explain one's interpretation cleanly. Even the devil knows scripture (Matthew 4), and hence knowing scripture does not mean one is spiritually mature. It is the scripture that are true in one's life that matters.

I normally skip long posts and just read the one that are small.

2012/6/26 16:55Profile
Blayne

Hi! BearMaster

I would have thought that a Member who chose the Nickname of "Bearmaster" would of been more forBEARing with some of our excesses in this Forum. :) (some humor) :)

Alright, I confess. I'm guilty. Yep, it's me! I tend to Post lengthy replies/comments here.

Ummm, I'd rather read the whole story in a single Thread than having to negotiate through a half-dozen additional "What-did-yuh-mean-by-this-or-that?" questions to the Thread.
Then there's also the problem that if you don't include the appropriate Scripture verse to your Comments, someone might believe it is merely a personal/non-scriptural opinion.

Speaking for myself, I've never started a Thread here. I only reply to Threads. And, I figure if someone made the effort to ask a question, then the least someone could do is to offer them an answer ... lengthy 'er not.

This is, after all, a DISCUSSION Forum ... not merely a Chat Box ... nor Twitter. Sometimes discussions can be short and sometimes they require something extensive.

If the basic content of a Thread appears interesting to me, I read it entirely ... regardless of length. I don't always reply to them, but I have read a lot of Threads here. So, I've learned a lot during the brief time of my visiting these SI Forums.

Should the SI Staff or Forum Moderator complain to me about my lengthy Comments, I would happily curtail them. Not a problem for me at all.

Sorry for the long answer. :) :) :)

=================
Two simpke questions
by bearmaster on 2012/6/26 13:08:00

Why is it that the posts are so unusually long? It seems the longer one's post us the more spiritual they are
Why is the simple word of God overlooked? It appears there is more appeal to theology then to the straightforward truth of God's word.

Breaux Bear
=================

2012/6/26 17:44Profile

Ec 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.(...many books or many long posts on forums...)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

2012/6/26 18:07

Re: Blayne

Bro I an not so much against long post. I have posted a few myself. But sometimes I get lost in what the point was when the post runs down half s page. I wonder if our ideas could not be expressed with more brevity.

I know in the 1600's disputations were extremely lengthy. But in this instant age one wants to know what is the point.

Just my thoughts.

Breaux Bear.

2012/6/26 18:07

Re: Thingsabove

Good word bro.

Breaux Bear.

2012/6/26 18:11
ArtB

New York

bearmaster on 2012/6/26 13:08:00 wrote:

"Why is it that the posts are so unusually long? It seems the longer one's post us the more spiritual they are.

Why is the simple word of God overlooked? It appears there is more appeal to theology then to the straightforward truth of God's word."

Yeah

2012/6/26 18:12Profile

Re:

just so nobody misunderstands my post.

I "try" to keep mine brief. However I know that there are times when I must go longer to get all the points out.

And sometimes I like reading a long spiritualy meaty post!

I know you would agree brother bearmaster.

2012/6/26 18:28

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy