SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : a current news question?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mary Jane,

After posting my answer to your question, my mind took a trip down memory lane...

Many years ago I acquired a cookbook compiled for people who embrace Buddhism. Where on earth I got it or why I got it has been lost in the recesses of my memory...

Anyhow, this book had pics in of restaurants who serve their food, pics of their idols that are served a sample of it. Also in the book there a was a pic of a shim: I have no idea whether it was a male or female. Others who looked at it had the same problem in discerning the person's gender.

So, in time I felt it was wrong for me to even have this book in my possession. The end result was I had a bonfire and burned it. Now I knew I did the right thing and have never longed for it since nor regretted it.

Just thought I would share this testimony...

Have a good day!

ginnyrose

2012/6/25 14:48Profile

Re:

It's interesting, Ginny, that you brought up Budhism. A couple days ago I got up early to write. I started some fresh ground coffee brewing, and then brought up Pandora and found a station that plays traditional Japanese music. I was in the mood for something soothing, and something different. That was some great music! Very enjoyable and very condusive to early morning writing.

There wasnt anything about it that made me want to worship Buddha, or whatever it is they worship in Japan. It was just music.

But many Christians would refuse to give it a listen because some people associate it with Buddhism.

Now, if they cant seperate the two then I would agree. According to scripture they should stay away from... because as scripture says... for THEM it would be sinning against their own conscience.

But someone else can enjoy it for what it is... music... and actually be thankful to the Lord for it.

It's a funny thing, God's grace.

Krispy

2012/6/25 14:57
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy,

I remember well looking through this cookbook and thinking this food looks good, delicious. I also remember thinking I would not mind eating at one of the restaurants that serve this kind of food. But there was that "BUT".

One thing - I did not need the food for survival - to go there to eat it would have been for fun. That is it. And the other thing, I suspect they would have given their god the glory for their sales that day if I patronized it. I had fears and suspicions that by me patronizing it would in some way make them feel as though I would be approving of their religion and that is one risk I refused to take.

At Farmer's Market there is a Muslim lady that sells Greek foods. And it is good - the reason I know is because we have purchased some of it and ate it. We never felt in our spirit that we should refuse to buy anything from her. She is friendly, I like her - and the feelings seem to be mutual. Now figure that out, if you can! lol

Anyhow, my thoughts at the moment for whatever it is worth...

2012/6/25 15:40Profile

When Jesus drank from the cup, offered by the Samaritan woman with 5 husbands, did he sin?..

"Brothertom I feel a bit embarrassed to say I don't understand what you are trying to share with me by your reply? You quoted my last post to this thread and then shared some truths but I am not understanding the connection."

" Please forgive me for not being as perceptive as I might, perhaps I am still a bit sleepy this morning but if you would explain your thoughts further I would be most grateful.:)"...God bless....mj

You mentioned you did not feel led to participate in any boycotts, on businesses that supported the homosexual agenda:

"Thank you all for your thoughtful replies you have all given me something to think and pray over. I have no answers myself and as I said I do not at this time feel convicted to take part in any of these boycotts but I do want to be in the LORDS will in all of this." MJ

I was supporting your idea and offering insight with some scripture about what our heart attitude should be; my understanding.

Not to avoid them, our "boycott" them, but minister the love of God to them....the "SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU"...word, and the "MOON" was referring to Paul's admonition that we would have to be off of the Earth to avoid sinners.....and in the end, that is exactly what homosexuals are....just sinners that have not yet been saved........like you and me once were.

They are not a lower class sinner, or a more evil type sinner, Jesus died for them too, and I believe that our attitude should reflect that, while at the same time speaking the truth of their being lost forever if they do not Repent from their sin, and Believe on the Lord Jesus and His bloody death, the Cross, and Holy Resurrection.

My point is that shunning the sinner, or his produce, as a righteous act may not be really right at all.

2012/6/25 16:19
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: When Jesus drank from the cup, offered by the Samaritan woman with 5 husbands, d

Pretty simple here, hate the sin, love the sinner, just like God does for all of us everyday, unless of course your not a sinner.

2012/6/25 16:45Profile

Re:

There are some compelling passages that suggest that God hates both the sin and the sinner.

Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5, Lev. 20:23, Proverbs 6:16-19, Hosea 9:15 for starters.

At the same time; God is love.

Does God hate anyone?

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

I'm not making a theological statement, just quoting the Bible. Just something to think about.

Krispy

2012/6/25 16:53
MaryJane

Re: When Jesus drank from the cup, offered by the Samaritan woman with 5 husbands, d

Brothertom thank you for coming back and taking of your time to help me better understand. I feel like my head has been in a bit of a fog today :) I do understand better now what you were sharing.

Ginnyrose thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with me here concerning the cook book and the farmers market. I guess it is all about allowing the LORD to lead us in every situation.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/6/25 16:54Profile

WHY SODOM?

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/6/25 12:53:02

There are some compelling passages that suggest that God hates both the sin and the sinner.

Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5, Lev. 20:23, Proverbs 6:16-19, Hosea 9:15 for starters.

At the same time; God is love.

Does God hate anyone?

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Amen Krispy; There are some issues that must be addressed in this ever-increasing militant sodomite issue. At what point do we, or the Lord, look at the aggressive sodomite without mercy.

After all, this sinner is named after the motherlode herself; SODOM.

"Their sin is very grave."

"Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah [ Admah and Zoar too] is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know." Holy Jahweh.

We must acknowledge that the abomination dwells here, and Sodom, among the four plain cities, were the only communities that we know of where God Himself threw down fire and brimstone on, burning all to death who dwelt there.

Why? They crossed some kind of line. Also, this event became World News, bringing terror upon those who may follow the path of Sodom.

Through democratic rule, they mandated that the rape and murder of male travellers as just fine entertainment, and the Bible says that "The entire city came out" to enjoy these murders. Child Molesters often descend to murder as sexual fulfillment; the absolute most foul desecration of humanity possible; almost like a human sacrifice to Satan himself, and many have proved and confess, that they would do it again.

We are now watching the trial of one of these Predators, in the Penn State scandal; Raping and molesting scores of trusting and innocent young boys. I am not saying this for shock value, but ......more later. gotta go.

2012/6/25 17:28
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Mary Jane, that is what it is all about. I think the LORD allows these kinds of situations to come into our lives to teach us something about his leading us in everyday affairs.

God bless.

2012/6/25 17:33Profile

Re: WHY SODOM?....MORE:

"Through democratic rule, they mandated that the rape and murder of male travellers as just fine entertainment, and the Bible says that "The entire city came out" to enjoy these murders. Child Molesters often descend to murder as sexual fulfillment; the absolute most foul desecration of humanity possible; almost like a human sacrifice to Satan himself, and many have proved and confess, that they would do it again."...BT's first post.

When do we draw the line, and how? Roe V. Wade opened the door to 57 million murders of the innocent. This satanic pandemic did not occur by democratic vote, but by Judicial Legislation. It appears that the current scourge of Sodomite encroachment is coming the same way; Legislated by the Judiciary, or mandated by the executive. [Obama]

We seem to be powerless as a culture to stop it, and we cannot be committed to resist it outside of the Love of God. Hate the sin, love the sinner; one soul at a time, and one day at a time; Jesus's way.

PS: Abraham felt the same way, but interceded anyway. Butthe Lord spoke and wrote: "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Parsin.."

"And this is the writing that was inscribed: mina, mina, shekel, half-mina. This is the interpretation of the matter: mina, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; shekel, you have been weighed on the scales and found wanting; half-mina, your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.- Daniel 5:25-28

As in Sodom, My belief is that this very thing will be ordered for our country, as we are weighed, and at some point, tip the scales and are found wanting, and this issue, the wicked destruction of the family, along with the murder of the innocents in Abortion, will leer out at us from the top of the tower...as it falls.

2012/6/25 19:30

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy