SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Oh How Great the EVIL of Dead Religion!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Oh How Great the EVIL of Dead Religion!!!

They reap what they sew, and they harvest the rotted fruits of their wicked idolatries, their ungodly religion....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/jury-reaches-verdict-in-pennsylvania-priest-abuse-trial/

Monsignor William Lynn helped the archdiocese keep predators in ministry, and the public in the dark, by telling parishes their priests were being removed for health reasons and then sending the men to unsuspecting churches, prosecutors said. FoxNews

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/jury-reaches-verdict-in-pennsylvania-priest-abuse-trial/#ixzz1yZsgRBDb

2012/6/22 21:58Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Oh How Great the EVIL of Dead Religion!!!

What is also sad is the amount of people who will be leaving their faith as a result of what happened here. This is a reason why organized religion puts a very bad taste in the mouths of many and many becomes atheists or just don't think about it anymore.

When I was younger an incident happened to my mom with the Lutheran church we went to. It was over tithes in which reps. from the church came to her job about it. She refused to go to church after that. While this doesn't compare as hard as this situation in the article it is just an occurance of why some or many don't go to church anymore. Mom will tell that God has helped her get through the tough times of her life but she has not had the born again experience that we read about in the bible, unless she has never told me about it. She grew up Catholic but then after marriage went to the Lutheran church.

2012/6/22 22:31Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "What is also sad is the amount of people who will be leaving their faith as a result of what happened here."==DEADn

How is that at ALL sad? They were not saved anyway! It is a works-based religion that they were BRAINWASHED with since birth! On the contrary, i think it is a VERY GOOD thing that they will be lead to leave the wicked Catholic religion and that their eyes are OPEN to what it truly is: nothing more than a tomb full of dead mens' bones. The article says that there are over 63 pedophiles in ONE archdiocese! If the members of the religion can't see that wicked institution for what it really is then they deserve what they get. But as for the kids who were abused, I praise God that this will at least turn THEM away from the far reaching tentacles of The Great Whore. They are free from the brainwashing now and
God be praised if some of them come to TRUE saving faith in Christ someday.

2012/6/22 23:03Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "She grew up Catholic but then after marriage went to the Lutheran church."==DEADn

The sad fact is that the Lutheran churches have been wedded to the Great Whore for many decades now. The two are practically one in the same, there is little difference anymore. Come out from among them!!!

2012/6/22 23:05Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

The Lord is calling many out of religious Babylon and these are some of the things He uses to call people away from man and unto Himself.

False religion, the False Church is nothing but counterfeit of everything the True Church is. The true church has a giving system and the false church has a "payment system" or "tax". Many call it a tithe.

Interestingly, He gives (entrusts) all things to us, and to jointly work with Him in His service and the Holy Spirit is now the leader in all matters and not the tithe, or any law or rules that come from man.

And if the Holy Spirit is the leader in all matters, where does that leave the "clergy"?

Well, that's another story.

Pilgrim

2012/6/23 0:01Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Trekker

I agree with your words. I remember after I became a believer I decided to go back to the Lutheran church and went with my dad. I was in shock over the service for 2 reasons. One of the ushers was someone with whom I had worked with and had a really foul mouth. I thought, how does this happen? Then, I felt nothing but dead man's bones in that church. I told my dad about it. I told him there is nothing here. Yeah, they sing a few hymns, the pastor does his thing and the congregation just spit out their lines as is written in the bulletin but the whole thing is a joke. Yet, this church has alot of side ministries in the community. I actually wanted to get involved in those things yet I knew if I did I would not be abiding with church doctrine and the way Lutherans believe.

Then it was after I found myself going to an Assemblies of God church a month or so later that my dad really took it personal and argued with me over it all the time. Mom, just didn't care. She has no use for religious systems but she will tell you God has helped her through different things but I think it is more like a lucky rabbits foot type of thing.

I look back on it now and I really wished that some of the pentecostal churches I attended really had a set up like the Lutheran church did. A structured reach out to the community.

2012/6/23 9:08Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

QUOTE: "What is also sad is the amount of people who will be leaving their faith as a result of what happened here."==DEADn

How is that at ALL sad? They were not saved anyway! It is a works-based religion that they were BRAINWASHED with since birth! On the contrary, i think it is a VERY GOOD thing that they will be lead to leave the wicked Catholic religion and that their eyes are OPEN to what it truly is: nothing more than a tomb full of dead mens' bones. The article says that there are over 63 pedophiles in ONE archdiocese! If the members of the religion can't see that wicked institution for what it really is then they deserve what they get. But as for the kids who were abused, I praise God that this will at least turn THEM away from the far reaching tentacles of The Great Whore. They are free from the brainwashing now and
God be praised if some of them come to TRUE saving faith in Christ someday.

[/quote}

Your words here cause me to pause and think about the consquences of this. Tradition in the church run very deep. I tend to think that many of these people who may leave may end up becoming disillusioned and becomes agnostics or atheists because it is the other extreme, if you will. I think a percentage might find God outside of the Catholic church but even most of the ex Catholics I run into end up becoming agnostics or atheists and begin to bash organized religion.

My dad and I used to go our rounds on this mess. Actually, he used to get all kinds of bent out of shape over it. I Kept my cool and sometimes feel on the floor laughing because his 'arguements' were so off the wall. I really think he held a Catholic/JW belief because at times he actually said Michael was Jesus. He passed away in 2002.

2012/6/23 9:13Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "The Lord is calling many out of religious Babylon and these are some of the things He uses to call people away from man and unto Himself.

False religion, the False Church is nothing but counterfeit of everything the True Church is. The true church has a giving system and the false church has a "payment system" or "tax". Many call it a tithe.

Interestingly, He gives (entrusts) all things to us, and to jointly work with Him in His service and the Holy Spirit is now the leader in all matters and not the tithe, or any law or rules that come from man.

And if the Holy Spirit is the leader in all matters, where does that leave the "clergy"?"==PILGRIM777

AMEN!!! Well said Pilgrim! I could not agree more!

QUOTE: " I told him there is nothing here. Yeah, they sing a few hymns, the pastor does his thing and the congregation just spit out their lines as is written in the bulletin but the whole thing is a joke."==DEADn

Exactly. And that also describes the Methodist churches, the Prebertyrians, and so on and so forth, every major denom. It's sad, it's pathetic, and it is nauseating. And that is only the beginning of what is wrong in them.

2012/6/24 11:38Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "...but even most of the ex Catholics I run into end up becoming agnostics or atheists and begin to bash organized religion."==DEADn

Good. That is precisely the path i took to salvation too.
(although i was never Catholic)

Sorry about your dad. Been there. Btw, there are some Christians who believe the archangel Michael is really Jesus. This is partly based on the Jewish belief that everyone has their own angel that looks like him. For example, after Peter was released from prison and returned home and was knocking on the gate and the maid came out, saw him, and turned around and went back in and told everyone that Peter's angel was at the gate, rather than saying it was Peter. (or if it wasn't the maid who said it then it was the people she told who thought it was, i can't remember exactly and dont have time to look it up). There is also some other scripture that gives one pause to think that the archangel Michael is in fact Christ; that they are one and the same. (If anyone thinks i am in error here please call me out and explain, thanx). Again, i am so sorry about your dad.

2012/6/24 11:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy