Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians Living like the Devil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Christians Living like the Devil

Edited: more correct title would be “Christians living like Sinners”

Why aren’t there more sincere spiritual Christians in the USA? Why are there so many people who call themselves Christians but have no real fear of God to depart from every form of evil? Why are there some people who say and believe they are Christians but still practice the works of the flesh that the scripture teaches us that these people shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Do you have any insight on the “why” of so many who proclaim to be Christians but are not truly living like the bible teaches them to live?

2012/6/18 22:43Profile
ald0025

Re: Christians Living like the Devil

The reason is that they aren't really born again. I can attest to this personally, I thought I was saved because I repeated some sinner prayer and went to Church, but I lived liked the world. The problem also is the preaching in the pulpit, preaching this false grace, such as ask Jesus to come into your heart and if you do that you are saved, they forgot to leave about repentance, turning from your sin, the cross of Christ, and the costs of being of Christian. One of the biggest lies I have seen the devil use is that since you are in the grace you can sin, because God will always forgive you no matter what. So people just have a sin and ask God for forgiveness cycle, I did for many years, but I was eventually shown the truth through the grace of God.

2012/6/18 23:07Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks ald0025 for your reply! I agree somewhat with what you are saying but I have seen people who have repented and also have an experience with God but some how later in life start justifying things they use to believe was not to be a part of the christian life. I have seen others struggle with sin but then justify it as a weakness and still go on and practice the sin from time to time while still proclaiming and practicing a christian life also.

2012/6/18 23:33Profile
ald0025

Re:

I know what you are saying, I know some people that were on fire for God and were living a holy life, but then backslide into sin. Like you said above, they did have an experience with God and were saved, but now are living like the world for the most part. I remember from the Call to Anguish sermon by David Wilkerson, he was saying, all the devil wants to do is take the fight out of you so you won't labor in pray anymore and read the bible. Basically people have become saturated with the world again, I was reading Galatians today and it talks about a constant battle between the Spirit and the flesh. I believe that people who are backsliding are being overcome by the flesh and are now satisfying the lust and desire of it. They minds are being duller each day, thats why each day we must be sober, alert, and fervent in the Spirit. For my previous post, I was addressing the younger crowd in Christianity, like teenagers and people in their 20's.

2012/6/18 23:48Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So are you saying that Christians not living like you, are living like the Devil? Is this a sincere scream from the mountaintop? or are you beating your chest? I have never in my life see so many Christians, that worry so much about other Christians, when they should be out Preaching the Gospel, and bringing in the lost sheep. There is no such thing as a "TRUE" Christian or rather, a Christian who is better than another Christian. Anyone who judges another person, accusing them of not being a "true" Christian, is himself engaging in behavior that is not behavior a "true" Christian should be engaging in: Judging someone else. Just my two cents. Have a Blessed evening, unless you have other plans.

2012/6/19 0:14Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Christians Living like the Devil

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."

-Matthew 24:12

2012/6/19 0:15Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."

-Matthew 24:12

I would agree that this sums it up pretty well. We're in those times.

2012/6/19 0:18Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen brother ald0025 and areadymind! I believe this scripture brings some light in Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

We must not allow ourselves to slip away from giving more earnest heed to the word of God which we have heard and continue to hear. We must not neglect the “so great salvation” because it is the only way of escape from the fleshly sins. This is not talking about, as some would say, getting saved but this is talking about our salvation experience. We are not to neglect the whole salvation experience until we are finally saved and presented to the Lord. It is like a garden growing fruit that you must keep the weeds out by not neglecting to plow it and keep it clean so that fruit will grow. We must put off the old man and put on the new man. We must put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make not provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. We must deny ourselves daily and take up the cross. We must walk in the Spirit so that we will not fulfill the lusts thereof. We are to cleanse ourselves of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. So many neglect to do these things and lose their fear and love for God.

Our only hope is for God to convict us and stir us to the reality of where we are spiritually in the Lord. That somehow He might get our attention and to awaken us by the Holy Spirit through hearing the anointed Word of God by someone or some means. We must pray for others to be awakened to the things of God. It will be the difference of life or death for so many.

2012/6/19 0:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Not everyone accepts Jesus Christ into their lives, then is Baptized in the Holy Spirit, catches fire and never looks back. Unless someone knows the status of all Christians walk, it’s very unfair to judge. Some Christians are still under construction, give God a little time to get them fixed, after all it took the most powerful man in the Heavens/Universe, 6 days to fix the world the way he wanted it.

2012/6/19 0:30Profile
rbanks

Re:

Bless you MrBillPro!

Only those with a shepherd’s heart are truly concerned for the sheep.

2012/6/19 0:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy