Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anti Gloom and Doom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Anti Gloom and Doom

Quote:
Revelation 3:10 " Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I WILL ALSO KEEP YOU FROM THE HOUR OF TRIAL that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

Summary: Be faithful AND FEAR NOT!

Quote:
2 Peter 2:4-9 "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, BUT PROTECTED NOAH, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and IF HE RESCUED LOT, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, THEN THE LORD KNOWS HOW TO RESCUE THE GODLY from trials AND to hold {while simultaneously holding ~emphasis} the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment."

Summary: Be faithful and FEAR NOT, His arm is not too short to rescue His children!

Quote:
Psalm 3:

Lord, how many are my foes!  How many rise up against me!

Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him. ”

But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
 my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

I will not fear though tens of thousands
    assail me on every side.

Arise, Lord!
  Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.

From the Lord comes deliverance. 
May your blessing be on your people"

Summary: The Lord is our deliverer

Quote:
Matthew 6:34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

NO THOUGHT!

The Lord never gives us grace for tomorrow, He only gives enough grace for today (everyday). We are not to even think of 'tomorrow', this is what no thought means. In this we can have peace. Should great persecution come to us the Lord will give us grace to endure on that day, He's wonderful!

~SELAH my brothers and sisters :-)

2012/6/18 17:10Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Anti Gloom and Doom

Now this is a much better post than one stating that AMERICA has nothing to fear from the AntiChrist or won't be under his power. AMERICA does not = Christians.

However, learjet, you have quite a mountain to climb for those of us who have UNsaved family members whom God will NOT keep from the hour of trial. It is for THEM we fear. Any hope there? Haven't seen a single one saved yet that has gone to his/her grave. And it aint for lack of tryin.

2012/6/18 17:53Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved —you and your household.” Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized. The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household. ~Acts 16:31-34

Hold on to this promise friend, that's what I do! :-)

I could not agree with you more America does not = Christians. I am a citizen of a greater kingdom although my physical location is in the US. There are only two kingdoms, the kingdom of this world and the Kingdom of God. I belong to the latter and my loyalties belong to my Heavenly King.

Much grace!

2012/6/18 20:49Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

2012/6/19 0:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy