SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Burning Bush ... George that is

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: You want to Provoke Me to Action? Love to pray for ya

Reflections - a sharp tongue will he tame, a mind needing taming he will tame, a soft heart will he bring you to pray for others, a humble spirit he can use.

I just want you to know that sometimes my sharp typing brings out strong thoughts that are not my place to bring to some....that is the job of the Holy Spirit in his timing.

When we tear at others to bring them down...that shows hurt and/or anger in one's heart that is personal and we are reaching out and taking it out on others. Even in correcting others we can be doing the same thing. We need to remember to correct our sons/daughters in love and everyone else in our life...dealing in love in all things. My previous message left was not one in total love....it had the sin of ego in it also....and it was wrong. I am sorry to all who had to read it and especially the one it was directed too. I should of prayed for you and left you in the hands of God. Forgive me please.

Reflections.
PJ

2005/2/13 18:08
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

PJ, you may want to re-read this again, what you wrote here. Just contemplate on it a bit.

2005/2/13 19:15Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Come on guys examine yourself to see if you are in the faith. Lets not let this thread turn into a "flesh fest". Not to say any certain one of you is doing that but, It's just a general warning.

2005/2/13 19:34Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

I'll tell you what...

Yes Love, and Yes to Prayer.

But don't forget to Warn others and don't forget I warned You.

I won't put that site up on this site any longer.

I didn't hear one person say that the stuff written on those sites was false....Just mean or harsh.

Was Jesus harsh when he turned the tables over in the Temple, was he saying love the merchants in the Temple.

Well you can think whatever you want of me, but if what I said was true.... (All be it harsh), then who are saying is harsh? Me.. Ok fine me.

God yes God too is harsh and loving, Yes there is Justice here on Earth and there is Mercy.

Sinners have we forgotten the Wrath to come.

We sinners have forgotten the Wrath to come.

You’re right however I should pray for the Bush's.But the point was to share with you all the state of the Age we live in.

Not one single letter of the Law will be stricken.

So much fluffy pillow preaching today not nearly enough conviction of sin. People fall away on account of no conviction of sin.

If I’m telling you the truth, then why would you say there is no room for it here?

No room for the truth huh... Oh well that’s fine

but your right, there is no room for the truth in the world, trying to wake up the sleepy is a hard job.

Wake up peeps, There is Wrath to come and we all will be accountable for what we have said and not said.

Im confident that what I have said is true and as for the sites I listed, I don't know of the content but it seems TRUE and yes HARSH. But True still.

cyas

2005/2/14 0:07Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm reminded of a story I heard Wilkerson tell. (this may not be word for word but I am doing the best i can from memomory) A young minister came to Wilkerson and asked him, "How do you preach the Holiness of God with love?" He replied "With tears and prayer." I belive the Justice of God has to be preached with a hot ferver... of love. No not this love that modern Christianity thinks of. Not this grace that lets you sin all you want to. There is a goodness and a severity of God. I honestly havent looked at the websites much so maybe i shouldnt even comment, but just from reading some of the posts there are some tempers being flared. We cannot let human emotion drive us, but the Spirit of God. Truth sometimes is hard and seemingly very harsh. Jesus called some men children of the Devil, and vipers. He also forgave some that were in blantant sin ie the women caught in adultry. Those that were willing to humble themselves He forgave. Those that were pridefull He rejects. The question to ask ourselves is are we pridefull or humble? Even though we may be saying we are representing God are we full of self pride or humility?

2005/2/14 0:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Warning

I am not entirely sure just what is going on around here lately but there has been an influx of divisive posts that are out of line in their tenor.

Assumptions being made that are directed seemingly at members of this site...

Snide comments, a divisive spirit, pride, haughtiness. An unhealthy anger seems to be back of it. This is not going to continue here.

This forum has survived by being a place where these things are not tolerated. Many a good site has had to shut it's own do to this type of mindset. Ray Comforts forum comes to mind.

[i]IF[/i] you feel compelled to continue on with a mindset of tearing down your own brethren to get your particular point of view across you are in the wrong place.

Cannot stress enough the principle behind what the Lord said.

"[i] Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [/i]"

This is a warning to those who wish to continue in this manner.

2005/2/14 0:56Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Arun wrote:

Quote:
When people constantly condemn others in the name of Christianity, people will automatically develop hatred towards us because everyone knows that it is impossible to live the life that is talked about it in the bible.

Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

And then:

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

How does the "Christian act today?" With much hate or with much longsuffering love?

Secondly, Scripture clearly teaches that those who rule can lead the people to ruin.

Isaiah 3:
12 As for My people, children are their oppressors,
And women rule over them.
O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err,
And destroy the way of your paths.”

Only the love of the truth will protect the believer in these last days.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/14 10:49Profile
LubandHugs

Re:

Hello

Please read Isaiah 58-59

If it would please those who truly care Please to listen to a call to anguish by David Wilkerson and then hells best kept secret by Ray Comfort.

There has always been evil in this world, Let us Look to Jesus to Guide us in these Trials.

Don't fall away on account of Disagreement yet seeks the face of him and he will straiten our path.

Thank you.

2005/2/14 11:10Profile
gtenigma

MD

Re:

Here is my full quote.

"When people constantly condemn others in the name of Christianity, people will automatically develop hatred towards us because everyone knows that it is impossible to live the life that is talked about it in the bible. Only true Christians know this life is possible because we have the Holy Spirit living in us and teaching us these things. Unbelievers will never know these things unless God Himself tells them"

Arun

2005/2/14 13:24Profile
LubandHugs

Re:

Hello,

Let's put our differences aside and get to the meat of things.

We all know full well that the world is sinful.
We should all know that Jesus is the Answer.
We should all do what we can including prayer and action to do what we are personally called to do.

Lets use our gifts to bring the Gospel to the World.

Lets not disagree but agree that Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life. The world does not know him but we do, so let us each in our own way, and with our own gifts proclaim the truth in our Age.

As for the Idea or debate over the President of the United States, well as Christians let us remember that our citizenship is one of the Heavens and our King is Jesus. Allegiance belongs to him and him alone.

Thank you

2005/2/14 13:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy