SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What the LORD is showing me concerning persecution, and sorrows in this day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

What the LORD is showing me concerning persecution, and sorrows in this day.

Greetings
I have been praying much concerning some of the other topics, those in particular that pertain to persecution and the coming trails and tribulations that lay ahead. I have read with much interest and prayer asking the LORD to open my heart that I might glean from these threads what HE would have for me. I will honestly admit with some of the post, those that have been graphic in description where persecution is concerned they have been difficult for me to read. Not so much for myself but they do put images into my mind and as I think of the little ones it is unsettling to me. Of course I know there are many who deal with these kinds of struggles even now and my heart goes out to them in prayer I lift them up before the LORD.

Some of the other things that FATHER is showing me in all this, is to just really keep my focus on HIM. I realize of course those who are suffering physical persecution need our prayers but I am seeing that those who are lost and deceived in many of the religious structure churches here are in great need of prayer as well. Many believe themselves saved and in fact they are not, this breaks my heart to, it makes me shudder and tremble to think of someone hearing those words from JESUS, "depart from me I never knew you."

Another aspect in all of this has been from some who have posted and shared the physical persecution side of this reality. While I do see the merit and understand the need to count the cost I wonder if sharing only the persecution side is telling the whole story? As I hear of these things happening around the world I always think on the "why" so many of these brothers and sisters suffer these things for HIS name sake. Might it not be profitable and encouraging to us in our walks to speak on these things as well? I believe if you or I were to ask these faithful servants why they choose to suffer for the LORD they would share with us about HIM. HIS unspeakable love, HIS grace, HIS mercy, HIS forgiveness, HIS strength, HIS character, HIS sacrifice...the list could go on forever. I guess what I am thinking if we could talk to Stephen in that moment just before he breathed his last why he had said and done the things he did, he would tell us because "Worthy is the LAMB!" After all its not only about the persecution but its about willingly submitting our lives to HIM because HE is worthy!! Honestly with all that GOD has done for me, someone who is completely unworthy there is nothing HE could ask me to do that would be "to much" I believe even the disciples counted all of their trails and tribulations as joy unto the LORD!! Not sure about anyone else but this gives me much hope in HIM!! I know I will have trails and tribulations,(the kind of tribulations I do not worry about) I choose to trust in HIM to give me all that I will need in the midst of them. When the storms rage, whether it be physical persecution for HIS name sake, a natural disaster, economic disruptions, cancer, a lost job, a relative who rejects me as I seek to live for HIM, a broken relationship on account of living for HIM, or the death of a loved one, I know JESUS will be right there with me, HE will be my supply and strength through it all. After all isn't it about taking up our cross daily to follow after HIM??

The last thing I am praying about in all of this and I do think this was asked on another thread, is this, "what is the motivation of my heart when I post here?" No matter what the topic is, even if it seems to be spiritually a really great topic if I don't post in love, after much prayer, and according to HIS will then its all garbage any way...I really want the things I share to reflect HIS heart and I do pray that what I share would point us toward JESUS. Please know this is just what the FATHER has placed on my heart here today to share with you all.I am thankful and grateful for all that have shared what the LORD has shown you on this topic as well.

God bless
mj

2012/6/18 10:45Profile

Re: What the LORD is showing me concerning persecution, and sorrows in this day.

Hi MJ, below is a letter from a young man, Algerius, in 1557. He is near the end of a three year spell in the dungeon and is shortly to be martyred. Listen to his words and see how encouraging, how exciting, how beautiful it is to walk in such a " place," with the Lord. I believe that anyone who knows Jesus and the reality of His presence would be genuinly encouraged to read such words and to know that no matter what situation we face, that the promise of the Lord to " never leave us nor forsake us," is an encouraging one and one that should fill us with peace, no matter what lies ahead................bro Frank

To my beloved brethren and fellow servants of Jesus Christ, who have gone out of Babylon unto mount Zion, whose names I do not omit without cause, grace, peace and mercy from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Amen. In order somewhat to sweeten or take away the pain which you suffer on my account, I would communicate to you the sweetness which I experience, that you may rejoice with me, and shout for joy with thanksgiving in the presence of the Lord.

I will tell to the world an incredible thing, namely, that I have found infinite sweetness in the bowels of the lion. And who will in any wise believe what I am going to relate here? Who can believe it?

In a dark hole I have found pleasure; in a place of bitterness and death, rest and hope of salvation; in the abyss or depths of hell, joy; where others weep, I have laughed; where others fear, I have found strength; who will believe this? In a state of misery I have had very great delight; in a lonely corner I have had most glorious company, and in the severest bond, great rest. All these things, my fellow brethren in Jesus Christ, the gracious hand of God has given me. Behold, He that at first was far from me, is now with me, and Him whom I knew but a little, I now see clearly; to whom I once looked from afar, Him I now behold as present; He for whom I longed, now offers me His hand; He comforts me; He fills me with joy; He drives from me bitterness, and renews within me strength and sweetness; He makes me well; He sustains me; He helps me up; He strengthens me. Oh, how good is the Lord, who does not suffer His servants to be tempted above that they are able. Oh how easy, pleasant and sweet is His yoke. Is there any like God the Most High, who sustains and refreshes those that are tempted? He heals them that are bruised and wounded, and restores them altogether. Isa. 41; 43:20. None is like Him. Learn, most beloved brethren, how sweet the Lord is, how faithful and merciful; who visits His servants in trial (Isa. 43:2); who humbles Himself and condescends to be with us in our huts and humble abodes. He gives us a cheerful mind and peaceful heart.

But will the blind world believe these things? No; she will much rather say (since she is unbelieving), “You will not be able long to endure the heat, cold and discomfort of this place. And how then will you be able to bear the cross, the thousandfold contempt, wrong reproaches, and undeserved ignominy? Will you not regard your dear native country, the riches of this world, your parents, rank and honor at the court? Will you be able entirely to dismiss from your mind your glorious learning, which strengthens and recreates for all labor spent? Will you lose so much for nothing, yea, all the labors you have undergone, your much watching, laboring and assiduity? For what purpose have you labored and studied so much, even from your very youth up?

But, last of all, have you then no fear at all of death, which awaits you, though you are innocent? Oh, what extreme folly and ignorance it is, to be able with a single word to avoid all this, and to escape death, and yet you will refuse to do it . Oh, what a despicable thing it is to be able to obtain something from such excellent, just, God-fearing, wise and good (or pious) councilors and illustrious men,* and voluntarily to refuse to receive anything.

But hearken, ye blind and mortal men, what is hotter and more intense than the fire which is prepared for you? What is colder than your own heart, which is yet in darkness, and has no light at all? John 1:5. What is harder and more confused and restless than your life? What is more ignoble and repulsive than your age? Tell me, my dear, what country or home is sweeter than the heavenly? II Cor. 5:1. What treasure is greater than eternal life? And who are our parents and friends, except those alone who keep the Word of God? Where are greater joy, riches, and honor than in heaven? Tell me, ye ignorant, is not all learning given to know God, whom if we do not know in truth, all’ our labor, watching and exertion, yea, all our undertakings are expended to no purpose? Answer me, ye unhappy men: what comfort or balm can he have, who misses God, who is the cure and refreshing of all? Ex. 15′:26. How can he say that I fear death, if he himself is dead in sins, and thus prefers death to life? I Tim. 5:6. For if Christ is the way, the truth, end the life, can life be found out of Christ? The heat is to me a refreshing pleasure, and winter a joy in the Lord. I who do not fear the burning of the fire, shall I be afraid of simple heat? Is he tormented by ice, who consumes, melts, and falls asleep in the love of God?

This place is indeed hard And severe for the guilty and evildoers; but to the innocent and righteous it is very pleasant and sweet; hence issues honey; hence flows the heavenly drink; here wells up milk; here springs forth the abundance of all good things.

2012/6/18 11:07

Re: What the LORD is showing me concerning persecution, and sorrows in this day.

What The LORD has been showing me in the last week is that the coming conference is right on target and right on time and That is why this topic is under attack and we need to consider the source of these attacks and know that it's a form of confirmation that the topic of the conference IS From GOD because of the sources of the opposition.

No one has posted to the conference thread since the opposition has begun.

Anyone in full-time ministry knows what all of this is a sign of ....

GOD's most perfect will for The Church as a whole, will be the most attacked and is that sign of confirmation that it is GOD's idea in the first place.
Satan doesn't oppose "junk" - he promotes it.
But anything that would strengthen GOD's people - he'll attack.

Any mature minister knows that.

I sincerely appreciate the men & women that have willingly volunteered their time and effort to this upcoming conference, as their motive is toward strengthening HIS Sheep. Amen!

2012/6/18 11:14

Thanks MJ. I think you brought up a very good point. Persecution follows the Good News, that our Creator made a way out of hopeless Hell, and is a Good God, filled with love and mercy, and is Worthy of all mankind's worship. It should never be our focus, nor should we ever fear it.

Persecution, in itself, is simply an aftermath of the Light marching into the darkness to redeem. There has never been another kind that was real, from the early church at Jerusalem, to the Reformation Fathers, to modern day Christians in China or Iran.

Our life should be one of devotion and following, as the early church was, while we are disciplined by Him to learn the mysteries of Love; dying to ourselves and living to Him. We should however, be sensitive to the voice of the
Spirit, that may be warning us to protect or provide for us in various ways.

Perhaps this is what the Spirit IS saying to the churches today. "There is coming a day soon when things will change radically. Be faithful to me no matter what. I am faithful and true."

Our heart must always be fixed on obeying Him and adoring Him. I love Job's heart in the face of the most cruel Persecution one might know.

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." Job

"I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

Faithful Job; One day things changed. He did not waver, in the face of abandonment by all. We too may see this come. Many may be delivered, many may not, but whatever our lot, we must stay Trusting and Loving Jesus.

If we were assured that this was coming, would we, or could we change our daily life? I think the Spirit will do His work as we allow him, and possibly threads like these provoke us , as has been done in your life, to seek for His more perfect heart for your life.

2012/6/18 11:19

Re:

JIG writes..........

"What The LORD has been showing me in the last week is that the coming conference is right on target and right on time and That is why this topic is under attack and we need to consider the source of these attacks and know that it's a form of confirmation that the topic of the conference IS From GOD because of the sources of the opposition."

I agree with that sister. This may be the most unpopular subject in American Christianity............bro Frank

2012/6/18 11:27

Re:

In all honesty I am glad for the uproar. Not that I rejoice in controversy. But there have been a few of us who have posted on persecution issues. Those threads die a quiet death in the archives. Since Greg started posting articles on persecution and the announcement of the upcoming SI conference, more attention has been given to persecution. More threads have been given to this topic. Even the gloom and doom thread has created worthwhile discussion.

Saints persecution is an unpopular topic. Brother Frank is right in that observation. But it is only unpopular to us N. American Christians. To a believer in N. Korea or Eritrea persecution is identification with Christ. It comes with being his disciple. It is called taking up his cross. Persecution comes with following Jesus.

So the discussions are good. Let us be civil to one another. Most important let us ask. What is God saying to us in this hour through our discussions.

Bearmaster

2012/6/18 12:51
MaryJane

Re:

Frank for what you shared thank you. Such beauty in the words of this faithful servant. I am indeed encouraged by these posts, who could not be. The words of a brother in the midst of such trails sharing how JESUS met him there!!
+++
"In a dark hole I have found pleasure; in a place of bitterness and death, rest and hope of salvation; in the abyss or depths of hell, joy; where others weep, I have laughed; where others fear, I have found strength; who will believe this? In a state of misery I have had very great delight; in a lonely corner I have had most glorious company, and in the severest bond, great rest. All these things, my fellow brethren in Jesus Christ, the gracious hand of God has given me.
+++

This words are the heart of one looking past the reality of "the now" and looking to HIS LORD and KING.
+++

"But hearken, ye blind and mortal men, what is hotter and more intense than the fire which is prepared for you? What is colder than your own heart, which is yet in darkness, and has no light at all? John 1:5. What is harder and more confused and restless than your life? What is more ignoble and repulsive than your age? Tell me, my dear, what country or home is sweeter than the heavenly? II Cor. 5:1. What treasure is greater than eternal life? And who are our parents and friends, except those alone who keep the Word of God? Where are greater joy, riches, and honor than in heaven? Tell me, ye ignorant, is not all learning given to know God, whom if we do not know in truth, all’ our labor, watching and exertion, yea, all our undertakings are expended to no purpose? Answer me, ye unhappy men: what comfort or balm can he have, who misses God, who is the cure and refreshing of all? Ex. 15′:26. How can he say that I fear death, if he himself is dead in sins, and thus prefers death to life? I Tim. 5:6. For if Christ is the way, the truth, end the life, can life be found out of Christ? The heat is to me a refreshing pleasure, and winter a joy in the Lord. I who do not fear the burning of the fire, shall I be afraid of simple heat? Is he tormented by ice, who consumes, melts, and falls asleep in the love of God?"
Again the heart behind this is one that is so completely in love and focused on JESUS that all is counted as joy!!
+++

Thank you for sharing. I think I will tuck this one away with some other favorites of mine and pour over them again. Good things to meditated on to be sure.

God bless
mj

2012/6/18 13:04Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Jesus-is-God wrote:What The LORD has been showing me in the last week is that the coming conference is right on target and right on time and That is why this topic is under attack and we need to consider the source of these attacks and know that it's a form of confirmation that the topic of the conference IS From GOD because of the sources of the opposition.

Thank you dear sister for sharing your heart here. I agree the closer we seek to draw near to JESUS the more the enemy will attack. In all these things I pray JESUS be lifted up in the lives of each of us. I do see such a great need to pray for many who are lost, I have felt time is short and there is such a pressing need. I hear HIS battle call, it is a call to prayer!

God Bless
mj

2012/6/18 13:11Profile

Re:

MJ writes........

"Frank for what you shared thank you. Such beauty in the words of this faithful servant. I am indeed encouraged by these posts, who could not be. The words of a brother in the midst of such trails sharing how JESUS met him there!!"

You know sister, when I first read that I wept. I wept for joy and such a peace came over me. I could hear the Holy Spirit, that resides in me, speaking through Algerius. I knew and was familiar with this voice.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(Php 3:8-10)

One can say the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus was abounding in Algerius. He counted not his surroundings, but rejoiced in " knowing Him.' The light of the presence of God overshadowed his circumstances and he reacted in a way that is the very opposite of the natural, he was reacting in a super-natural way. It ran, it runs, counter to the flesh. We can see the fleshly argumuments that some of his family and friends made to him and he responds as only one who has been ruined for the things of this life by the presence of God could respond..........bro Frank

2012/6/18 13:20
MaryJane

Re:

Brothertom wrote:If we were assured that this was coming, would we, or could we change our daily life? I think the Spirit will do His work as we allow him, and possibly threads like these provoke us , as has been done in your life, to seek for His more perfect heart for your life.

As I read over your response this struck me because I have in times past asked myself the questions, "if this were my last twenty four hours to live, how would I live them?" what you said in the above reminded me of that. OF course I know in my heart the answer should always be the same every day "seek to walk closer to the LORD. Hold tight to HIM and submit unto HIM in all things." This is how I should want to live my last day with or with out persecution so it is exactly how I should be seeking to live my life today. Its how I should have lived yesterday and if I am so blessed it should be how I spend the day tomorrow!

Thank you for the reminder. Thank you also for sharing what FATHER has given you.

God Bless
mj

2012/6/18 15:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy