Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : “this one thing I do.”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

“this one thing I do.”

The "Paul Effect"

9/21/2002

Paul’s watchword was “this one thing I do.” He had no side issue, no books to sell. He had no ambitions, and so he had nothing to be jealous about. He had no reputation, so he had nothing to fight about. He had no possessions, and therefore he had nothing to worry about. He had no rights, and therefore he could not suffer wrong. He was already broken, so no one could break him. He was dead, so none could kill him. He was less than the least, so who could humble him? He had suffered the loss of all things, so none could defraud him. Does this throw any light on why the demons had said, “Paul I know”? Over this God-intoxicated man, hell suffered headaches.

This made me stop and really think about my own walk with the LORD JESUS.Its true the only way anyone can take something from me is if I have treasures stored up here instead of in Heaven. The only way this world can cause me to be fearful or worry is if I take my eyes off JESUS. The only way the enemy or those who belong to this world can truly harm me is if I am holding on to this life and have not fully surrendering unto the LORD. IF I am truly this day living and walking in HIM then all my hopes, thoughts, peace, joy, security, and future are buried deep with the heart of my loving GOD where no one can touch!
This made me think, "If God is for me...Who can be against me?"

God bless
mj

2012/6/18 9:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy