SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Having a form of godliness denying the power thereof

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Having a form of godliness denying the power thereof

2 Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come . 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded , lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away .

If you think this a person who is after power you are wrong just wondering why God does not work powerfully in the West or like

William Booth is an example when some of the salvation army went to Australia, they said stop in the Kings name and they replied get of your horses in Jesus name

Acts 24:25 KJV
And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance , and judgment to come , Felix trembled , and answered , Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

John Knox was one whom queen Mary was afraid.

People today are more afraid of Muslims than they are christians and I have been crying out to God why. I am not against knowledge per say. I love the bible and would read every christian book in existence that gets me to know Jesus better. The Jesus of the bible. All these characteristics

Do we make the world tremble because of our godliness or have the fear of God? We should never seek power but Jesus himself, I think most of this list if not all of it I have been guilty of it?

Why do People do not tremble to the word of God anymore

2012/6/16 17:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Having a form of godliness denying the power thereof

Dominic,

When I first read this post I was hoping you would share deeper insights on the sins listed...

As I meditate on this phrase, I can easily see how the rest of the sins listed are an outgrowth of this one, "lovers of their own selves". It is when my own desires, will, comforts drive me to act, work to obtain that one runs into trouble. Today many call it ego; Bible calls it pride - the elevation of self, most often at the expense of another, not always but quite often. This is totally opposite of having the mind of a servant - one that works to please another, serve his needs even at my own expense.

What were you thinking Dominic?

2012/6/17 9:32Profile

Re: Having a form of godliness denying the power thereof

Quote:
If you think this a person who is after power you are wrong just wondering why God does not work powerfully in the West or like

William Booth is an example when some of the salvation army went to Australia, they said stop in the Kings name and they replied get of your horses in Jesus name

Only one True King of Kings!

Edit add,

1Co 4:18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Paul is not denying faith coming by the preaching of the word rather here he is addressing those who are carnaly puffed up with their words that would take captive disciple unto themselves.

then He goes on to proclaim that Power of God must be present in ministry!

2012/6/17 10:00

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy