SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : I need deliverance

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PiZZle

Medina Ohio

I need deliverance

I love God, know of Him well, read His word .. but every time I grow so close to him I give into sin :( It's best described in Romans 6 how it goes. I can fast and pray read and praise ... do what ever yet I CAN'T break this sin.... I know that God id fully capable ...... yer I give in .... I don't want to ...

2012/6/16 2:31Profile
proudpapa

Re: I need deliverance

Hi pizzle,
I spent years where you are, um what we need to do is two things the one is , We must get rid of the guilt, The guilt keeps pulling us back in. There is only one way to get rid of the guilt and that is to Let Jesus take the spanking for us that we deserve,We need the Blood to be cleansed we need to look to the Cross not just intellectualy, but with our heart believe That the price has been paid. That is actually mush easer to write about than to do, (Pride wants us to fight sin on our own)(But Gods way of fighting sin is by faith not effort)

The second Thing we need to do is have faith in Gods operation for victory over Sin, You mention Romans 6, great chapter(becarful not to disfuse all of the power in Romans 6 by misunderstanding Romans 7 as the normal Christian Life.
What Does Romans 6 say That God did to You so that You can have victory over Sin??

It says that you are Dead and That Dead men do not sin.

It says When Jesus Died that you Died with him and That you have been Ressurected with him as a New Man.
Do You Believe This is true, not just in theory but in reality.
You are Dead You are no longer under the Law (No Law NO Sin)
Romans 6
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We need to stop fighting and have Faith, Believe, reckon ourselves Dead, When ever temptation comes Just Believe the reality That You are Dead and Free from the Bondage of that Sin.
Rather than under the Law you now are in a relationship and Need to listen to the inward promptings and rebukes and Leadings of the Spirit, rather than trying to Please God by keeping The Letter of the Law.

I wish I could articulate this better,You need to Believe this with your heart and not just except it as so with your intellect.

2012/6/16 7:28Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:

Dear puzzle you wrote ”but every time I grow so close to him I give into sin “
This statement looks like you know in measure what it means to feel the presence of God but also
how our heart feel when we feel like we are near God is etremely important……Sometimes we start seeking with a humble heart but as God give us the grace and spiritual life we turn and look within ourselves seeing how far we have traveled it creates some kind of pride in us and when this pride come in we lose the grace of God because a proud heart will drive out Gods strength and grace in our Life…… God only KEEPS his grace as the heart REMAINS REMAINS REMAINS HUMBLE
God does not want to give anything to His children if they failed to realize it come from him That is why apostle paul said”I might know him” … if we received anything from Christ jesus the moment we lose the sight that it comes from him then we immdietely lose what we recieved…… IT IS ALL ABOUT KNOWING HIM BY FIRST KNOWING OURSELVES
You wrote about prayer and fasting…
We have no right to received anything from God because we pray and fast that is the first point to note………We do not pray and fast to overcome sin that is the second point…………we pray and fast to enegies the spirit of Christ jesus that is in us that we might connect with JESUS who freely gives and maintain the blessing he gives us as we daily activate his spirit in us through Prayer The focus Should be on Jesus not on the price we pay………it should be on knowing the will of Jesus for our individual lives not on sin……… Have found that it is more easier to surrender to jesus in thing that pertain to sin than in things that are not sinful in themself…… I have found by experience if jeus tell me for example do not eat that diet or food it is more difficult to surrender than for example dont tell a lie……… if i eat what he told me not to eat i lose his grace……… the issue is about relationship union not just overcoming sin…………… sorry for the dots my space bar is faulty

2012/6/17 5:33Profile
Myst

Re: I need deliverance

Hello John,

First, you mention something quite common. As we move into fellowship with our Father, then we do come into greater scrutiny and attack by the enemy.

Another point is that, as we enter into that intimacy, we simply become more aware of our sins. For those who have learned to deal with the more obvious sins, their growing intimacy brings more light into their life, and they become aware of other sins, hitherto not apparent to them. That is why David asked Jehovah to search him, not for God to see his sin, but so that He would reveal it to David.

However, I take it that you are referring to a sin that is common to you, and you, once again, succumb it. It is very common for us to have a "pet" sin, whether it is lust, lying, theft, anger, or any number of things.

Many people do not like to acknowledge the full spiritual nature of their problems. When we enter an area of sin, because it somehow satisfies us, as we continue to indulge ourselves, we tend to grow into that tendency. The saying "like attracts like" is very true; we generally think of it on a natural level, between people, but it also occurs on a spiritual level, our spirit attracting spirits of a like nature drawn toward that sin. The Word refers to Satan seeking whom he may devour, a demonic spirit looking to fulfill its own fascination with a sin.

To avoid our sin on a natural level, we would avoid those who would encourage in a shared area of sin. The same is true on a spiritual level. Scripture says to resist the devil, the demonic, and he will flee from you.

After getting close to your Father, and you feel that urge to sin returing, then you resist. How? First you understand the source of the temptation, those outside forces. You simply tell it that you belong to Another, and you have no part in them or that sin.

Another way to resist the devil is through communion with your Father. As you praise, listen to truly spiritual music, and meditate on spiritual things, then spiritual freedom and strength comes. Just like evil people feel uncomfortable in church, the demonic feels uncomfortable as you enter communion. As you practice this, strength comes.

A third way is offered by Joel 3:10, "Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, I am strong." Fighting urges to sin is a spiritual battle. When you give testimony to truth, "Let the weak say, I am strong," you draw on the power of your Father. Your strength is not in you, it is in Him. When you say you are strong, you are testifying to His power in you, not yours. This testimony brings strength to defeat the desire to sin.

This leads us to the promise of 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." "Confess" in Greek is homologeo, meaning "to say the same." If we say the same thing that God says about our sin, not giving all sorts of excuses, then He promises to do two things, 1) forgive you, and 2) cleanse you, meaning the eradication of you familiar sin.

For example, look at your own confession about your sin: "I CAN'T break this sin"! You are not saying the same thing as your Father says: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," Phil 4:13.

Start speaking in harmony with the Word of God, and He will start working in harmony with you. You will see the power of God unfold dramatically in your life. Tackle your sins one by one. You will see indeed, "If any be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new," 2 Corinthians 5:17.

--------

Who shall ascend into the hill of Jehovah? Who shall stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands (our deeds) and a pure heart (our mind).
-Psalm 24:3,4

2012/8/6 23:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy