SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Have you ever felt like you were losing your faith?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MonteCarlo77

Have you ever felt like you were losing your faith?

I've been being pounded by the enemy for 2 weeks straight now with his lies and now im scared to even open the bible because of the voices saying "your losing slowly!!

This is such a terrifying place...not to read the word as confident but i know God has me walking through fire to purify my faith.

I can only cry out "God...i dont want to stop believing. Please help me even in my unbelief Jesus."

Have you, or any old Saints, been here?
:(

2012/6/15 21:47Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Have you ever felt like you were losing your faith?

MonteCarlo, what do you mean exactly when you say you are losing your faith? Faith that Christ is who He says He is? OR faith that God even exists? OR faith in His various promises?

Also, if you KNOW it is the enemy and his lies, then why are you just sitting there like a duck??? Did Jesus just sit there and take it when the enemy attacked HIM in the wilderness? No, he said, "It is written...." and He said it out loud so the devil could hear. Moreover, if you know it is the devil, what would happen if the devil knew the Lord is gonna get praise every time he slanders the Lord to you?

Maybe you haven't given all the details but it just sounds from your post like you are cowering rather than taking up the Sword of the Spirit. You must at least TRY to fight.In the past, there have been times when i gained a victory just by reading through Psalms of praise on my knees.

2012/6/15 22:15Profile
proudpapa

Hi, MonteCarlo 77, Again I have been where you are, Everyone is going to probably encourage you to try to hang in there and fight the Devil, But suppressing these feelings are only going to delay you for a while as soon as temptation comes They will spring up again,

What we need to do is not suppress these feelings what we need is a (break through),
Good things are birthed out of travail what you are experiencing are the birth pains of a Spirtual break through

Again ,I have been where you are. And am willing to help any way possible

2012/6/15 23:12Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Yes, I have. Keep pressing in brother. He is not one to lie.

I love the story of the writer of "Come thou Fount of every Blessing" by Robert Robinson. Though it cannot be verified, the story is uplifting...

"O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."

An unverifiable story is widely told of Robinson that one day while riding in a stagecoach a lady asked him what he thought of the hymn she was humming, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. He responded, "Madam, I am the poor unhappy man who wrote that hymn many years ago, and I would give a thousand worlds, if I had them, to enjoy the feelings I had then."

It is then said that he fell back on fire for the Lord.

Be blessed! You are not alone.

2012/6/15 23:28Profile
proudpapa

Hi MonteCarlo, The Devil is going to do everything in his power to cause a miscarrage. Would you be willing to do what it might take to induce Labor??

Again what we need to do is not suppress these feelings, What we need is a break through.

Again are You willing to do what it might take to induce Labor??

2012/6/16 11:50Profile
Jer2

Hello, MonteCarlo77. I've been a believer for many years, so I guess I'm an "old Saint," and I felt I was losing my faith several times years and years ago. Maybe sharing some of what helped me may be a little encouragement to you, especially added to what the others have found has helped them.

I guess the biggest help was to understand that I was in a relationship with the Lord. Crises in my faith did not need to be settled in an instant; I could tell the Lord I needed His help to understand something, pray about it and spend time in the Bible and listen to the Lord and the Lord would bring me the help I needed. I used to be driven from the Lord when I failed in some way or had a doubt or something. Now, when any of these things arise, I go to the Lord with it and tell Him about it, asking for help. I listen to what He might say, and pray (in the Spirit, often). My relationship with the Lord continues without harm, and He clears up the problem when it is something that is affecting my walk with Him, or gives me the encouragement I need, or whatever. About some matters the Lord has just spoken clearly that they were not things I need to have a "why" about, that He knows and that is sufficient. The thing is that hearing from the Lord settles my spirit and I can go on in childlike freedom from care because I've heard from the Lord.

No matter what, I need the Lord. I am dependent on Him. If I were to shut Him out, to whom would I go? He is very ready to clear up any problems in our faith if we will ask Him and listen to what He tells us about it.

In the early years, listening to the Lord was the missing element in me getting the help I was seeking from Him. I didn't know how to listen to Him and would pray desperately, feel no different, and walk away thinking He was far away and didn't care. I knew the Bible said that wasn't so, so I would keep coming back and asking and not listening. After some times of this, I would begin to hold something against God, or otherwise begin to receive demonic lies. He would give help as He could, but I was pretty much closed to listening to His answers because I didn't know how to listen, and so I didn't get the help He was so ready to give.

Now, if I am thrown by something that happens, as soon as I can I take some time to spend with the Lord. I'll tell Him what's going on, ask forgiveness if I began to take the thing on in the wrong way, or if there's anything I need forgiveness for. I'll get really clear with Him, remember the Lord's sacrifice for me that cleanses me and makes me holy, and get back into wonderful relationship with Him first, especially if I've spent time walking away from Him.

Then I tell Him I need Him to help me, and that I give the thing over to Him and trust Him to bring me what is needed, when it is needed. I remind myself that He has said that His sheep DO hear His voice, and so I can and will hear the Lord as He tells me what He wants to say. Then I ask Him about the concern I have, and listen for Him to answer me. I may have a picture come to mind, or a scripture, or some words in my spirit, or an impression. The Lord NEVER fails to speak something to bring peace, and let me know He's got the matter in hand. He often will immediately give answers that are just what I needed, but may just give a little piece that meets my need at the moment, with the full answer coming later, often in just an unfolding of revelation.

Be patient with the Lord and yourself! Don't pull away from the Lord now, just simply talk with Him about these things and pray in the Spirit, worship the Lord often, give Him opportunity to speak through the scriptures and through asking Him and listening. He's good to His children.

2012/6/16 12:43Profile
Jer2

Re:

MonteCarlo, if you see this, are you holding up okay? I hope so. My prayers are with you.

2012/6/19 22:15Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, in this world of doom and gloom preaching and a spirit of criticism over the earth, with people preaching works and trying to please a thrice holy God with their performance... i see many trying to hold on. the joy of the Lord is still your strength. therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation and in that day shall you say praise the LOrd.joy is the result of knowing that God loves you personnally.it is the goodness of God that leads to repentance. many of you have no idea what it is like to be a father who loves his children unconditionally as our heavenly Father does love us. watch a child leap into his fathers arms and hug his fathers neck and put all of his trust in his fathers love and you see what the Father wants from us.jimp

2012/6/20 0:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy