SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gloom and Doom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
lindi1208

Re:

Brother Tom

Amen brothertom!Just read your post lol : ) You obviously are a lot faster at typing than I am.

Bless you brother!

2012/6/16 14:23Profile

Great minds think alike.

"Amen brothertom!Just read your post lol : ) You obviously are a lot faster at typing than I am."...lindi1208

No, not faster. It is because we are on the same page!
:}=...............lol

2012/6/16 14:44

Re: Great minds think alike.

Everytime you hear the phrase " doom and gloom," it is invariably derogatory. Typically it comes from folks who fear persecution and do not take seriously the Scriptures that assure us that those who will follow Jesus will suffer a price. Now, I am sure there are exceptions, but I have yet to run into those exceptions. May the Lord gird up His children and give them ears to hear.........bro Frank

2012/6/16 14:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This discussion reminds me what Corrie ten Boom used to say.

Corrie said that before WW2 people were convinced that Jesus would return before they would ever experience hardship or persecution. When Holland was attacked, overrun by the Nazi's, people were caught by surprise and were spiritually unprepared. The end result was many fell away because of the persecution.

I think we could learn from those who have gone before us...

(BTW, Corrie served time in Germany's concentration camps, lost family members there as well.)

2012/6/16 17:03Profile
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

RE:Ginnyrose wrote /This discussion reminds me what Corrie ten Boom used to say./

That is exactly whom I was thinking about, She was against the modern Idea of pretrib rapture because she thought It made for a weak Christian.

With our modern day Once Saved Always Saved theolgy and our Modern Day Pre trib rapture theolgy We are Fat and ready for the slaughter plant.

2012/6/16 17:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I personally think "one" of the very worst things we as Christians can do, is expect anyone else period, to be like them,to think like them,to live like them,to dress like them, or eat like them,or even to serve like them, and etc. I really feel this is one of the reasons God made us all different, and gave us a free will, to be different.If one person wants to avoid "all" doom and gloom, it's because they are not made like you, and if someone wants to stress themselves into a stoke from doom and gloom, have at it. It is not my business to tell anyone how they should live their life, remember God made us all different, down to the fingerprints. That sounds to me like he wants us all to lead an individual life of our on, and not be lead by others thoughts and opinions. If he would have wanted us to be like others, we would not have needed a free will, and he could have just done away with that. My message here is, when you get your life totally in the perfect mode, then you might start telling others how they should live theirs.
I have said it here before probably 20 times, "you have never been beat up, until you have been beat up by a Christian".

2012/6/16 17:49Profile
proudpapa

Re:

In America we have our Potato chips we Have our Ball Games and If we Be a really deep thinker we have our Politics and our theolgy arguments to consume and waste our lives on. We have traded True Faith for a Robert Shuller, Norman Vincent Peal Positive thinking religion.
Oh don't give us doom and gloom.

James 5, Of Course this is The Book Of Straw!

5 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

2012/6/16 17:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Frank,
I mentioned the term"gloom and doom" on another thread of which you replied.I find your comments derogatory but I its ok I forgive you.
I can assure you I take the scriptures seriously and I would rather not be persecuted but if it is what the Lord has for me amen.
David Wilkerson said he was pan tribulation jokingly saying it will all pan out right in the end.
However our view of when Christ comes back does have an effect on our church view.
If you believe in pre tribulation rapture then the extremes of that could be that you believe that we will be taken without any persecution or tribulation(easy life).This does not involve having conferences etc on the subject as none are needed.
If you believe in a post tribulation rapture the extremes of that could be that you have to heavily prepare for a period of time not seen on this earth as regards difficulty.
This involves having conferences etc on the subject as they are required to organize this preparation.
Their are well versed and educated preachers on both sides of the view that love Christ and this has to be remembered before calling the other ignorant.
Whatever view the folks out their have should be rooted in the word and not a reaction to the extremes of the other view.
e.g.the pre tribbers are so lax then God must be about to bring persecution or the post tribbers are so full of fear this cant be right.
My view is that I think that the "coming persecution view" may not be based on inspiration of the Holy Spirit but on a reaction to the false revivals,blab and grab it etc that have been so bad for the church and the majority of which have no choice in their teaching but to have a pre tribulation view.This however does not mean that the pre tribulation view is incorrect it just means alot of people with false teaching in other areas have to take this view.
God could raise people to say persecution is coming but it has to be inspired by the Holy Spirit and in line with the word not by reaction no matter how well intentioned,
Yours Staff

2012/6/16 17:54Profile

Re:

I am nit sure about the reference. But I believe Ahaz said of Elijah this man brings me nothing but bad news. All of the false prophets were prophesying good stuff to Ahaz. At one point Ahaz called Elijah a troubler of Israel.

We see this American evangelicalism. While many preachers are promoting a happy feel good gospel, those who sound a warning of upcoming persecution are labelled as gloom and doomers. Even in this forum. I can already see a thread opened up saying how the upcoming SI conference will be gloomy.

The fact is we need to be warned. The American church has no history of persecution. God grant that more prophets arise and wake us from our slumber.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/16 17:58
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster...The fact is we need to be warned.
Bearmaster.

Well I would suggest folks that feel a need to warn, should go stand in the maternity wards, because if your over 5 and have not seen enough warnings today with all the technology around us, you must be living under a rock.

2012/6/16 18:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy