SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : manipulation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

manipulation

manipulation- to negotiate, control, or influence (something or someone) cleverly, skilfully, or deviously
to falsify (a bill, accounts, etc) for one's own advantage

As I was spending time in prayer and seeking the LORD this morning HE showed me some things that I realized I still struggle with. HE showed me even though I am not always consciously aware that I am doing it I still use manipulation with others to get responses I want. I really have to be on guard with this particular sin because it is such a dangerous one for me. Before coming to the LORD I used manipulation all the time to get my way. This is another area of my life I really want to die to completely. However I realize that I have still not fully learned how to share with others especially family about some topics without some forms of manipulation entering it at times. I can be an emotional person and I don't want to use that to get responses from others or to get my way as I have in times past. I want to be honest with people in a loving CHRIST like way with out having there be even a hint of manipulation involved but I am not sure I know how to share with another. For example I want to get my boys to be more helpful around the house so I have in times said things like, "OH I am so tired, or I don't feel good it sure would be nice if someone could help me take out the trash." I see now that I was manipulating them into trying to get them to do what I wanted. I know I should have just said, "Could someone help me take out the trash today?" instead of attempting to use sympathy to get what I wanted out of them. I see that now but here is my dilemma with another example, the other day I was doing the dishes and I was not feeling well, my son came in saw that I was fighting a cold(stuffy head lots of sneezing) and asked if he could help with things. I said no I was fine because I was afraid if I said yes please help me out my head is stuffy and I want to go lie down I would have been manipulating him to get my way?? How does one be honest and ask for help or share with another and keep from using emotions or situations to manipulate responses?? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? I am learning this can go even deeper and I really want to be careful of that especially when it comes to sharing the Word with my sons.

God bless
mj

2012/6/14 12:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: manipulation

Mary Jane,

Manipulating children - oh, deary, this principle was so popular back when our children were growing up and since I was so young and the perpetrators older and smarter then me, I bought this philosophy hook, line and sinker. Once I realized the fallacy of it, I discarded it for a principle Susanna Wesley used: it is not necessary to tell a child more then twice to do something.

Jesus also said something that I believe has a practical application in how one relates to children: "let your yea be yea and your nay be nay." In other words, be brief, to the point, make sure your point is understood and let it go at that.

There is nothing wrong in asking your child to do something for you if for no other reason you would appreciate a break! After all, they live there with you and they need to share responsibilities around the place: mom is not their servant! Hello?!

Life is a learning process, a continual learning, is it not?
Having a teachable spirit goes a looonnggg way....

God bless and thanks for sharing.

2012/6/14 17:06Profile
brothagary

Re: manipulation

maryjane ,,it goes extremaly deep past the example you set forth

maby if you havent ,,,,read the topic about wathchman nee

sister it is using the soul life and power ,,insted of the full nature of christ

christ never did this

our soul wants to live and exert its self

a dieing daily regarding our souls or selfs tectneichs
and worldy patterns

we arent fully formed in christ yet

praise god ,,he has givern you revalation of this princaple

pray and ask how deep is the princaple ,still active in you

sister dont be shocked ,when he answers

blessings

2012/6/15 14:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.