SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can a Christian not repent if he wants to? Hebrews 6:4

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MonteCarlo77

Can a Christian not repent if he wants to? Hebrews 6:4

I have fell many many times in my many years of walking with the Lord but i know im restored now and delivered and confident it wont happen again by his grace. I still want to do his will but the enemy keeps telling me my heart is hard and cant repent genuinly...because of this verse: Hebrews 6:4.

Please help me siblings....who is he talking about

2012/6/13 22:08Profile

Re: Can a Christian not repent if he wants to? Hebrews 6:4

The thing about this devil using scripture to condemn us is the fact that he cannot speak the truth.

John 8:44 ..... He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

He cannot speak truth because he doesn't abide in it.

Even if he wanted to speak truth what comes out of his mouth will be a lie every time. There is always a twisting of that truth, that is why he is cunning and crafty when he handles the truth. Instead of a statement, he'll turn it around to be a question.

In your situation, it just proves that he again is lying to you because of this one thing, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".

Any condemnation that comes from a source outside Christ is not Christ. God will never condemn you, He cannot condemn His own body.

Satan wants you to believe the lie that God is angry with you.

Now, you need to settle it in your spirit this one thing, are you going to believe the words of a liar or believe God?

It doesn't matter what Satan is saying, he is a liar and the father of it.

Years ago, every time I wanted to do a lengthy fast that devil came to me and said, "You only want to fast to lose weight". Well, those words condemned my motives, and I wouldn't fast. The second time the same thing, the third time I got smart. I began to agree with my adversary. I told him, "Yes, I am going to lose weight but I am going to fast unto the Lord". That was the end of it, he was gone in a flash and I went on my fast.

2012/6/13 23:11

Re: Can a Christian not repent if he wants to? Hebrews 6:4

[quoteTherefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to   maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.And this we will do, if God permits. For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance,   since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

This passage from Hebrews must have a true meaning. Apart from how the evil one may use it to condemn us as individuals, or apart from how we may condemn ourselves, this is not the meaning of the verses which includes the one verse which speaks of the impossibility of "renewing a person unto repentance again" and this because they "crucify unto themselves the Son of God" and "put Him to an open shame" "Whose end is to be burned".

The word crucify unto themselves the Son of God is really the key to understanding here. It was Jesus the Son of Man who was crucified for sin. He was cursed and publicly humiliated before men. But this "crucify" in Hebrews is not that, it is another "crucify"; which is to say, it is putting The Son of God unto an open shame. Open means public humiliation. Start from that distinction and you have the basis for understanding the whole passage. You need to also understand that being burned is a testing of purifying fire which every believer will experience including all the really great ones we may admire and love. Also you need to understand that "nigh unto a curse" is not the same as "cursed".

All of these things are preceded by an admonishment to be mature in our thinking and faith. If we look at the list which the writer to the Hebrews makes reference to, we can see they are foundational doctrines of Truth. If we looked into those foundational doctrines we would recover from our faithlessness and have more confidence in what God has done. Then if we do sin and do so as to make a public effect in the sight of others, we would be able to draw back by remembering those foundational doctrines. Eventually we would be able to walk and do so faithfully because we have come to a knowledge of the grace and mercy of God. Though He judges, He does so to show mercy. This passage does not speak about condemnation at all.

The impossibility of being renewed again unto repentance simply means that you cannot be born from on high twice. Just as you cannot be born of your mothers womb twice. Isn't this what Nocodemus thought Jesus was saying? When you were born again there was a foundation of truth which was laid in your life and this is the Doctrines which are in this passage. You cant relay a foundation once it is laid and Christ Himself has become the chief corner stone. You and others are become the living stones. God would have to dismantle the whole unity of the Church, both Christ as its Head and as the chief corner stone, as well as every living stone to relay this foundation. It cant be done. It is impossible to renew a man again unto repentance. He must learn to walk by faith. God has already started building the church. He isn't going to destroy it. Rather He is going to purify it. The Lord Bless you.

2012/6/15 3:46

Re: Pressing on!

Whilst it is impossible to be renewed again unto repentance, which is to say it is impossible to be born again twice, we can nevertheless be brought to a true repentant attitude. The first time we repented when we believed we did so in a new understanding. We did not really know that we had sinned against God Himself we may have realised that we had sinned against others, but not God. Only in that season of God's calling us do we comprehend that it is God Whom we have offended.

After this newness of understanding we must learn to walk by faith because we now know who we sin against. Not just others, but God Himself. We must learn to put our trust in God. We have to learn that God really does love us, and remember that His love was proven on the cross which bore Jesus unto death. It is faithless to disbelieve God. Yet is quiet normal for the natural mind to fear the consequences of sin in our lives knowing that we sin against God Himself. If this happens and we don't deal with the sin we will eventually find it impossible to hold a sincere faith towards God. Trusting God is estimating His goodness and mercy as our benefit. It is His intention towards us and not our efforts towards Him which is foundational in standing firm. Love the Truth, humble yourself to God, resist the devil and the devil will flee from you. You will find great comfort in knowing what God has done. But only if you have a heart to love the Truth and please God no matter what the cost. We cant be born again many times. We can only stand on what God has done already and trust Him in it.

2012/6/16 6:42
ArtB

New York

Re:

Dear Approved and Armkelly:

Your posts are right on target in regard the Gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ, and of God's mercy and His great love for us - His Children.

We should all believe God, and be confident that God loves us and He is able to transform us to do the good He created us to do. No one, no sin, can snatch us out of His hand. The blood of Jesus has washed away all of our sins - past, present, and future.

To all, let us not depend on our meager efforts to save ourselves nor perfect ourselves, we have a HELPER, The indwelling Holy Spirit, God knows we are all imperfect, He loves us anyway. If we confess our known sins to God whom we love, God will forgive us of all our sins, and He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We have been cleansed by the Blood of Jesus Christ, that He shed on the cross, as atonement for all our sins, we are saved by His blood. We can depend on this promise He has given unto us, let's believe Him.

If we wish to please God, then we should Love, Love, Love, and forgive, forgive, forgive. And we can forgive ourself too.

2012/6/16 8:32Profile

Pressing on to live!...as my satanic nature dies.

There is such a thing as bondage in the Christian's life.

"Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me."

This does not preclude the possibility to repent, but in the end, deliverance may come only by a Sovereign act of Grace.

" For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"!!!???

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

As holy and righteous as any of us may deem himself, this enigma will manifest in the life of even the most devout Christian. In itself, it is but the confronting of the power of the satanic nature we all possess; and it will never, ever go away, even unto death.

The redeeming answer lies in Grace and Faith, and endurance; Deliverance comes, but mostly only on a daily basis, as we choose to die to us, and live to Him. This is the nature of baring our Cross; Embracing the Holy Spirit to slay us.

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

" For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."

Winning is learning how to die, to live. Often, it is not easy. It may be the hardest thing you ever do.

2012/6/16 8:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy