SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Man Dies At Benny Hinn Crusade

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Man Dies At Benny Hinn Crusade

I received this in my email this morning from a church news organization. I have my own opinions about this, but was wondering what y’all thought…

Thoughts… opinions?

Krispy

“A 52-year-old man died of an apparent heart attack on January 22 while attending Benny Hinn's "healing" crusade in Bangalore, India ("When the miracle failed to save a life," Deccan Herald, Jan. 23). Bogus "faith healers" like Hinn bring reproach to the cause of Christ. (No one ever died when they were seeking healing from Him.) Benny Hinn claims to have received the anointing of the late female evangelist Kathryn Kuhlman, and that might well be true, as she also was bogus. In his book Healing: A Doctor in Search of a Miracle, Dr. William Nolen dedicates an entire chapter to his experiences investigating Kuhlman's healing crusades. Though sympathetic to Kuhlman as a person, Nolen was unable to document medically even one case of physical healing. At the time of his investigation, Dr. Nolen was chief of surgery at Meeker County Hospital in Litchfield, Minnesota. In his book Occult ABC, Kurt Koch described his own research into Kuhlman's healing ministry. He carefully followed up on a list of 28 cases of alleged healings in Minneapolis, Minnesota. "Ten had not been healed, seven had experienced an improvement in their condition, eleven had diseases in which the mind can play an important part. In the whole of this extensive report, there is not one clear case of healing from an organic disease." God heals today in answer to prayer, but He does not promise always to heal and there are no apostolic gifts of healing operative today.”

2005/2/11 8:40
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: Man Dies At Benny Hinn Crusade

Benny Hinn and others like Kenneth Hagan are a bunch of false teachers and prophets

Benny is a proven false prophet.

Kenneth is one of the Prosperity Teachers and even worse one of the Laughing Gospel teachers.

Jesus Told us about these things when he said somewhere, "But they will tell me we drove out demons and healed the sick in your name, But I will tell them what you did was unauthorized get away from me you doers of evil".
The quote is from memory so if you have the actual scripture plz post.

PS I fell away once, because in part I attended a church that taught the prosperity gospel and when I found out, I was heart broken and began to question the Word of God.

Please you chosen few beware of those evil dogs.

2005/2/11 9:28Profile

Re:

I believe this is what you're referring to:

Matthew:7:21-23: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Krispy

2005/2/11 10:12
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

that's crazy... I was always unsure about Benny Hinn and some of these other preachers...God knows the truth though and will judge accordingly. There are some out there with healing ministries (not sure who) but they get drowned out by the false healers as do other people who have certain gifts from God, we tend to see more of the counterfeiters and because of that we tend to write off some of the things that God is still doing from the time of the apostles.

2005/2/11 11:00Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Danger! Don't fall away on account of those Dogs!

Yes I agree that the Holy Spirit can heal the sick and bestows gifts in accordance to his will.

However I remind you of the Warning our LORD gave us about these last days.

And again Paul says something like..."beware of those evil dogs those mutilators of the flesh for we are the circumcision it is we who pray in the spirit. And again somewhere it says that we should TEST the Spirits and ourselves.

If your a new Christian and you read this don't fall away on account of the false teachers like I did, but instead seek what is true and let your Allegiance be for Jesus Christ and Not MEN.

And if you consider yourself a rooted Christian and filled with The Holy Spirit, examine even more carefully every thing you hear, with what the Word of God says.

Finally Brothers it is no bother for me to tell you these things again as it is a safe guard for you and for me, Beware of those Dogs.

2005/2/11 11:38Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

AgesOfWar
True indeed we are to test these thing in the spirit by the Holy spirit and He will give us discernement so we can tell what is real and what is not.

2005/2/11 11:53Profile

Re:

Phil 3:2-3: Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

1John:4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2005/2/11 11:57
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
1John:4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

AMEN!!!

2005/2/11 12:11Profile

Be very careful in your statements. You might of sinned. How do you know what God is doing in every part of the world? Your statement of "there are no apostolic gifts of healing operative today".....how wrong you are. When you make a statement like this....you leave yourself open to 2 things......the Devil .... since you could be wrong and that would make you out to be lying unknowingly and it leaves you open to be proven wrong....both of which are not wise.

You obviously do not know of the primitive tribes and the mighty hand of God that has taken place in South America. They put even us to shame in such a short time of the knowledge of Jesus and the might miracles that their primitive faith has shown. They do not know that limits that doubt and fear can place on child like faith. Healings have been reported by the missionaries that would make your head spin.

You need to go to God and ask for Wisdom and guidance by his Holy Spirit before making blanket statements that actually claim shame to God. I know you probably did not realize that you have done this....but God is not dead.....and his tender mercies are way above all of our knowledge of him.....and you are wrong in making that statement.

Prayer first, James 1 next, and then seek out what God really wants to do with you. Maybe he will want you to seek out information further on this...maybe he really wants you to focus on your personal relationship with him more and get off this track of trying to prove yourself right in things and trying to make yourself look better by tearing down others. We Christians are so famous at being the axe that hacks each other down...and I'll bet you that we would be at the Cross standing there saying bad things about this man who claims to be God's son too.....how mean a lot of Christians can be. Nothing has changed from Jew to Gentile....in all the centuries....those that are the closest to you will cut you down just like the first account with Job. Instead of praying for others that might need it .... we judge and proclaim the bad news like glory instead of hanging our heads with the shame of news like this and praying for the might moving of God's Holy Spirit on these souls. And is it your job in God's eyes to tear down others and talk bad about them? I believe that the information you are telling is being told by the Devil's own people.....so you can instead pray for Mr. Hinn and the dead person's loved ones that are in mourning if this account is true instead of sinning by talking bad about others. Believe me....I know what I'm talking about.....I'm having to confront my sin on this all the time and seek God's forgiveness.

How about you pray for me on this and I'll pray for you on this also that we both gain strength?
PJ

2005/2/12 6:26
Spitfire

Re: Amen!

Thanks 4AM. I'm glad someone finally spoke up. I second that. Love, Dian.

2005/2/12 7:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy