Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I want to see

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

I want to see

I Want to See!
10/12/1998
The crowds ahead of Jesus tried to hush the blind beggar, but he only shouted louder, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus asked the man, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord,” he pleaded, “I want to see!” Jesus said, “All right, you can see! Your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.... (Lk. 18:39-43). Is that the greatest cry of your heart? “I want to SEE!!” Our blindness to His Love, to the tragedy of selfishness and sin, and to our need for union with God’s People leads to so many unnecessary falls and wounds. “Lord, I want to SEE!! I want to SEE everything just as YOU do. I don’t want to be blind to Life and Love and Truth anymore. I don’t CARE what the crowds think. I’m going to shout at the top of my lungs to You until You hear my cry. I WANT TO SEE! Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me, I beg you. And Your MIRACLE in my life will capture my heart and demonstrate Your Love and wonders to all who know me!”

I don't know who the brother or sister was that wrote this but I join them in their cry..."LORD I want to see!"
I feel like I have been walking around blind far to long and the cry of my heart that grows stronger each day is really just this simple, "I want to see!"

God Bless
mj

2012/6/11 9:45Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re: I want to see

Have you ever notice this little truth from that story of the blind beggar-

The "religious" folks always try to get you to sit down, settle down, be quiet, and shut up right before God is about to manifest a miracle in your life!

Sometimes we just need to square our shoulders back, cry aloud to Jesus, worship Him, call upon Him, offend the skeptics if necessary , letting the critics and "religionists" deal with it. As this story shows... it is the religionist that doesn't get the miracle while the one who acknowledges Jesus for who He is that does!

2012/6/11 10:41Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

One of the characteristics of the religionists is CONTROL. It is important to control the people so that they listen to them and no one else and so their position in life (leaders over men), honor from man, and material prosperity are not threatened.

Joh 11:47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
Joh 11:48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our PLACE and nation.

Is this what we see taking place today? Many want the people in the church to submit to their word, a word that is unfounded in the Bible. Paul admonishes in 1 Corinthians 4:6: “not to think beyond what is written” (exceed or go past). Why? So pride will not have an opportunity to operate and puff someone up. When someone leads people beyond the Scriptures instead of correctly explaining what is contained in them, he is being spiritually destructive to himself and others who listen to him. This is no small matter to be shirked at. The Pharisees brought almost the whole nation of Israel into their bondage by obedience to their non-biblical teachings.

Much of the Church is likewise in bondage to non-biblical teachings which ensure continued control and safety of the "priest-class". It is plain to see that the man-made hierarchical structure of men over men is still in place today and they call it the "Body of Christ".

The Pharisees were the rulers of the people of God, they made the rules. They told the people how to obey the Bible but Jesus said not to copy their actions. They were the best dressed and the most respected in the community, they look so but what they said did not match their action. Their religious items were always seen but they did not care for people at all, they made it hard for the people to worship right and made it easy for themselves. They loved to be called by their title (apostle, prophet etc.), they sat where all could see them whether it was at a celebration or in the Assembly.

Jesus is not worried or concerned about decorum. But decorum is a tool by the religionists to control the people.

Even many Christian forums major on decorum rather than honest and genuine expression

Pilgrim

2012/6/11 11:42Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

It serves the religionists well if we have a "sin-consciousness" instead of a "Christ-consciousness".

Many Christians live with a sin consciousness. This means more than conviction of a particular sin; it means the nagging, guilt-ridden sense of never being clean and right with God. “Surely I have done something that I shouldn’t have or not done something that I should have.”

Condemnation comes from beneath, light and love from above.

When you live with sin-consciousness you are taking on the image of Satan that he is foisting upon you through deception. You will falsely think that God is wrathful toward you, full of malice. If you continue to take on Satan's consciousness the sin-consciousness will remain and you will go around saying “I’m unworthy, I’m no good, I’m wretched", (as if it is a right and holy thing to say).

Hebrews 10 tells us, though, that God did a perfect and complete job; we do not have to live with a sin consciousness.

We need to put on Christ and His consciousness. "Ye have the mind of Chris".

The Pharisees/religionists will continue to tell you that you don't do enough and are not good enough. It keeps you needing them and keeps them in their position of power.

Pilgrim

2012/6/11 19:35Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: I want to see

Quote:
I don't know who the brother or sister was that wrote this but I join them in their cry..."LORD I want to see!"
I feel like I have been walking around blind far to long and the cry of my heart that grows stronger each day is really just this simple, "I want to see!"

Amen sister! It is the growing cry of my heart also. Like Jacob, I'm not going to let go until He blesses me.

Lord Jesus Christ, grant that we may see You, with a single eye, high and lifted up. Let our response be, "here am I Lord, send me..."

In Christ,

Ron

2012/6/11 20:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy