SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Disturbing reports from Egypt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Disturbing reports from Egypt

http://blogs.cbn.com/jerusalemdateline/archive/2012/06/04/alarming-reports-from-egypt.aspx

2012/6/10 13:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Disturbing reports from Egypt

excerpt:

A number of disturbing reports are coming out of Egypt.

The head of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Mohammed Badie called the establishment of the state of Israel as “… the worst catastrophe ever to befall the peoples of the world” and demanded that the international community pressure “… the Zionist government to withdraw from the land of Palestine.”

Raymond Ibrahim reported that an Egyptian website quoted Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood's candidate for President said Christians should “convert, pay tribute or leave.”

Here’s an excerpt:

"They need to know that conquest is coming, that Egypt will be Islamic, and that they must pay jizya or emigrate," Mursi reportedly said. According to the popular Egyptian website, El Bashayer, Muhammad Mursi, the Muslim Brotherhood presidential candidate, just declared that he will "achieve the Islamic conquest (fath) of Egypt for the second time, and make all Christians convert to Islam, or else pay the jizya," the additional Islamic tax, or financial tribute, required of non-Muslims, or financial tribute.”

The current situation puts enormous pressure on the Christians of Egypt. Here’s an update from one Christian about what some are thinking about the upcoming runoff for president between Mursi and Admed Shafiq:

It is a tough choice. Morsi winning means totalitarian MB (Muslim Brotherhood) regime (as they have parliamentary majority now), Shafiq winning means there will at least be some form of opposition expressing a different current than Parliament but he's waving an iron fist on any trials of chaos or sabotage which is bringing back all the memories of the old regime and people believe the past 16 months will be in vain if he's in office.

Moderate thought people (both Christians and Muslims) don't like either and hate being forced to choose between them. However, the majority of Christians will go for Shafiq whereas Muslims will vote for Mursi and many plan to either abstain or make void their votes. The latter group believes both choices are bad ... this wasn't what the revolution broke out to bring about .. it's another face for oppression... etc. Older people from both backgrounds are pro Shafiq in hopes of long lost stability and security whereas some are pro Mursi in hopes of change and in that they believe MB deserves a chance.

In light of that, here’s what this Christian passed along as urgent prayer requests during this crisis:

Please pray for discernment, discernment, discernment for believers to know how to pray and to have open eyes for what the Lord wants to do amidst all this; for religious leaders to have a word in season when asked for advice.

Please pray for His kingdom to come, His will to be done; for Him to have His way among my people (who're His people); for dreams/visions and the revelation of Jesus the Light of the world.

Please pray for His perfect love to cast out fear; for boldness and courage for the church.

2012/6/10 18:15Profile
drhumm

Re:

During this time of supposed liberation I have had Isaiah 19 quickened to me particularily verse 4, "And the Egyptians I will give into the hand of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them, says the Lord, the Lord of hosts". I agree we must pray for the church and the church to come in Egypt.

2012/6/10 19:20Profile

dont worry

dont fret.

please allow me to link a 5 minute video entitled,

"GOD'S HAND IN THE SIX DAY WAR"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMIq6X4zi4

my loving admonition? you might want to skip the viewers comments below, they are rather coarse and unseemly.

God is the Same, yesterday, today and forever.

(there's also a 45 minute audio presentation, entitled, "Real Miracles on Israeli Battlefield's."....but it meanders and delves into some extra-canonical stuff and confusion, i could only listen to 5 minutes of it)

2012/6/10 20:09

Re:

The Muslim Brotherhood has made its influence felt in Tunisia and Lybia. They are active in Syria. There stated goal is an Islamic caliphate around the world. But first they must take over Egypt.

I indicated in a thread His Blood Cries out inTunisia that the Arab Spring was started by one man setting himself on fire. This was in Tunisia. A few days ago a brother was martyred in Tunisia. This could be the start if the gospel going forth in Tunisia and across the Middle East. This could be an Arab movement but with eternal fruit.

Jesus said unless a kernal of wheat fall into the ground and dies it remains only a single seed. But if it dies it produces many seeds. Let us pray many seeds come from this brother's sacrifice.

Bearnaster.

2012/6/10 20:11

Re:

Bear,
due respect, the 'arab spring' was a US intel op, designed to sow confusion. if you doubt me, which is okay, ask yourself this, how was it, that libyan 'rebels' suddenly appeared on the scene, so well equipped, brand new, white toyota hilux's with 12.7 mm mg's welded onto their beds, ample water, (in arid Libya) and rations, etc.

what had Qaddafi done? after all, he had renounced terrorism, handed over his nuclear wep program, but he made the mistake of talking about a gold based african 'dinar', to be used in crude oil trade.

and why in the past two three weeks, we get daily headlines of the "horror" in Syria? Syria govt blames the rebels for the 'massacres', rebels blame the govt, and so on. but WHO are these rebels? they have no face, they have no ideology demands, etc....all i see asked in the msm, is this question, "should the US intervene in Syria?"

its become a vast chessboard, and nobody really knows who is who. a while back ago, in iraq, we learned how to pay "sunni's" to form groups to blow up shia, and throw the whole polity of a shia iraqi islamic theocracy into confusion. the islamic world is not monolithic, and we learned to play them off aginst each other, use their greed and lust of gold and blood.

no value judgement on this from me, its just the way of the world, the flesh and devil. geopolitic's.

2012/6/10 20:53

Re: Hez

They all need Jesus bro. They all need Jesus.

Bear.

2012/6/10 21:34

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy