SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to keep evangelising without compromising

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Holyhands

How to keep evangelising without compromising

We are told to go to all nations and also in Christian circles are encouraged to Shared Jesus with people! I love to do this however it is hard to maintain the standard of Jesus when with non christians! I do not want to show people a watered down gospel! But also don't wish to bible bash them! Is there a line? How far do we go to win souls? Do we go into Pubs and clubs? I don't feel i can do that myself! Interested in your thoughts! If anyone has the same concerns! as we don't want to breed worldly Christianity(if we can call it that!!)

2005/2/10 17:54Profile

Re: How to keep evangelising without compromising

Listen to the Ray Comfort sermons available on this site... It's the perfect answer for your question.

Krispy

2005/2/11 8:22
hmianigeria

Re:

I agree...

Mia

2005/2/11 11:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
I agree... Mia

Mark this date on the calendar... someone agrees with me about something!! LOL

Krispy

2005/2/11 11:48
LubandHugs

HI,

This is a profound question that should be expounded upon.

I urge those of you who actually do evangelize to help in this thread.

Please give us some insight to where and when or how you personally spread the word of God.

Thank you.

2005/2/14 1:18Profile
Holyhands

Re:

Thank you!
I have just heard that sermon by Ray comfort! It was very helpful thank you!! I think im going to go and hear it again now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

2005/2/18 2:49Profile

Re:

Talking of evangelising without compromising. I have a friend who was converted in recent months due to 2 christians who stayed drinking in a bar every night. This spoke to him as he said that he realised that christians were not all 'freaks with 2 heads!' He realised that this was for him as he saw that these people could be living a life full of the spirit and be able to 'drink him under the table any day' :-D I found that interesting as there has clearly been a change in this mans life and he has been enthusiastically pursuing a Spirit filled life since and has been getting involved in the church and making definite changes in his life. I have not yet listened to the sermon recommended but will listen to it when I get the chance as I always belive that there must e no compromise to evangelise. Having said that though I was obviously not there and do not know if these men were 'hammered' or just having a couple of quiet drinks and inadvertantly gave over the wrong impression so I cannot judge that situation. Just thought it was interesting.

2005/2/18 5:00
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Krispy writes:
Mark this date on the calendar... someone agrees with me about something!! LOL

I have to disagree with you here. It will be a different date on different calendars in different parts of the world! :-D Just kidding.

2005/2/18 5:21Profile
getrealwithg

littlefield, tx

I took groups out into some really mean streets for years in Baton Rouge, my home town. I stressed one thing above all else, being led by the Spirit of God; allowing God's Spirit to lead you to those God was drawing to salvation, allowing God's Spirit to give you the right words to say to those individuals. No 2 people are the same, & no 2 sets of circumstances bring those people to God. You can't know their needs unless God reveals them to you. You can't reach that individual @ the point of need without God's help.

2005/2/19 13:01Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I took groups out into some really mean streets for years in Baton Rouge, my home town. I stressed one thing above all else, being led by the Spirit of God; allowing God's Spirit to lead you to those God was drawing to salvation, allowing God's Spirit to give you the right words to say to those individuals. No 2 people are the same, & no 2 sets of circumstances bring those people to God. You can't know their needs unless God reveals them to you. You can't reach that individual @ the point of need without God's help.

Amen. There are times when you are speaking to folks who have never heard of Jesus Christ (in any real way) or the Gospel. I have found that God will take me down to a most simple Gospel that you ever heard. Remember, sinners don't usually understand all our terms. I have also noticed that getting real loud and agressive (unless the Holy Spirit is moving that way) is usually unnecessary. That usually comes for the Gospel hardened and rebellious.

The most powerful conviction I have seen hit folk- came when the message was in a conversational and slow solumn manor. I was in a revival meeting last week and a man came under such conviction when a brother spoke that he had to leave the house he was staying in and rent a hotel room to seek the face of God. He was still weeping the next morning. God was dealing with him in an awesome way and changing his life. The minister while speaking had such a sobering solumn look on his face as he spoke on the "book of life" that he looked deadly serious. This is not something that can be practiced; it is the Holy Spirit working. I don't think he raised his voice once.

The object of our preaching is so that the sinners will see their lost estate before God and the utter sinfullness of their sin so that the Gospel will MAKE SENSE to them. REMEMBER the Gospel is GOOD NEWS. Hell fire preaching can go a long way, but preaching the CROSS is a different level. It is there that we see God's anger and hatred of sin. If He spared not His own Son- think of how much God must be repulsed by sin?

Ray Comfort is a great teacher of evangelism- but don't stop there. God will refine you as an individual into the minister he wants you to be. You may use bits and pieces of Ray's methods and lots of others from other people. Once you have 'studied' to show yourself approved; the Holy Ghost will take all that info and use it as He sees fit to meet the need at the moment.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/19 14:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy