SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canadian crackdown on critics of gay marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Canadian crackdown on critics of gay marriage

A considered and empathetic opposition to same-sex marriage has nothing to do with phobia or hatred, but that doesn’t stop Christians, conservatives, and anybody else who doesn’t take the fashionable line from being condemned as Neanderthals and bigots. This is a lesson that Canadians have learned from painful experience.

Same-sex marriage became law in Canada in the summer of 2005, making the country the fourth nation to pass such legislation, and the first in the English-speaking world. In the few debates leading up to the decision, it became almost impossible to argue in defense of marriage as a child-centered institution, in defense of the procreative norm of marriage, in defense of the superiority of two-gender parenthood, without being thrown into the waste bin as a hater. What we’ve also discovered in Canada is that it can get even worse than mere abuse, and that once gay marriage becomes ...

read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/301641/canadian-crackdown-michael-coren#

2012/6/9 13:57Profile

Re: Canadian crackdown on critics of gay marriage

While I appreciate your relevent posts like this one I ask a question.

Greg Gordon, what would you have us do in response to this inormation?

What practical faith action do you think we should take?

2012/6/9 14:10

Re: Thingsabove

Brother prepare to be persecuted and martyred. For this is what happens when one stands for the truth. Remember our brother in Tunisia.

Bearnaster.

2012/6/9 14:23

Re:

Well, for decades we christians in America have not taken truley "practical" stands for the truth. We find ourselves here. It's always easier to prevent than to fix later certain things.

Part of what I see in this artcile that Greg Gordon has posted is a warning to us in America to not allow this to happen here. Yet we are in the midst of it. Newsweek proclaimed obama "first gay president"

Again spirituality is practicality. Tozer said "to obey is the one who has the truth" not just in the head.

Over the years I've looked at Sermonindex as being the creme of the christian crop. The cutting edge of Revivalism etc. hmmm

Well ... we shall see.

I am praying and actively speeking in my workplace and with others on these sins and judgments. Have been for years. I need to do more. Maybe others do as well.

But maybe it will have to get worse before there is a THIRD GREAT AWAKENING.

A GREAT AWAKENING,(Revival) is the only thing that will bring salvation and restoration to this current generation.

But...I do not think some of us are desperate enough for it. Perhaps as Ironside declred.

2012/6/9 14:43
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

All I am advocating is prayer that our nations would love righteousness and hate wickedness. The lack of prayer and standing for the truth in the churches definitely allows a minority view to become prevalent such as homosexuality. The bible clearly shows the practice as sin. And not even a normal sin but a sin of the kind were God fully gives the individuals over to their own lusts (Romans 1).

When the Son of Man comes it will be like the days of Sodom (Sodomy) and Gomorah. He who has ears let him hear.

2012/6/9 14:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

What does that say about the rest of a society that has no standard of decency and fair play to strive towards? I mean, all the non-Christians feel they are at liberty to do what they want with no penalty or remorse, so where has that taken us? I could turn it around and say to some extent, it has been Christianity where practiced as the Bible teaches us that has saved mankind from destroying themselves over the centuries, and where man has attempted to destroy others has always been a complete absence of Christ. So, while the atheists and all the 'religions' and theosophical systems of fascism try to take your freedoms and control lives, it has been Christianity that has kept the enemy at the gates, and protected you and your freedoms. Why else do you think Christianity is under such a viscous assault by the Progressives? It is what they covet the most--peoples souls.

2012/6/9 14:59Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
It is what they covet the most--peoples souls.

This is a lucid insight.

2012/6/9 15:12Profile

Re:

Greg said,
"The lack of prayer and standing for the truth in the churches definitely allows a minority view to become prevalent such as homosexuality."

True on both prayer and standing for the truth. We need to prayer rightly, humbly, truly repentent prayers.

We need to "literally Stand" in the public square for truth. Not just in our buildings and forums.

We have gotten here because of decades of compromise from the church in America.
We have compromised on adultery and divorce. Thereby the name of Christ is blasphemed amongst the gentiles because of us.

We have compromised over the decades on every natural law of God.

So yes as billpro said,

"What does that say about the rest of a society that has no standard of decency and fair play to strive towards? I mean, all the non-Christians feel they are at liberty to do what they want with no penalty or remorse, so where has that taken us?"

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

The church must fear before the unsaved will.

2012/6/9 15:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Canadian crackdown on critics of gay marriage

Great comments on this thread - very insightful.

Whenever I read news articles detailing once more some [once] reputable person, organization bowing to the demands of the homosexual philosophy I wonder how much worse can it get? Hey, 20 years ago this type of thing was unthinkable! You thought that surely churches that claim to be Christian would not ever cave in to this issue, but they did.

As I mulled over this issue, I got to wondering if the day will ever come where a pastor will not be able to legally marry a couple unless he subscribes to the LGBT agenda. Could happen...I know there are fundamentalist Christians who do not think a person should get a marriage license - maybe in time their philosophy will make more sense then it does now.

Ahhhh, the days are getting evil and unless the LORD intervenes opposition will become ruthless.

Thinking about this issue is driving me to reread Peter Hoover's book "The Russian's Secret" - a book that details the history of the church in Russia. It is one of suffering, one that details people standing for the LORD at any and all costs - and that cost was costly in every sense of the word.

God bless and have a wonderful day in the LORD - it is His' day, is it not? :-)

2012/6/10 8:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy