SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : William Carey

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Josef83

Sweden

William Carey

William Carey arrived to India year 1793.He was walking by feet in the hot sun from village to village with high fever and malaria in his body Preaching the Gospel. Many times he even slept outside under a tree. After 5 years living like this Stil he hadnt seen a single convert. But his strong believe in the doctrines of Grace also called Calvinism and his strong believe in Gods Sovereignty did that he never quit preaching. After 6 years finally he saw the first Indian Guy convert. 18 Years later there were 1200 converts and baptized Indians. This can encourage us today because salvation is of the lord and we never quit preaching the gospel even if we see results or not.

2012/6/8 18:05Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: William Carey

I am not sure that Calvinism is what drives someone to give of themselves that others may be saved, but rather the person of Christ in them who gave himself a ransom for the whole world.

2012/6/8 18:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
William Carey arrived to India year 1793.He was walking by feet in the hot sun from village to village with high fever and malaria in his body Preaching the Gospel. Many times he even slept outside under a tree. After 5 years living like this Stil he hadnt seen a single convert. But his strong believe in the doctrines of Grace also called Calvinism and his strong believe in Gods Sovereignty did that he never quit preaching. After 6 years finally he saw the first Indian Guy convert. 18 Years later there were 1200 converts and baptized Indians. This can encourage us today because salvation is of the lord and we never quit preaching the gospel even if we see results or not.

I am not sure where that is quoted from but it is a misnomer. Carey was burdened by the lost souls that no one was trying to help in India and other nations. He was provoked specifically from the Moravian Missionary Magazine that showed stories of these young young missionaries giving their 100% all because of the sacrifice of Christ was for all.

He was grieved by the lack of burden amongst the baptists he was apart of. And their spirit was of such that their view of Gods sovereignty had them say to Carey: "The Lord can save the heathen by Himself" He reacted against such a spirit had displayed a missionary zeal that far out weighed many others.

He is known as the fathers of modern day missions but that is a misnomer also. The Moravians which who are chiefly unknown to modern evangelicals were the catalyst of modern missions and Count Zinzendorf himself being the father of this movement.

The moravians sent out more missionaries in first twenty years of their missionary outreaches then the rest of all the churches combined did the past 200 years prior.

2012/6/8 18:24Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

It´s Christ of course but many times in my life its the doctrines of Grace and the doctrine of Gods sovereignty thats keeps me going because many gets angry and mad at me and I have lost relatives etc. All for the sake of the gospel.
But I know God is the on who saves and he has his elect out there and it keeps me going. As Paul said "but for the elects sake I endure all things"(2 tim 2:10) Or when God told him just when Paul was about to give up and leave Corinth "I have alot of people in this city" (Acts 18:10) Paul knew God has many elect in Corinth and thats why he endured there and stayed another 6 months inc Corinth.

2012/6/8 18:28Profile
rbanks

Re:

I would graciously advice you to make sure it is the grace, love, and message of Jesus Christ that you are suffering for instead of the doctrines of Calvanism or any other “ism”

2012/6/8 18:34Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

Thats love isnt it to lay down your life for others?

" Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." - 2 tim 2:8-10

2012/6/8 18:40Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

It is love for the whole world for Paul also said that God and only God knows who are His.

2012/6/8 18:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy