SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Soul and Spirit...and "Original Sin"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Wow

Wow, I have alot to learn from you guys!

2012/6/8 23:48Profile
pilgrim777

Re: Wow

I was thinking the same about you, proudpapa. :-)

Seriously. I have enjoyed your posts. Please continue and do not be discouraged.

Pilgrim

2012/6/8 23:51Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Pilgrim777
an' anyone else who might be peekin' in on the Thread. :)

Yes, the Link works! Thanks! This is a HUGE read. But nevertheless it appears to be an excellent read and I'm sure that I'll discover treasures within it.
I'm going to return to reading it immediately after posting these comments:
About the spirit, soul and body.
I've been conducting self-notes about these terms for years now. After all, if we wish to follow after God, "with all that is in us", it becomes urgent that we become better acquainted about "what is in us"; what God has placed in man at his creation and how they are to function to His glory.
I've concluded that we can only fully answer God's intention for our lives by knowing the composite of man; the activities of conscience, mind, heart, spirit, soul and body.
For starters, I have some lengthy study notes about "conscience"; about what it is and how it develops and functions. I can copy/paste them to here if someone might be interested.

====================================
by pilgrim777 on 2012/6/8 20:28:40
Hi Blayne,
Thank you for your kind reply. I will write more later but in the meantime try this: (I fixed the link)
=====================================

2012/6/9 3:21Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Pilgrim777 (: again :)

I just spent the very early morning hours reading the complete "FAQ's" PDF document. It is a VERY excellent read! I found myself nodding in agreement throughout most of his discussion/explanations.

Now, please. I don't wish it to distract anything from my opinion as stated above:
I think that even more additional portions have arrived to God's people in recent years which enhance and compliment the expressed foundations of the FAQ writer.

We now know much more about the 'substance' of God (for lack of a better word) ... and much more too concerning the spiritual body of God and also of the spiritual body of man. (Referencing "God is Spirit" and "It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body").

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the author may have addressed these matters at greater length in some additional writings of his.

=====================
by pilgrim777 on 2012/6/8 20:28:40
Hi Blayne,
Thank you for your kind reply. I will write more later but in the meantime try this: (I fixed the link)
http://www.christinyou.net/pdfs/FAQS.pdf
The whole doc is a very good read.
======================

2012/6/9 6:18Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
However, I wouldn't be surprised if the author may have addressed these matters at greater length in some additional writings of his.

Then, I would read probably read these two, next.

Towards a Christian Understanding of God
A study of God formatted with two premises:
"What God is, only God is." "God does what He does, because He is Who He is."
http://www.christinyou.net/pages/understandgod.html

Towards a Christian Understanding of Man
An anthropological study of how God created mankind.
http://www.christinyou.net/pages/understandman.html

Enjoy!
Pilgrim

2012/6/9 8:34Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Pilgrim777

I've fast-paced read the two PDF's. Although I enjoyed the reading and again agree with much what the author presented, I never discovered the points I was hoping to find.
I'm not at all disappointed 'er anything; I'm jus' stating the fact as I perceived it. As the popular saying goes, he seemed to have "come up a little short".

I was also having minor difficulty with some of the conceptual ideas which he has attached to the discussion about the 'trinity',(for lack of a better word).
Anyways, as I said, I VERY much enjoyed the reading of the three documents. They are exceedingly well written and clearly defined with scriptural basis. In every sense they were refreshing.

For instance, when I conceptualize "God is spirit", I express it as: the being of a spirit is covered in and surrounded by spirit. It could perhaps be also said expressed this way: The Holy Spirit is the immaterial/spiritual body of God which envelops His being/personality".

Whenever God says something, the bible sometimes refers to this as speaking of the mouth of the Lord, (Jer9:12), or as speaking of the Spirit of the Lord, (Ez 11:5). Luke says that Simeon receives a revelation by the Holy Ghost,(2:26).
When God oversees the world, the bible says, the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, (2Chr 16:9). When He works, the bible speaks of the arm of the Lord, the right hand of the Lord, or of the Spirit of the Lord. (Isa 51:9, Ps 118:15,16 & 1Sam 16:13).

With these biblical descriptions, an image of a body is clearly accentuated. When God sees, hears, speaks and works, He does so by His Spirit, with the spiritual eyes, ears, mouth, arm and hand of His spiritual body. God is a being, a person that appears in and by His spiritual body. The name 'Holy Spirit' indicates the spiritual body of God. Therefore, we could say that the Spirit of God is the spiritual body of God.

Having said that, we are better able to comprehend Paul's statement in Corinthians saying about ourselves, "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body".
Because we Christians move and have our being in "heavenly places in Christ Jesus", we too have a spiritual body.

I guess I should also make mention my thoughts concerning our ascended glorified Jesus, but I don't wish to pester you with a long post. :)

=============================
by pilgrim777 on 2012/6/9 5:34:26

Quote:

Then, I would read probably read these two, next.
==============================

2012/6/9 9:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy