SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What Does It Mean to Wait On God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

What Does It Mean to Wait On God

I'm kind of a person with a bad memory so even though i may have heard some teaching on this years/months past i need a refresher. What does it really mean to "wait on God"? I mean,i need EXAMPLES.

I've read George Mueller's Answers To Prayer, but he had a blazing amazing ministry with orphans and i'm just a nobody, a cripple and a spiritual clutz who just lives day to day trying to survive and wondering what evil is coming next. So what does it mean for a schmuck to "wait on God"? Does it mean that when we pray we are not supposed to get up from our seat or leave the prayer closet until we definitely HEAR something from God? And if so, what if you wait and wait a long time but nothing comes and your mind wanders and you get bored and just get up and leave and do something else? Does it mean you have failed to "wait on God"? I am thinking of things Paul Washer has said in his personal testimony about how once he decided he was not gonna leave until he got an answer from God. And HOW WILL A PERSON KNOW WHEN HIS WAITING IS DONE? Like, what if the answer was NO? How will you know? For example, if you pray to be given a spouse, will you not know the answer was NO until you die or are too old? Or is there a way to know sooner? Or if you are praying for someone's salvation and have seen so many you prayed for die unsaved already, should you assume the answer is Yes or No? Maybe that is a bad example though, some would say that God's answer to salvation prayers is always Yes and i don't know if i can agree with that anymore after what i have witnessed. Anyway, i would just like some input on this topic and would love to hear some personal experiences of "waiting on God". Thank you.

2012/6/7 2:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: What Does It Mean to Wait On God

If you have never read the devotional "Streams in the Desert" I highly recommend it. It is available free online, and there are many many readings about waiting on God through trials, etc.

2012/6/7 7:17Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Is that from womenofchristianity.com? It sounds familiar; i thought i heard of it associated with that site anyway. I'm really not into devotionals much though. Was hoping for some personal examples from people here but apparently no one has any.

2012/6/14 4:54Profile
brothagary

Re:

a short opinion

is a consistent ,constant,intentfull,,waiting on god in the secrect place of prayer ,wile labouring to exacise faith according to the promises of god ,which include a a pouring out of his spirit in our own heart ,and of the same in others whom we interseed for ,and for bodyily healings ,,with fastings of food ,,and fastings form libertys and comferts

i pray we colectivly are convicted on our prayer life and are led to wait on the lord with all our heart ,with weekly fastings ,,,,,,,,

for spirtual blessings awaits those who will minister unto the lord

the night watch ,,it is time for the night watch

the day watch ,,its time for the day watch

its time to go to him with tears and a contrite spirit

and wait on the lord for the lord

any who thirsts , go to the secret place and drink

any who hungers ,go and eat in secert

wait on the lord

and times of refreshings will come by the spirit of the lord

blessings

2012/6/14 5:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net