SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Convert from Islam to Christianity Beheaded

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank you for the disclaimer about this video guys and gals, I do not want to watch this it would trouble me for weeks on end, I still have images in my brain from years watching a beheading in a documentary.

2012/6/7 9:10

Re: Things Above

Brother I am glad you posted this reality check. Though I could not watch the video I did read the account. But I think I will go give the video a look see to remind myself of those in Revelation who are beheaded because of their testimony in Jesus and because of the word of God. Indeed we do need this reality check.

I honor you and others who have served this nation in the armed forces. My uncle was a WWII and Korean vet. Be saw things he could not talk about.

Much blessing be on you as we do remember the martyrs.

Bearnaster.

2012/6/7 9:35
dougr777

Re:

PLEASE DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO...

I have watched them before and it's just a door-point for the enemy to bring much fear and torment.

Read Philippians 4:8 - Think on things...

Doug

2012/6/7 10:38Profile

Re:

Doug I agree that certain people should not watch this video. But brother, there is a persecuted church. We cannot ignore the reality that saints are spilling their blood daily for Jesus. It is said every 5 minutes a saint is martyred for Jesus. By the end of the day 300 or more souls will have passed under the altar for Jesus.

But I do agree that certain people should not watch this video.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 11:11

Re:

Saints Tertullian wrote that the blood of the martyr is the seed of the church. Jesus said that unless a seed falls into the ground and dies it remains only a seed. But if it dies it produces many seeds.

This brother has spilled his blood for Tunisia. Now let us pray that there will be a gospel explosion in Tunisia and the Middle East. Let us not be shocked at what the evil one has done here. But what the devil means for evil let us pray that God will use for good. Let us pray for a gospel harvest in Tunisia.

As the old Moravians used to say may the Lamb that was slain recieve the reward of his sufferings.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 11:23
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I am convinced these videos are not made available to us because of God, but because of Satan ruling the air. He wants us to watch them, and believers without discernment fall right into the trap. They act as a doorway for corrupt seed to be sewn to the flesh. Whoever watches this will pollute their mind. It will condition it to receive more graphic material...which the enemy will introduce in time.

The video should be taken out of the forum.

2012/6/7 11:25Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Mr.West,
Why is it necessary to take the video off. Don't you think there were enough warnings to give the people a choice to watch or refrain.

I believe this video aught to be viewed by all professing Christians because it brings home a reality that exists in our world which we must face sooner or later.

When I watched this video it stirred me to ask myself questions such as am I willing to give my life in such manner for Jesus, how much time do I spend praying for the persecuted, also the peace this man had on his face as he was being slaughtered was so encouraging beyond words.

Are we to refrain from reading our Bibles, the Martyrs' Mirror or Fox" book of the martyrs because they contain graphic images and laguage.

Indeed many people do refrain from reading such material and for that reason they lead complacent christian lives.

Please reconsider before taking that video off.

2012/6/7 12:29Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

UntoBabes,

Would you want a child to see this? If you say no, then why pass it on to others, of whom other children may be among the spectators? An unspiritual image of a man getting his head sawn off while a strange foreign language is spoken. People die everyday; people are martyred, I understand the reality of this very well. This is not the same as reading the Book of Martyrs or Tortured for Christ. I work at a funeral home and see more death in a week than most people will see in a lifetime, and there is such a thing as common sense. Unless you speak Arabic you actually have no clue why this man is being killed.

Who filmed this? The same Islamics who sactioned the execution. They wanted it released, for Christians to see and be horrified.

The purpose of the video's release is not to edify, but to defile. If you watched the video, your mind is now defiled. You can watch another decapitation video next week with less initial shock. Your mind is becoming desensitized to evil, and you don't realize it. This dear man had parents. He was somebody's beloved son, friend, brother. Would you want a public video of your own decaptiated child or father or brother strewn about the internet like this by his killers? I would not, and so I am against it.

I am sorry if you or others disagree. I just think the whole thing is in poor taste, and I am expressing my opinion out of respect for the executed, and the minds of the young people who visit this website.

2012/6/7 13:00Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Let us focus on this man's life, not his death.

AND let us focus on His life and His death.

2012/6/7 13:15Profile

Re: Oaul West

Brother respectfully I pose this question. Was one's mind defiled when they saw Jesus being crcucified?. Crucificon was pretty grizzly and the Romans were masters of it. Yet the Roman centurian looked upon Jesus and acknowledged he was God's son. Even the thief on the cross acknowledged Jesus had done no wrong in rebuking the other thief. He asked Jesus to remember him in paradoxes. I hardly think their minds were defiled.

What of the witness of the believers down through the centuries. Those martyred in the arena, burned at the stake, hung, beheaded, shot, etc. These woukd be gruesome. But for those who witnessed it who knows who was impacted to come to Christ.

I agree that a small child or a weak Christan should not see this video. But I pray that those who see this video throuhout the Middle East will see how a true martyr dies and come to Christ. For the word martyr means witness.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/7 14:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy