SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Swaggart "expositors" bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Blayne,

I am no expert, but I have a legal finance background in forming various corporate entities, mergers and acquisitions. A 501c3 is not the same as an incorporated company, LLP, or LLC. There are no shares of stock to own, buy, sell, share or trade. Thus there are no profits to be made as a result, and the entity is considered a not for profit because there id no underlying shares of stock that can somehow exchange hands. This is why the government doesn't tax the income these organizations recieve.

501c3's act as a way for a community of people to organize and pool their resources together for whatever common non commercial interests they have. It allows them to share property, funds, etc. It cannot be compared to a commercial enterprise like owning a publishing company. These two entities behave in totally different manners.

See: http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/nonprofit-organization

2012/6/7 23:19Profile

Re: A story

I heard a story of a humble monk who was invited to the Vatican. A cardinal was showing the monk all the papal treasures. He said you see my brother. No longer will the church have to say silver and gold I do not have. The humble mink replied. But my brother. Can the church say. In the name if Jesus. Rise up and walk.

Apply this to the mega churches.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/6/7 23:48
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Healings happen at the mega church I am a part of. Better yet, so do salvations.

2012/6/8 5:32Profile

Re: How far we have fallen

Quote:
And when it comes to denominations and how churches relate to those larger governing bodies by law are also varied. Some have their own individuality as their own self governing organizations. Others do not.

my words are NOTHING, let Jesus speak: (and i DO wonder how many will eat of This Word)

The High Priestly Prayer-John 17

When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

“I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

John 17

2012/6/8 6:32

and we wonder why........

Quote:
Megachurches-Supersized (Big Business)
By William Reed (Edited from original article)

Rock climbing walls, kids’ spaces that resemble small Disneylands, bookstores and state-of-the-art sound systems represent today’s church – supersized. Mega churches draw huge numbers of worshippers and receive millions in collection plates. Mega churches are successful corporate entities that seek to service all the spiritual and social needs of their communities.

Mega church’ pastors are major corporate CEOs shepherding large business bases. Mega churches are characterized by congregations of from 10,000 to 25,000 and spectacular buildings which house sanctuaries, day-care centers, bookstores, and health centers. Most resound with crowds and activities seven days a week, and own businesses, subdivisions, and separate community activity buildings.

Almost all mega churches have TV pastorates, feature high-tech video along with foot-tapping music. There are less than 50 nationwide, but Dallas-based Bishop T.D. Jakes, Houston’s Kirby Caldwell, Atlanta’s Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar and Charles E. Blake have grown their memberships by preaching material success and sales their books, festivals, and movies. Their congregations have expanded into businesses such as: schools, assisted living facilities and ex-offender re-entry programs.

etc etc etc.

so i ask you all this...is it any great surprise why thousands upon thousands of nuclear warheads await, hidden and lethal in silos, in submarines, with the darkened heart of man in control of such weaponry?

He who has ears to hear.

2012/6/8 6:45

Re: and we wonder why........

David Platte has wisely observed that Jesus was a mini church leader. You know where two or three gathered in his name.......

Guess we are missing something here.......

Bearnaster.

2012/6/8 9:55
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
David Platte has wisely observed that Jesus was a mini church leader. You know where two or three gathered in his name.......

Guess we are missing something here.......

I think it is safe to say that size really has nothing to do with whether or not Christ is present. Buildings and congregational sizes are not even issues when it comes to whether Christ is walking in the midst, tending the lampstand. The issue is, is the assembly holding the Head (Christ) and seeking to follow His direction and leading. We tend to forget that some 3000 people were saved and baptized in Acts 2:41 in a short period of time. Was Christ not among them because they could not fit into a house church? (my house is a part-time house church btw, so I'm not slamming house churches)

It's not the size of our assemblies or building, but the size of our obedience to the High Priest that matters.

2012/6/8 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy