SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

GodnoliarDot

So according to the words you have posted it would seem to me that those who lived as Christians and strayed away from God and later came back to God are not saved because at one time they probably didn't know if they were saved or not. This is what I gather from the words you use. Would this be correct?

If I were to apply this to my own life then it will say to me that I am not a Christian because at one time in my life I killed myself inside and went through much darkness not wanting anyting to do with God, the church, Christians and anything within the christian world including radio. During the last few years my soul is being restored to a point although I am not 100% back to where I had been at one time. Yet, according to your words it seems I should really be an outsider looking in because I have no salvation. It really sounds to me like a bit of fundamentalism at its finest and possible A reason why many have left the church over the issues of law? This is just my opinion.

What do you think?

John

2012/6/6 19:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If a believer could lose their assurance, wouldn't they be thirsty but Jesus said they would never thirst so a believer could never lose their assurance.

I have adopted a definition of Faith.

Faith: right response to revelation.

How does that fit?

2012/6/6 20:48Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

This is rubbish. I know plenty of people who have NO doubt that they are going to Heaven yet they are all UNsaved. Some are Universalists, some were Catholics (now dead but in Hell), are Catholics, etc. Doubt is the very seed of faith.

2012/6/6 21:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

QUote:

"Doubt is the very seed of faith."

Good one! I like it.

2012/6/6 22:50Profile

Re:

Two men on opposite sides of the spectrum, one with never a doubt, and one with many a doubt.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/2004/issue81/10.34.html

The absence or presence of doubt is somewhat of a meaningless measuring stick with regards to entry to heaven (justification), however the absence of doubt does allow the Lord to do more work in and through an individual (sanctification). Doubters will go so far, but no more as they stop to watch those with no doubt go beyond.

Doubt would look at a, "Thou shalt not kill" and be afraid to go forward to sacrifice a son, because they have not a certainty that it was from God. Lack of doubt comes only from constant meeting with God to know Him and the way that He works. This is what allowed Abraham to do that which no other man has done, or what Joshua has done, or what Noah has done, etc.... They KNEW God personally each having met with the Son, they didn't just know of Him, but actually KNEW Him and could trust that which came from their meetings with Him.

OJ

2012/6/6 23:36
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you for that post,

ws

2012/6/7 0:43Profile

Re:

Dear Mr Blayne, you wrote, "I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says that a person who comes under the stare of the accuser is somehow risking his Salvation."

Pls see 2 Cor 13:5.

"Examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Or do you not yourselves perceive that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved [reprobate - KJV]?" (Green's Literal, 1976)

Mr Blayne - if you cannot perceive Christ in you, you are cast out and not saved.

If someone looks in their heart and wonders "Do I have the Gospel of Christ in me?". They don't. It's not there. That's why they are doubting.

Andrew Christopher Bain
http://Godnoliar.com

2 Corinthians 13, Green's Literal 1976

1 I am coming to you this third time . "In the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter shall be established." Deut. 19:15 2 I said before, and I say beforehand, as being present the second time and being absent now, I write to those having sinned before, and all the rest, that if I come again I will not spare, 3 since you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, who is not weak toward you, but is powerful in you, 4 (for even if He was crucified out of weakness, yet He lives by the power of God). For even we are weak in Him, yet we shall live by the power of God toward you. 5 Examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Or do you not yourselves perceive that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved? 6 And I hope you will know that we are not disapproved.

7 But I pray to God for you not to do evil, none; not that we may appear to be approved, but that you may do the good, and we may be disapproved. 8 For we cannot have any power against the truth, but on behalf of the truth. 9 For we rejoice when we are weak and you are powerful. But we pray for this also, your perfection. 10 Because of this, I write these things while absent, that being present I may not deal sharply with you according to the authority which the Lord gave me for building up and not for pulling down.

11 For the rest, brothers, rejoice! Perfect yourselves; encourage yourselves, mind the same thing, be at peace; and the God of love and of peace will be with you. 12 Greet one another with a holy kiss. 13 All the saints greet you. 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

2012/6/10 5:32
NateMarshall

Re:

I guess John the Baptist is in hell then...

Bummer.

Jesus seemed to think pretty highly of him.

2012/6/10 14:19Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! NateMarshall

It's astonishing to note the abundance of spiritual arson occurring in here.
There seems to be an inordinate amount of arsonists among us; all eagerly busy to incinerate the spiritual house of others.
It's one thing having to tolerate those earnest to publish the entire Tyndale Commentary Library, and quite another to wrestle with the venom of these fire-walkers.
Yes, NateMarshall, your observation is unfortunately correct; the fire-walkers have become so attached to the powers of false piety that they would have indeed struck the match to incinerate John ... and likely Stephen too.

=====================
by NateMarshall on 2012/6/10 11:19:13
I guess John the Baptist is in hell then...
Bummer.
Jesus seemed to think pretty highly of him.
=====================

2012/6/10 15:31Profile

Re: Doubting Your Salvation? You're an unbeliever

Isn't it simply possible to see that it is one thing to doubt your salvation and another to say I don't believe in God and Christ. We all began in unbelief so we all have a testimony as to how we came to believe. Surly that testimony is built upon the foundation of God's revelation of Himself through Christ dying for us. It begins with conviction in some measure or other and ends with our being able to believe what before that we could not believe. Is this response to God's love the same in reverse by saying later on "I have now come to doubt my salvation?" You only have to sin in some persistent manner to come into such a doubt. If whilst in some besetting sin you really have no such doubt then you are showing that you may have not believed at all. In which case examine yourself.

To doubt ones salvation may simply mean that we doubt that we will somehow or other not enter the kingdom when it comes. Such a doubt is reasonable if we are truly living for ourselves and more especially if we persistently sin. This is not the same as saying "I call God a Liar". It may simply mean my conscience is troubled and I doubt that I will see God. Add to this the accuser who is very eager to take advantage of this condition and the flesh which immediately feels rejected you have a recipe for falling away. Let God be true though every man is proven a liar.

2012/6/10 16:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy