Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : His Righteousness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

His Righteousness

Job 33:26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

How does God impart [b]His righteousness[/b] to man?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/10 7:32Profile

Re: His Righteousness

God imparts His righteousness through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. You either have the righteousness of Jesus, or you do not have righteousness at all.

2005/2/10 21:23
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Lahry wrote:

Quote:
You either have the righteousness of Jesus, or you do not have righteousness at all.

I agree with you in part. Yet when God declares this to be so do you know about His righteousness? Do you know Him?

Paul writes to the Corinthians:

1Cor. 1:4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, 5 that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul says that they had been enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, yet most did not know what Paul was talking about.

Do Christians today [b]know actually know the righteousness of God?[/b]

Why was Paul always praying for others to know God as he knew God?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/11 13:16Profile

Re: Well...

I did not understand how you say that you agree ïn part". Those who are born again, know God and He knows them. The rest are part of the apostacy, and haven't got a clue they have been decieved until the Holy Spirit reveals it too them.
But when it comes to righteousness, there is either personal righteousness, or the righteousness of Jesus Christ imputed to those born again. God only recognizes the righteousness of Jesus Christ because of the finished work on the cross. I place the entirety of my eternal hope in the blood of Jesus shed for my sins. If that is not enough, I'm lost. But I do believe that it is more than enough. Alleluia. Glory to God.

2005/2/13 7:28
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Lahry,

I hear your testimony. Yet how many really understand His rigtheousness? How many have the joy that overcomes the world?

Job 33:26, "He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, He shall see His face [b]with joy[/b], for He [b]restores to man His righteousness.[/b]

Elihu and Job knew of His righteousness and the joy of fellowship. His righteousness in not only a definition, but the [b]"Life"[/b] that we learn from Him.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/14 10:59Profile

Re: Well Jeff,

...the very sad thing is that there are millions who profess to be evangelical bible reading christians and yet are walking around in confusion. They do not know how to rightly divide the Word of Truth. Some of the reason is because many of their pastors are caught up in fads that dont' add up scripturally. They preach faith in one breath and religion in the next. They preach His righteousness one minute and your own the next. There is no rest in that kind of church. You will likely not see anyone delivered from their personal carnality. I've been in many churches over the last couple years, and have heard this stuff first hand. Any attempts to challange what they preach is met with certain and real hostility. I've dusted my feet off and headed down the road more than once, beloved.
Acts 17:11 reminds us that those who are prudent will receive the preached word with great joy, then they will search the scriptures daily for themselves, to see if these things be so. It's the Holy Spirit who leads and guides into all truth, not the pastor, not the prophet, not the evangelist or apostle. The Holy Spirit.
One of His most precious gifts given to man is the gift of discernment. Oh how I do give God thanks and praise for the gift of discernment. Couple discernment with diligent personal bible study, prayer and faith, and you will not be easily shaken by those who mean well but are really fashioning their own kingdoms and calling them God's.
Now, I want you to know that there is no such thing as a "perfect church". But we need to be discerning about "who" we sit under and serve the Lord with. Run from those who would put you in bondage with guilt trips and religious shackles. Hold steadfast to what is good and holy, and trust in the Lord with all your heart, leaning not on your own understanding. He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Be blessed in Him. Immerse yourself in Jesus Christ and others will only see Him in you. To God be the glory, now and forever amen.

2005/2/20 9:05
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Lahry wrote:

Quote:
They preach faith in one breath and religion in the next. They preach His righteousness one minute and your own the next. There is no rest in that kind of church.

Amen. Many preach that one must have lots of faith. Few preach about the quality of the faith. God seeks to refine our faith. Men seek to pollute our faith.

Adulterours faith will bring no rest for the weary. The sheep are scattered. And the shepherds speak with stammering lips.

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/22 12:44Profile

Re: Those who preach...

You need lots of faith have "faith in their faith" and not in Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Jesus said you only need faith the size of a grain of mustard seed. If you have spent time with the Father like He did, and follow the Spirit like He did, you don't need that much faith. You have blessed assurance. Follow after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh. No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace....and rest too. Alleluia. Glory be to God forever more.

2005/2/22 16:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy