SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : nature of scriptures

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
We know from the Book of Job how God is in control and what tools he so uses to accomplish his will.
Both of the writers are correct.

This is correct. It's actually kind of funny, as some of the alleged "contradictions" in the Bible show us some VERY important truths, that like you said, those who figure themselves wise will discard. God uses these things many times to really highlight something that we need to take in.

2012/6/11 0:29Profile
proudpapa

thought provoking

Who Killed King Saul??

2012/6/11 0:41Profile
EverestoSama

Re: thought provoking

Quote:
Who Killed King Saul??

King Saul.

2012/6/11 0:58Profile
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

very well EverestoSama but what about 2 Sam.ch1 8-10

I am an Amalekite.
9 He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me.
10 So I (the Amalekite) stood upon him, and slew him,

2012/6/11 1:02Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

1 Chronicles 10

Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

Amalekites can lie (especially if they're trying to curry favor or one up themselves with the new king). The Word of God doesn't. We only have an account of what the Amalekite SAID. 1 Chronicles tells us what actually happened. We see things like this all the time in Scripture. God says one thing, people lie about what was said. :)

Another good example would be in 1 Kings 13. We see a case of what God actually said, and a false account being said in the name of God.

2012/6/11 1:07Profile
proudpapa

RE: EverestoSama wrote

/Amalekites can lie (especially if they're trying to curry favor or one up themselves with the new king). The Word of God doesn't/

(Amen Brother!!!!)

How did Jesus go about to prove the Resurrection of the Dead to the sadducees???

they were astonished at his doctrine!!

2012/6/11 1:10Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
How did Jesus go about to prove the Resurrection of the Dead to the sadducees???

By beating them at their own game.

The Sadducees were very legalistic in their understanding of the Bible, only accepting the Pentateuch (or Torah, or first five books of the Bible penned by Moses) as the authoritative Word of God, so Christ quoted from their very source so they'd have no excuse.

Instead of engaging in Rabbinical pilpul (which is how they engaged in topics of the day, and still do, look it up if you're unfamiliar with it, it's really interesting) He cut strait to the source and spoke with authority, instead of just quoting from some other rabbi. He spoke with an authority that they had never seen before, which is what happens when the Word speaks the Word (literally giving testimony of Himself).

Though of course, ultimately beyond just what was said, He proved the resurrection by in fact becoming the first fruits of it and actually doing and becoming it.

2012/6/11 1:21Profile
proudpapa

EverestoSama, I am impressed with your faith in the scripture it is beyond orthodox. and I mean this as a
complement

RE: EverestoSama wrote, /The Sadducees were very legalistic in their understanding of the Bible, only accepting the Pentateuch (or Torah, or first five books of the Bible penned by Moses) as the authoritative Word of God, so Christ quoted from their very source so they'd have no excuse./

That is very true, But What was the Scripture that He used??
is it one that you would use to prove the resurection??

2012/6/11 1:30Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
That is very true, But What was the Scripture that He used??

Exodus 3:6

He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

He quoted from the only source they would accept: Moses. Now they had no excuse, as if He had quoted from any other part of the Old Testament, they could have dismissed it on those grounds. He gave them no out.

is it one that you would use to prove the resurection??

Never been in a situation with a Sadducee before. Either way, no matter what I would have done in a similar situation, He chose that verse because it would silence them, and testify to the truth that they knew was there. It was the specific passage that left them speechless. Instead of going back and forth with the opinions of other rabbis on the subject, He went strait to the text, and let it speak for itself, to those who couldn't deny it's meaning. Good example for us.

2012/6/11 1:47Profile
proudpapa

Originals

How many years from Moses to Jesus??

Where the Original writings of Moses available in Jesus Day??

Is our Faith in the perfect Jott and Tittle of nonexistant Originals?? Orthodoxy says Yes but what does the Bible say??

2012/6/11 1:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy