SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How are we to be Separate?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

How are we to be Separate?

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

How do you think we are to obey these scriptures? How do you think we are to teach others to obey these scriptures?

Just wondering...

2012/6/5 19:20Profile
onemite

Re: How are we to be Separate?

Hello rbanks-

I think the answer comes in the next verse, which would start in 2 Cor. 7.
"Therefore, having these promises(that He will be our Father, we will be His sons and daughters and he will walk among us), beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."
..so to get a good answer to your question we must look at what it means to cleanse ourselves from filthiness of flesh and spirit, and perfect holiness in the fear of God.

2012/6/5 21:41Profile
beekpr

When we have repented of our sins and have been cleansed and saved by faith in the blood of Christ and filled with His Spirit our lives are dramatically different from that of society around us. If we are not distinguishable from unbelievers around us because we are following Jesus and living by the Word we likely have religion but not Him. Separation is the fruit of a living, saving faith.

2012/6/5 21:53Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

may these links be helpful:

The Cross Involves A Separation - Zac Poonen
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=12_04&year=07#cross separation

and have a search on "The Saint must Walk Alone" by A.W. Tozer

2012/6/5 22:42Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thank you brethren for your replies! I agree very much with your writings.

We are to be separate from all defilement from the world and those who are practicing defilement as to not join with them.

Now how does this coincide with Jesus being accused of being a friend of tax collectors and sinners-even being accused of being a gluttonous and a winebibber.

2012/6/5 23:30Profile
jimp

Re:

actually been asked ,"what is you have that i do not have" by a very wealthy and influential man. he accepted Jesus and changed his life dramatically. there was a watress at a local fine steakhouse (ruths chris)who was a drinking , druging ,open sex kind of girl. after turning down all of the above with her i found out she was raised in the holiness churc and felt she had gone way beyond the reach of Gods grace... after a few weeks of minitering to her and bringing her to my church, she got truly saved . i saw her a year later and she was married and a leader in a small pentacostal church. she asked me if i still went into night clubs and i told her yes, whereupon she said that she could not understand how i could do such a thing. i told her that " isn't it where i found you?"i went to these clubs to judge dance events and drank juice or coffee.jimp

2012/6/6 2:40Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i typed in the preveous post that i often went into bars and night clubs and was a witness for Jesus there . i believe that separation is in personal behavior.

2012/6/6 2:46Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

here are the links I recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEjMWJAhHI

http://setapartgirl.com/mymessage-applauseofheaven.html

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=01_05&year=12#fellowship

2012/6/6 4:00Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Now how does this coincide with Jesus being accused of being a friend of tax collectors and sinners-even being accused of being a gluttonous and a winebibber.

Jesus was friend of tax collectors but never joined in their sins. He eat with them but never failed to tell them that their life is wrong and they have to repent. In other words Jesus was friend of Sinners in bringing them to repentance and not to encourage them to sin.
Jesus was accused of being Gluttonous because he did not restrict himself to eating only certain food(unlike John the Baptist), he lived as a common man and yet without Sin. He is our example.

Jesus separated from all defilement, he was tempted in all the ways like us but he never sinned or defiled his body. He was even tempted to commit sucide (Matthew 4). Defilement of Flesh is not just external defilement, it is also internal temptations that our flesh leads to, for example sexual tempation and its lustful thoughts.

2012/6/6 8:16Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

TO be separate a Christian has to do as Romans 12:1-2 says after saving faith. This is something that because part of my foundation early on when I became a believer. For without it a Christian is only fooling themselves into thinking they are a Christian when they are probably not because of what the Holy Spirit does within the heart. It is that which causes the Christian to become salt in this world. It is this which causes people to know there is something different about you and even something powerful. It may even bring people to you who want to know about God, who want some kind of counseling and so forth.

I think of my past and the many times I had people cross my paths and come to me in secret with broken hearts seeking answers to difficult situations.

When a Christian can transform and renew their minds to thinking differently and practice their living differently along with concrete answers as to why and the power therein it draws hearts. This lacks very much within Christendom today and it is a reason why the church is or seems powerless. A reason why many try in their flesh and eventually fall away from the faith or stay in their faith fooling themselves that their good works gets them through when it is above good works. Does this even make sense?

John

2012/6/6 9:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy