Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "If you could ask..."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

by PaulWest on 2012/6/6 3:06:34

I've come to place enormous distrust in asking God to fulfill my "wants"; the Lord has shown me over time that by not granting several of what I thought were the good "wants" He has gradually made room to give me the best through something I had never even thought of. In fact, God's best for your life often comes through something you do not want initially, nor have a desire to pray for. So, this might sound sanctimoniously banal, but it is the truth: I only "want" His perfect will to be done in my life, regardless of what my moral reason and soul desire "wants" for the moment. Because I admit I am shortsighted, carnal, impulse-driven and temporal.

I do understand what you are saying. That is where my thoughts have gone too as well since I began thinking about this. In my desire to see my friends, family, ect saved I begin to wonder at my motivation. Hell is a terrible place and of course I love these people I do not want to see any of them lost but what is the motivation of my heart behind that is it out of a deep rooted love for HIM. Do I want to see others saved because HE is deserving of HIS reward, is it for HIS sake or is it because the thought of one of my children suffering in hell is to difficult for me to think on. I guess what I am trying to say is am I in a place that I can say "LORD YOUR will be done in their lives regardless of the outcome?" IF they die rejecting GOD I have to accept and know it is by their choice and not allow room for any bitterness or doubt. I must be accepting of HIS good and perfect will regardless...does this make since?

Thank you ginnyrose good question to pray and meditate on. Its amazing the things the LORD has shown me about my heart and attitude in such a short time by just this one question!

God Bless
mj

Edit: After reading what Jesus-is-GOD shared:Asking for souls is Biblical as well as praying Jesus' prayer from John 17 - "that they may be one as We are One."
______

I just want to clarify that I do believe praying for others who are lost is Biblical and that I still continue to pray for them. I just am seeing some things the LORD is showing me concerning the attitudes of my own heart in this. I believe something can be Biblical and still if done in self or from a selfish motivation then it is sin. I really think this is such a great question it least it has been very profound for me as I search my heart before GOD HE has shown me much :)

2012/6/6 9:25Profile

Re: "If you could ask..."

Asking for souls is Biblical as well as praying Jesus' prayer from John 17 - "that they may be one as We are One."
Those are WDJD type prayers. He came to seek and to save those that are lost - and told us to go into the highways and biways and compel them to come in. And His prayer that "they may be one" brings to mind "the repairer of the breach" when I think of our doctrinal barriers, that I believe He will bring down during the persecution. People will either leave The Church or become The Church Triumphant during the days ahead. If Jesus prayed it, as we read - then it Will be fulfilled.
But, I must admit - that this last week, I've had to allow the vision to die and rest in His Hands, of whether I can rest in my family getting saved. I feel that every time there's a "death of a vision" or a horrendous hurt that comes into our lives, besides us resting on Romans 8:28 - it's Him asking, "Will you love Me anyway?" Loving unto death.

It ain't over yet :) Mar 16:20 "And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen."

2012/6/6 10:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy