Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "If you could ask..."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

"If you could ask..."

This morning as I was meditating in the WORD a thought came to me: "if you could ask for any blessing from the LORD and know He will give it, what would you ask for?"

What would you ask for?

2012/6/5 19:03Profile
MaryJane

Re: "If you could ask..."

Greetings Ginnyrose

Right now I am asking the LORD to open the eyes of my children, relatives, and people I know to see their need for HIM. To see how short time is and to repent. This has been on my heart so I think I would just ask for this.

What would you ask for?

God Bless
mj

2012/6/5 19:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"What would I ask for?"

I just want to experience His presence.

Oh, yes, MaryJane, I understand your desire. At the moment when this question came to me, this was my first reaction. I, too, wish my loved ones to have a hunger for God and then pursue it with a vengeance, if possible.

But I had to think of this all day: if the LORD would bless me with whatever I wanted, what would it be?

Yesterday my husband and I went to Tupelo and did some shopping. While at Scruggs I sat in a wicker chair. It was oh, so nice and comfy. I asked my husband how long would I be happy with this if I would buy it? He said, "oh, a few days and then you would want something else." True. I am becoming more and more aware the limitations of material things - the pleasure they provide its owners is so limited and then you want more - never satisfied nor happy for long.

In contrast, what the LORD provides endures, it endures... oh, the delight!

2012/6/5 21:10Profile
NateMarshall

Re: "If you could ask..."

I'm right there with you, ginnyrose. The presence of God. Because I know that in His presence is fullness of joy forevermore, and that at His right hand is pleasure forevermore (Jesus is seated at His right hand, interesting...), and that His glory sanctifies the tent of meeting, and that His throne is high and lifted up but the train of His robe still manages to fill up the entire temple, and that out of His mouth proceeds knowledge and understanding, and that I can't stand in His presence and not be struck with a sense of terror, beauty, joy, awe, and praise.

I would ask for His presence.

2012/6/5 21:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Nate, I appreciate your reply. You expressed exactly what I was feeling.

I wrote more but after rereading your reply believed I could not add to it and so deleted it.

Any more comments?

2012/6/5 23:05Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Ginnyrose

After thinking more on this I begin to wonder if my response was a selfish one? Its very difficult to think of loved ones not going to be with the LORD and yet I know that my prayer must be "LORD YOUR will be done" in all things. I think about my dad, his birthday was on June 8 and that day is just around the corner. He would have been 76 years old. I don't think about him very often, most times I choose not to because of how things were at the end of his life. I don't want to pretend that he is in a better place but it is difficult for me to think of him in hell so I just seek to trust in the LORD.

you mentioned how temporary things in this life are, I have been trying to share that with those around me. So much of what we value today in this life will be nothing but dust and rubble. Being in HIS presence is truly a wonderful blessing...

God bless
mj

2012/6/5 23:25Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
After thinking more on this I begin to wonder if my response was a selfish one?

Not at all. I'd ask for the same thing. It was Paul's desire as well, so we're in good company. Desiring the salvation of another is the opposite of selfish.

Romans 9:1-3

I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

Then again, it's not like having the presence of God, and seeing loved ones saved have to be mutually exclusive things. I would say they're quite related. :)

2012/6/5 23:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

I do not consider your request selfish at all. It is not something you are wanting to enhance your lifestyle, something that you will consume for personal satisfaction/comfort. When I read accounts of people who have seen hell, I cringe and then I get exasperated with my loved ones who are so careless. Then I get angry and this does not work well for any and all, so I need the presence of the LORD first and foremost.

In short, I understand your desire for your family, your friends...

God bless...

ginnyrose

2012/6/6 8:12Profile

Re:

Mine might sound a little selfish, but I would ask for a permanent job that would restore my salary back to where it was... so my wife wouldnt have to work so hard to help us make ends meet. It about kills me to know that thanks to the economy I can't provide everything that we need.

Having said that tho... God has provided everything we need. So I'm not complaining! Just bothers me that she has to help. I want her to be able to concentrate on other things than paying bills.

Krispy

2012/6/6 8:37
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I've come to place enormous distrust in asking God to fulfill my "wants"; the Lord has shown me over time that by not granting several of what I thought were the good "wants" He has gradually made room to give me the best through something I had never even thought of. In fact, God's best for your life often comes through something you do not want initially, nor have a desire to pray for. So, this might sound sanctimoniously banal, but it is the truth: I only "want" His perfect will to be done in my life, regardless of what my moral reason and soul desire "wants" are for the moment. Because I admit I am shortsighted, carnal, impulse-driven and temporal. Does this make sense?

2012/6/6 9:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy