SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who is your favorite SI preacher

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Re:

In my teens, Billy Graham's messages were very influential in my life.

At 25, I left Catholicism. My evangelical Pastor, Leslie B Flynn Nanuet NY, author of over 40 books, week after week soundly revealed the OT and NT both historically and prophetically.

I've been significantly influenced by Bible experts and famed apologists: Dr. Norman Geisler; and by Dr. Walter Kaiser who is an expert on the Jewish Testament, the OT. I had the pleasure to hear them in person and talked with them several occasions.

Secondary inluences came from books by Tozer, and J. I. Packers 'Knowing God', and sermons by John Piper. I also was influenced by C.S Lewis, and even by the Jewish Midrash.

And, of course, the Bible itself being primary as revealed by the Holy Spirit WHOM dwells in us.

I personally tend to stay away from preachers that scream and yell into their microphone. Louder does not make it truer. Maybe some people need that, I certainly don't.

2012/6/5 13:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Vance Havner's are excellent as well.

2012/6/5 14:36Profile
JoshG

Re: Fav Preachers

Duncan Campbell & James A Stewart because they were real revivalists... Also check out Mary Peckham (formally Mary Morrison) - She was converted in the Hebridies Revival and worked closely with Duncan Campbell in the revivals and she preaches with conviction...

Zac Poonen is probably the most balanced teacher/exhorter to learn from. I learnt more from him than any other, and his theology is near perfect. The Holy Spirit really ministers to me when I listen to his messages...

2012/6/5 18:19Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Who is your favorite SI preacher

Just like most of you, Keith Daniel, Art Katz, Zac Poonen, Denny Kennaston, T.Austin Sparks, Paul Washer, David Wilkerson

My Recommendation: Hans Waldvogel and James Steward

2012/6/5 18:47Profile

Re:

I think probably Paris Reidhead.

2012/6/5 19:41
moonfruit

Re: Favorite Preachers

So many to choose from this great site but I would have to say Jim Cymbala.

2012/6/5 19:42Profile
onemite

Re:

"Zac Poonen is probably the most balanced teacher/exhorter to learn from. I learnt more from him than any other, and his theology is near perfect. The Holy Spirit really ministers to me when I listen to his messages... " ~JoshG

Amen. Me too! Though I began with David Wilkerson, then Leonard Ravenhill, Major Ian Thomas, and Paris Reidhead.

2012/6/5 21:05Profile
Debra95621

Granite Bay CA

Re:

Richard Owen Roberts

2012/6/5 21:36Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

JoshH wrote: "Zac Poonen is probably the most balanced teacher/exhorter to learn from. I learnt more from him than any other, and his theology is near perfect. The Holy Spirit really ministers to me when I listen to his messages..."

I've listen to two of Poonens messages, they were quite good.

2012/6/5 22:15Profile
proudpapa

impressed

I am impressed as I wrote in another post with How SI has picked Preachers from all different backgrounds everything from Calvinist to anabaptist to pentecostal But when they get serious about God those strong doctrinal differences seem to fade and there messages sound very simmilar.

2012/6/5 22:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy