SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : value of the Blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

value of the Blood

value of the Blood

Every one of us knows what a precious thing it is to have a conscience void of offence in our dealings with God. A heart of faith and conscience clear of any and every accusation are both equally essential to us, since they are interdependent. As soon as we find our conscience is uneasy, our faith leaks away, and immediately we know we cannot face God. In order therefore to keep going on with God we must know the up-to-date value of the Blood. God keeps short accounts, and we are made right by the Blood every day, every hour and every minute. It never loses its efficacy as our ground of access if we will but lay hold upon it. When we enter the Most Holy Place, on what ground dare we enter but by the Blood?

But I want to ask myself, am I really seeking the way into the presence of God by the Blood or by something else? What do I mean when I say, “by the Blood”? I mean simply that I recognize my sins that I confess that I have need of cleansing and of atonement, and that I come to God on the basis of the finished work of the Lord Jesus. I approach God through his merit alone, and never on the basis of my attainment: never, for example, on the ground that I have been extra kind or patient today, or that I have done something for the Lord this morning. I have to come by way of the Blood every time. The temptation to so many of us when we try to approach God is to think that because God has been taking steps to bring us into something more of himself and has been teaching us deeper lessons of the Cross-he has thereby set before us new standards, and that only by attaining to these can we have a clear conscience before him. No! A clear conscience is never based upon our attainment: it can only be based on the work of the Lord Jesus in the shedding of His Blood.

I may be mistaken, but I feel very strongly that some of us are thinking in terms such as these: “Today I have been a little more careful; today I have been doing a little better; this morning I have been reading the Word of God in a warmer way, so today I can pray better!” Or again, “Today I have had a little difficulty with the family; I began the day feeling very gloomy and depressed; I am not feeling too bright now; it seems there must be something ‘wrong’ therefore the way is not clear for me to approach God.”

What, after all, is your basis of approach to God? Do you come to him on the uncertain ground of your feeling, the feeling that you may have achieved something for God today? Or is your approach based on something far more secure, namely, the fact that the Blood has been shed, and that God looks on the Blood and is satisfied? Of course, were it conceivably possible for the Blood to suffer any change, the basis of your approach to God might be less trustworthy. But the Blood has never changed and never will. If then you are truly Saved in letting go for Him in Covenant, your approach to God then is therefore always in boldness; and that boldness is yours through the Blood and never through your personal attainment. Whatever be your measure of attainment today or yesterday or the day before, as soon as you make a conscious move into the Most Holy Place, immediately you have to take your stand upon the safe and only ground of the shed Blood. Whether you have had a good day or a bad day, whether you have consciously sinned or not, your basis of approach is always the same—the Blood of Christ. God’s acceptance of the Blood is the ground upon which you may enter and there is no other.

thought this was worth sharing. IT certainly was a very timely reminder for me this morning.

God bless
mj

2012/6/4 7:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: value of the Blood

A very good reminder. So often we catch ourselves using our feelings as determining factors in approaching God, forgetting that it is by the blood of Christ alone we have access to the Throne of Grace.

If we have an incomplete or erroneous understanding of the blood's purpose, the enemy will keep us mentally enslaved and preoccupied with our substandard religious performances. We can become blindsided by the misery of self, and by the circumstantial tides of the soul, and hence assume a prejudicial attitude in our approach to God. Having a healthy understanding of the blood's purpose and power will free you from this spiritual handicap.

It is my opinion that most Christians haven't a real, effectual understanding of the blood of Jesus Christ. To most, it's either read about allegorically in the book of Hebrews, or "plead" as an invisible charm over objects and desires. Very rarely is it undersood for its true purpose: as the exclusive basis for our acceptance and our sole lifeline to God's grace through His risen Son. It is the very ransom for our justified positions of eternal sonship. The worth of Christ's blood is inestimable.

2012/6/4 13:53Profile
live4jc

Re:

Thank you for sharing this, sister. I was going to write, 'This truth is gold', but then thought about the verse below. So it's better than gold...

In Jesus,
John

1 Peter 1:18,19
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

2012/6/4 14:34Profile
proudpapa

Re: value of the Blood

Amen: mj. This is so true, It reminds me of Keith Daniels He always seeks the Blood before he prays and has some of the most Spirit filled sermons That I have ever heard, Anyone who has truly experienced Grace knows exactly what you are speaking Of. I needed this today.

Thank you

2012/6/4 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy