SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Confession From The Site Moderator (brother Greg)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
arkp

Re: A Confession From The Site Moderator (Greg Gordon)

What is born of the Spirit is Spirit and what is born of the Flesh is Flesh...

Greg,
I must answer your post, but only because you have quoted one of my absolute favorite verses;

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Ze-rub-ba-bel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of host.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Ze-rub-ba-bel thou shall become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it (Zechariah 4:6-7)

Brother Greg, i am not certain as to how one builds a platform for God when he himself is the builder. However, his word does clearly say that if we deny him before man he will deny us before our heavely Father..

I think that i would first and foremost before building a platform to be a voice, if that is what God has called me to do, i would build an alter first..

May you always be led by his Spirit in all that you do for HIM, i will leave you with this:

"the Pearl of the East", is said to be the oldest city in the world with a continous history-reaching from the time of Uz (Noah's grandson) to the present day. Always, during these long centuries, Damascus has been "the head of Syria" and the metropolis of the desert peoples. Its permanency is attributed to the fact that it is located with a 60,000 acre plain (2, 260 feet above the sea level, which is one of the most fertile oases of the world. The city, and surrounding plain, literally owe their life and prosperity to the well known Abana and Pharpar rivers of biblical fame (II Kings5:12). The Abana, now known as the Barada, ere it reaches the city, spreads fan-like into seven quiet branches; and these in turn subdivide into many life-giving streams which distribute their blessings to the homes, gardens, orchards, and vineyards of some 400,000 people, then sink at last in the desert sands some eightteen miles east ward. The Pharpar, now called the Awaj, rises from the foothills of Mount Hermon and flows some seven miles south of Damascus, where it gives life to the surrounding orchard country.

Ruined remnants of fairly ancient walls and gates remain-some of which date back to Roman times. At two different places a bricked-up window is pointed out as the one through which Paul, "in a basket", was "let down by the wall" (II Cor. 11:33); yet these only illustrate the act, for the mansory immediately about either of the windows hardly dates back to Roman times.

"The Street called Straight" begins at the eastern gate and runs westward into the heart of the city. The "house of Ananias," as seen today, is a low cave-like chapel, sixteen to twenty feet below the street level. This could possibly be the correct location of the house, but "the Street called Straight" was then on a lower level, as a discovered street remnant shows. The present street is no longer the broad boulevard-a mile long and nearly a hundred feet wide-"down which Roman chariots rattled" in those faR-off days. Yet it is fairly straight, and at its western end has roofed-over bazaars which present a brilliant changing pattern of animated trade-as truly Oriental as will be found in any part of the world.

The Great Mosque, which ranks next in sanctity to the mosques of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem, is the oldest and most venerated building in Damascas. It represents three great epochs in history, and the three religions which successively possessed it: heathenism, Christiantiy, and Mohammendaism. The massive foundations and exterior colonnades are of a Greek or Roman temple. Some think it highly probable that this was the site of the temple of Kimmon or Hadad, where Naaman deposited his "two mule's burden of earth" and reared his own alter (II Kings 16:10-13) Under the Romans the temple was dedicated to Jupiter. After Constantine embraced Christianity in the fourth century, the temple was reconstructed into an immense church which was dedicated to John the Baptist by Theodosius. After the Moslems captured Damascus in A.D. 634 the building was remodeled into a magnificient mosque. Three fires have damaged the building but each time it has been restored.

In its present state the Great Mosque consits of a quadrangle structure 480 by 324 feet, surrounded by fine masonry walls, and surmounted by a splendid dome, three lofty towers, and a multitude of graceful minaretes. One of these is called "the Minaret of Jesus,:\" for says Moslem tradition, "on the summit of this Minaret Jesus will appear on the great Judgement day."

On the south side of the mosque, on the upper beam of a little used, but magnificient doorway, there is an inscription in Greek which reads:

"Thy Kingdom, O Christ, is an everlasting Kingdom."

I have many friends in the Lord, in th Kingdom of God - yet i have none.

I have many friends in the secular world - yet i have none.

Trust in the Lord thy God and lean not on your own understanding..

- be blessed

2012/6/3 12:54Profile

Re:

Arkp writes..........

"I think that i would first and foremost before building a platform to be a voice, if that is what God has called me to do, i would build an alter first.."

I agree with that sentiment. First and foremost, God must call us. This is not a statement to promte lethargy or idleness, but is simply a Scriptural statement. We see Abraham being called, we see David being anointed, we see the Disciples being called of God, Peter to the Jews and Paul to the gentiles and crossovers where the Holy Spirit sees fit.

Contrary to some statements, we must not do something simply because we can, in fact, often times our natural abilities hinder the work of the Lord. For my own self, a word was spoken over me by a voice that I trusted. The word was that I would write to the nations. When I heard that word it seemed rather far fetched, this was because of a lack of faith on my own part I believe. Anyway, when the Lord calls He calls, its something that burns in your bones and it is often something you would not do in the natural. In the natural I would not start a website and consider myself, to this day, technically challenged, Greg himself has witness that first hand. Yet I started the site and it remains the same as it did 4 years ago, I just add to it as it seems fit in the Spirit. I started off getting about 10 people a day and I marvelled that I could witness in some shape or fashion to that many people.

Last year I averaged about 2000 people a month from over 130 countries, I believe this being the fullfilment of the word spoken. Now to major sites, this is tiny numbers, but to me, its thrilling. And so, I believe that if God speaks a word into your Spirit you must follow that, flaws and all, the day of perfection will never arrive. If God does not call, then we must stay to whatever calling He has called. Some of the most important lessons I have learned in the last several years is " what I am not." I am not a preacher, although I labored under that illusion for many years that I could be. I am not an evangelist, I am not a teacher, although in the course of our walk the Lord can use us at His will in any of these areas as led by the Spirit. There is much freedom in realizing what I am not, and focussing on what the Lord has called me to, so that He can use that in any way He sees fit. Just some thoughts on this subject which may or may not be helpful..........bro Frank

2012/6/3 14:36
ArtB

New York

Re: The Calling of God

Yes, the calling of God is very important. And God has called me in various ways.

He called me to love Him with all my heart, mind strenght and soul.

He has called me to love my neighbor, as I love myself. And I sure do love me a lot.

He has called me to be that neighbor, via His parable of the Good Samaritan.

He has called me to merciful because Mercy triumphs over Judgment. By what measure I measure others, I will be measured.

He has called me into daily fellowship with Him via the indwelling Holy Spirit, through Whom He cleanses me continually from my many impurities, and by whom He transforms me to be enabled to do the good He created us to do, as well as to make amends of any damage I do, wittingly or unwittingly.

Sometimes one has to leave the Harbor in order to reach the desired destination, trusting God to fill the blanks as you sail.

2012/6/3 15:21Profile

Re:

Amen Bro, leaving the harbor can be scary and of course Abraham , at the call of God, got up and went without knowing the final destination..... Bro Frank

2012/6/3 16:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A Confession From The Site Moderator (Greg Gordon)

Inspiring...

An issue we all have to deal with at some level or another.

Thanks for an insightful article.

ginnyrose

2012/6/3 19:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy