SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One Wonders????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

One Wonders????

Men such as Art Katz and Denny Kenniston have warned the Western church of upcoming persecution. And of course nobody believes them, for the mist part. I mean, come on, persecution. Surely we are immune to that. We will be beamed out in a pretrib 4apture or be divered from persecution.

Soooo. Can somebody please explain to me why Art Katz dies of a mysterious disease and Denny Jenniston gas brain cancer. Can't be the work of the devil? I mean dare we believe that Satan woukd cone against these brothers for trying to wake up the Western church to impending persecution?

Rather makes one wonder?

Bearnaster.

2012/6/2 13:00

Re: Obe wonders????

Isa 57:1,2 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous **is taken away from the evil to come.** He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, **that they may Rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.**

2012/6/2 14:03
rbanks

Re:

Smith Wigglesworth didn't die of any type of disease and he also lead many souls to salvation, multitudes were healed, and several raised from the dead.

Seems to me like we need more enlightenment from the Lord!

2012/6/2 14:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rbanks....Smith Wigglesworth didn't die of any type of disease and he also lead many souls to salvation, multitudes were healed, and several raised from the dead.

Seems to me like we need more enlightenment from the Lord!

Smith Wigglesworth raised folks from the dead? was one a young child named Benny Hinn? :)

2012/6/2 14:23Profile

Re:

And the same could be said of John G. Lake. I think he died of natural causes. I am speaking of two men who warned the western church of upcoming persecution. The death if one and the affliction of another does cause one to wonder.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/2 14:38
rbanks

Re:

No I think it was a lady name K.K that raised up Benny.

2012/6/2 14:48Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

bearmaster
I often wonder the same in regards to David Wilkerson and how he died.

2012/6/2 15:36Profile
pilgrim777

Re: One Wonders????

Quote:
Men such as Art Katz and Denny Kenniston have warned the Western church of upcoming persecution. And of course nobody believes them, for the most part. I mean, come on, persecution? Surely we are immune to that. We will be beamed out in a pretrib rapture or be diverted from persecution.

Soooo. Can somebody please explain to me why Art Katz dies of a mysterious disease and Denny Keniston has brain cancer? Can't be the work of the devil? I mean dare we believe that Satan would cone against these brothers for trying to wake up the Western church to impending persecution?

Many of us "regular" folks have been warning the Church for over 30 years about persecution and judgement, too. Not everyone gets a disease.

The thing about life with Christ is that each relationship is intensely personal. We do not know why these men have contracted their disease. It could be a testing, it could be chastisement, it could be that they gave ground to the enemy. We don't know and therefore should not speculate or try to find out. One thing is certain, they need prayer (except Art).

The Enemy has always tried to get permission to come against the Lord's people. Sometimes he gets it, but only as directed by the Lord (testings). However, if we come out from underneath our Head (Jesus) and open ourselves up to Satan's attacks, then he needs no permission as our disobedience is an open invitation to him. "Do not give place to the Devil."

I do note that in your OP, you are using sarcasm to really bring the spotlight on the belief that the Rapture will "rescue" the Church from persecution. Well, actually most of the Church in the World is undergoing persecution/tribulation right now, so it won't rescue them, but Americans seem to think it will rescue them.

I read today, where Putin says Syria has become a serious issue. I guess the Rapture better happen soon if we are to escape persecution.

Interestingly, the Lord promised us tribulation, but not His wrath, saying that we are not "Children of Wrath".

"...in the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer."

Pilgrim

2012/6/2 16:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Pilgrim, believing in a rapture before "the great tribulation" does not mean one believes that he will not be persecuted or have to go through much tribulation.

I personally believe that their will be a people who live holy and pleasing to the Lord that will escape "the great tribulation" whenever that is, I don't know. There have been and will continue to be Christians going through much tribulation and many will experience severe persecution, even more ahead of us.

I don't have a problem with which way anybody wants to believe it as long as they understand that they need to be filled with God and living a godly life to be prepared to endure any suffering for Jesus sake looking for His appearing not knowing the day nor the hour our Lord may come. Be ye also ready for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man cometh.

2012/6/2 17:18Profile
staff

Re:

Hi rbanks,
I agree with your comments.
Their is a belief of post tribulation believers that they are saving the church from heresy but without taking into account that many good preachers believe in a pre trib or mid trib rapture.The west may enter persecution but it is by no means a certainty.Also you can be persecuted and still be raptured pre trib.Persecution and the great tribulation are two different things.Persecution and Judgement are different things as well,
Look what the passage Jesus gives us in Luke-Just before the son of man is revealed the world will be eating drinking,selling etc everything in the world will be normal(although the church could be in persecution).
Jesus paints a clear picture that just prior to judgement from God that the world will be all systems as normal(a world not in tribulation but perhaps a church in persecution).
We should not mix up persecution or tribulation for that matter with the "Great Tribulation".

24 For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other. 25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 "Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29 But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 "It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

Yours Staff

2012/6/2 17:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy