SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  Unreached of the Day: Jahanka of Gambia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
  Unreached of the Day: Jahanka of Gambia

Jahanka of Gambia
The Jahanka have been Islamic holy men primarily located in Senegal, Guinea and the Gambia. As holy men (Muslim clerics) they conduct Islamic worship rituals and provide Qur'anic teaching in the villages. Often the clerics also maintain farms which are cultivated by young boys who receive education in the Qur’an in exchange for their labor. However, when they lost their slaves in this century, they had to devote more time to farming and less time to religious studies. Their Muslim tradition avoids the notion of jihad (holy war) in favor of pacifism. The Jahanka are very well respected and influential throughout all West Africa.

Ministry Obstacles
Pride in a person's knowledge often is a stumblingblock to simple faith in the finished work of Christ.

Outreach Ideas
Gospel recordings exist in the language of the Jahanka. Pray for workers to take this resource to the people.

Pray for the followers of Christ
There is an indication there are a few followers of Jesus among the Jahanka. Pray they will be instructed in God's Word, and will grow into mature disciples of Christ.

Pray for the entire people group
Pray the religious Jahanka people will increasingly be drawn to Isa (Jesus) of the Qur’an, and will have a growing desire to find out more about this man. Pray this desire will be satisfied.

Scripture Focus
"Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; For You will judge the peoples with uprightness and guide the nations on the earth." Psalm 67:4

People Name: Jahanka
10/40 Window: Yes
Population: 4,100
World Population: 92,000
Language: Jahanka
Primary Religion: Islam
Bible: None
Online Audio NT: No
Jesus Film: No
Audio Recordings: Yes
Christ Followers: Few, less than 2%
Progress Level:

read more: http://bit.ly/Nsxy2w

2012/6/2 11:25Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re: Unreached of the Day: Jahanka of Gambia

God bless you brother Greg for publicly taking such a tribe in our country for the body of christ to intercede. It is beatiful to see that though our country is one of the smallest country in the world yet the body of christ will consider us. As stated the jahanka tribes are pacifism in nature .I learn that they are in one way or another closed to the majority tribe called Mandinkas . I have never seen a bible translated in the mandinka language there maybe but not to my knowledge . Anyway I am very happy in fact suprise that your heart will reach out to such a minute small place like our country. I belief this is because we are about to see a greater work of the Gospel in our nation. With prayers of the saints all that is possible with God is possible. God bless you and give you strength in the work that He has given you.

2012/6/2 12:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy