SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 180 for the Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

180 for the Christian

If you needed an organ transplant but the only organ available was a clone from a Nazi Consentration camps victim would you accept it?? Would you believe that Gods Blessing would be on it??

2012/6/2 0:59Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: 180 for the Christian

Lol, where did you come up with this one? Not just a Nazi camp victim but a CLONE of one. Wow. I will need ten years to think about it.

p.s. Are you saying the clone is dead or alive?

There is a real ick factor here. I would have to say no.

2012/6/2 1:08Profile
proudpapa

Re: Trekker

RE: Trekker wrote "p.s. Are you saying the clone is dead or alive"

The Clone is living. But it is just the clone of the organ, that makes it OK right??

no I would have to agree with you, I would have to say no.

But we may have already said YES

2012/6/2 1:17Profile

Quote:
If you needed an organ transplant but the only organ available was a clone from a Nazi Consentration camps victim would you accept it?? Would you believe that Gods Blessing would be on it??

Dear Brother the things which were done to millions of men and women in and throughout Europe during 1933-1949 by wicked men is more terrible than could be spoken. Why do you so lightly ask a question which of necessity requires one to think about genocide and at the same time press the answer into a mere semantic. I am a Jew according to the flesh and a true Jew according to the spirit. Do you not understand what offense is. In the last week I have seen the name of the man largely responsible for these mass murders three times on SI. It is really a foolish thing to draw attention to such things in this way.

Andrew

2012/6/2 3:48
MaryJane

Re:

Edited: after praying more on this I felt convicted that I posted in self. For that I am sorry. There are some threads I know the LORD does not have for me to be apart of and in self I ventured into this one any way.

I am sorry for interrupting your discussion and ask that those sharing here would forgive me.

God bless
mj

2012/6/2 8:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

papa,

I am seriously rethinking my position on organ transplantation.

I know that to accept another's organ is not sin. But I am wondering about its ethics. Some may say, "but this delves into the realm of sin, does it not?" Sometimes.

For starters, let me say that our oldest son had a cornea transplant when he was 19 YO - his cornea was destroyed by an amoeba - he had acathamoeba keratitis. His cornea burst, prompting a transplant or else he would have been blind in that eye for life. The graft was taken from victim killed in a car accident.

Today this son is still going well with the transplant but did learn its viability is not known - could need another one before too many years (he is now 43 years old).

Now I read how some medical experts are questioning the ethics of heart (and other organs?) transplants. They suggest the donor may be be really dead, you are running the risk of killing a person in order to harvest usable body parts.

Then there is the cost. Back when Lyn had his cornea transplant it cost around $8,000 - we were given a discount because it was paid off when due. Heart transplants can cost up to a million dollars. And who pays? Uncle Sam, aka as the government. What is the longevity of a new heart? Not long, ten years, sometimes more, sometimes less...But does the cost justify this procedure? This is what gives me pause, makes me ask hard questions. A million dollars to prolong you life for ten (?) years and then you will die, anyways? Why are you so scared of dying? You want to rob people of their hard earned money to postpone the inevitable? We all are going to do that sometime - this is a promise.

Where the graft comes from - well, I am wondering how the recipient can know its origin? It took us a while before we were told anything about the donor - this info is not readily shared. It used to be the doctors will not share this info with the recipient although I think my cousin knows the donor's family of the heart he received in a transplant.

These are the issues I grapple with...

My thoughts...

2012/6/2 8:37Profile
proudpapa

Re: amrkelly

Re: amrkelly wrote (Why do you so lightly ask a question which of necessity requires one to think about genocide and at the same time press the answer into a mere semantic.)

Dear amrkelly, no offence is at all intended to any Jew or to you. When I reveal the parallel you will understand just how accurate this illustration is.

The idea Came to me after seeing Ray comforts 180 in which Ray required people to think about genocide which was done to millions of men and women in and throughout Europe during 1933-1949 by wicked men that are more terrible than could be spoken. about.

Whenever Nathan comfronted David He did not come argueing he came with an illustration that Made David think and it Did make Him think and it Made him Judge . Coming and telling him that he was wrong would just have pushed him further in His wickedness.

I come with a terrible and gruesome illustration But the reality of anology will show its self also very gruesome

2012/6/2 10:17Profile
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

Dear ginnyrose you said "But I am wondering about its ethics"

Keep watching this forum and I am sure that You will question the ethics of modern medicine

2012/6/2 10:21Profile
proudpapa

Re: Mary Jane

Re: Mary Jane wrote
"after praying more on this I felt convicted that I posted in self. For that I am sorry. There are some threads I know the LORD does not have for me to be apart of and in self I ventured into this one any way."

It is disscusting but if you knew where I was going with this I think you would probably more understand.

2012/6/2 10:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
Keep watching this forum and I am sure that You will question the ethics of modern medicine

My answer: I already am. Maybe not so much the medical profession but people's love affair with it: pursue it at all and any cost.

I will look forward to your perspective of it.

2012/6/2 11:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy