SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : "THE JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFERENCE"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 "THE JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFERENCE"

[b]"THE JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFERENCE"[/b]
OLATHE, KANSAS CITY
MARCH 4-6, 2005

FREE ENTRY
Keynote Speaker - David Ravenhill.
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~revival/conference.html

---

I am not 100% endorsing this event but because David Ravenhill is a keynote speaker I think it would be worthwhile to go by if you are in the Kansas city area. Andrew Strom is hosting the event. I would like to hear about the event if you go in person. Feel free to share on this thread.

2005/2/9 22:04Profile
moreofHim

Re: "THE JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFERENCE"

Robert,

Will you be there? If so, please let us know how everything goes.

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/10 12:52Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Robert,

Will you be there? If so, please let us know how everything goes.

Hi Chanin,

Yes, I plan to attend most of the meetings. Will let you know how things turn out. Looking forward to meeting If possible David Ravenhill. :-)

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/15 9:41Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Does anyone know why Ravenhill pulled out?

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/17 11:00Profile
dougkristen

Re: "THE JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFERENCE"

Quote:
I am not 100% endorsing this event but because David Ravenhill is a keynote speaker I think it would be worthwhile to go by if you are in the Kansas city area. Andrew Strom is hosting the event. I would like to hear about the event if you go in person. Feel free to share on this thread.

Could you elaborate on why you don't endorse the conference? I am not attending and don't know the speakers except for Andrew Strom. His messages are very strong...

Grace,
Doug

2005/2/17 11:38Profile

Re:

Dear friends,

Today at 11:43am I received an email that I have to admit shocked
me to the core. David Ravenhill wrote to say that he was pulling
out of the 'John-the-Baptist' Conference. I feel just awful having to
announce this. Obviously it is far too late to cancel the whole event
now - virtually two weeks out. People have been booking their air
tickets and accomodation for months. David Ravenhill gave no
explanation and I am not going to speculate on "Why". But rest
assured that this Conference is going ahead - because I believe
that it is God's time for it. There is no way that we are cancelling.
We still have 5 speakers!

I have asked David Kirkwood to step in to help fill Ravenhill's shoes.
As we said last week, David Kirkwood is an American who spends
a great deal of time ministering in Third World countries. Even this
week he is flying to Nigeria to speak at a gathering of 1000
Christian leaders from across that country. Much of his ministry is
focused on correcting some of the worst errors that are infiltrating
into Africa and Asia from the Western nations - such as 'Prosperity'
and "Once saved always saved", etc. He is also very focused on
ministry to the poor and the orphans.

We are very grateful that David has agreed to step in at the last
minute to take a much larger role in the 'John-the-Baptist'
Conference. He says he will also bring copies of his book "The
Great Gospel Deception" which he will make available to people
for 'any donation'.

I am terribly sorry to all of you who have booked for this event
thinking that David Ravenhill would be speaking. I was personally
shocked and devastated by his decision. But who knows? -It
is really GOD who is co-ordinating this event, and I really have
to believe that He has things in hand - and perhaps all this is for
the best. I don't know. But I am terribly sorry, my friends. I will
understand completely if you cancel your bookings and decide
not to attend. -If you want to cancel, please let me know?

But we are going ahead regardless. I hope that many of you will
still attend anyhow. I truly believe it is going to be an important
weekend. Please PRAY for us, my friends?

God bless you all.

Kindest regards in Christ,

Andrew Strom.

2005/2/17 19:15
moreofHim

Re: J.T.B.Conference

Robert, do you have anything you'd like to report about the conference? I have read all the emails sent out by Andrew but was just wondering what your thoughts were. Did you think it went well? Was it as Andrew said?

I read some of your thoughts expressed on some other threads about them needing to be careful and being led by the Holy Spirit alone.

Do you think this is a "works' thing where they may try too hard to do "something" and maybe God wants to do something in His way and His time? Just thoughts and questions coming to me...

In Him, chanin

2005/3/11 15:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am terribly sorry to all of you who have booked for this event thinking that David Ravenhill would be speaking. I was personally shocked and devastated by his decision. But who knows?

Brother Doug, I am quite weary with alot of the prophetic characters that are adhered to and respected in some of these circles. Mr Ravenhill leaving at the last moment might have come from his research and talking to some people about the list of speakers at the event? I would like to hear what you felt about the event Robert?

2005/3/11 16:04Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Hi Chanin,

I hope not to come across negative against anything on the whole repentance thing; I am really trying to express a general attitude of caution in our 'spirit' as we minister this message. We have to minister repentance in love and not make the whole message of repentance a slam on the church. That turns a lot of people off and fast- unnecessarily.

The Keynote speaker brought much balance to the whole message of repentance Friday night. Andrew ministered along general lines as he has in the past on the first night. James spoke on the topic of the Lazarus generation/ the 4 lepers on saturday AM. There was a good altar call afterwards and many came forward for prayer weeping before God. There was a powerful presence of God up front.

From there on I know Andrew has said he was very pleased with how things went by and large. I had to leave and was unable to attend the rest of the conference after saturday AM. The main speakers messages went well as I have heard. I know there was a hickup for a hot second- but it was addressed. I don't know enough to go into it.

The rest of the meeting went well according to Andrew and that means it went well, at least, in my book. He is a very detailed person and would not say things went well had they not. No conference is perfect. It went better than expected from what he tells me. Attendance was good, etc..

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/3/11 16:07Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I would like to hear what you felt about the event Robert?

Hi Bro. Greg,

My general feeling is one of optimistic caution. Anytime there are conferences there are a host of people that attend. They are there for a variety of reasons.

If the objective is to reach the masses then there is a vast number of people in that audience with a vast number of issues. Labels tend to isolate.

The worship service was very powerful. The Holy Spirit was present in a real way.

To characterize my feeling I have to go back to a prayer meeting I was in at Andrew's house once when an angry man who was angry at the church land blasted me for about 20 Minutes or more on all the shortcomings of the church. I was the only 'church' guy there. What he did not know is that I am in ministry almost 5 days a week in front of people and I was not a 'typical' church guy. His words were a mixture of truth and lies. Andrew had to ask him to leave. Since then I have been very worried that the message of repentance would attract people like that who are just angry at everyone and for every reason. Anger is not anointing. Those of us who are in the trenches do not take that message very well. Not just me, but everyone that is in the trenches with me does not like it. Some even get up and walk out. It is FRIENDLY FIRE and it is not pleasant. I will not support any movement that heads that way. Contrary wise...

Those are my feelings. Anyone else who wants to share can. i am one man with a limited view.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/3/11 16:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy