SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Confused

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PMan

Tallahassee, FL

Confused

Could someone direct me to some sermons which clearly present the gospel so that I know how to be saved. Do I have to repent of my sins in order to be saved, or do I just trust Christ's death and resurrection to take care of my lost condition?

Like I said, I'm not sure EXACTLY what the gospel message is.

2012/5/31 21:40Profile

Re: Confused

Here you go

http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/whatisgospel.html

http://tpgh.org/how-to-be-saved/

http://www.theinvisiblechurch.ca/justify/Tomorrow_may_be_too_late.html

OJ

2012/5/31 22:00
PMan

Tallahassee, FL

Re:

Thank you Old_Joe. I'll look into these links.

2012/5/31 22:27Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

illbehonest.com has some good short sermons too. Yes, the true Gospel is this: REPENT and BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and though shalt be saved.

Please note that you need to not only believe IN Jesus Christ (i.e that He exists and that He was/is who who claimed to be and that He paid for your sins by His blood on the cross and rose again the 3rd day,etc) but also ON Jesus Christ and on Him ALONE for your salvation (i.e not Him PLUS good works or church attendance, etc)

Now, it took me many years to get this down myself.

For example, You see a chair. You believe IN the chair, you believe in it's existence. But do you believe ON the chair? Will you rest your full weight and trust ON it and upon it alone to hold you? Will you sit on it without bracing yourself and trying to hold YOURSELF up with the work of your arm and leg muscles at the same time? You will if you are resting in the chair, like resting in Christ.

2012/5/31 22:33Profile
MaryJane

PMan I will be in prayer for you as you seek to make JESUS LORD of your life. I pray that the LORD will draw you close and the confusion will be taken away. If I may share with you these verses also. You may not know but this question of how to be saved was actually asked in the book of ACTS and Peter shared this with them and it still stands for us today.

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Acts 2:36-40

God Bless
mj

2012/5/31 23:03Profile
Elibeth

PMan,

You asked, if you had to repent ?
Yes, the scripture says, except we repent, we shall all perish.
And to repent means, in our flesh we were going in one way,...
Now we must turn and go in the other way.Turn to the Lord leadings.

You asked, 'what is the gospel?
Jesus said, the gospel is the gospel of the kingdom of God.
He said,to seek ye the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
To seek the kingdom,is to seek the King,who is Jesus, and do as Paul...

Paul ,..Acts 9:6, he said,'what would Thou have for me to
do Lord ? Paul was seeking the Kingdom of God,and the Lord told Him what to do...and I believe Paul continued daily to seek the Kingdom / the
King,..and we must also.

The scripture says, 'It is the Lord good pleasure to give you the kingdom.'
When you receive the Holy Spirit,the Kingdom has come to Live inside of you,to lead,and guide you into all righteousness.

God bless you PMan,as you seek after Him,

elizabeth

2012/6/1 0:01Profile
Sree

With so many false teaching in this world it is tough to understand extact need of repentance. To make the problem worse there are even posters here who post against repentance.
I came to Christ 4 years back and the basic Christian Teachings of Brother Zac Poonen helped me so much. He puts things in simple way for easy understanding.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/basic_christian_teachings.php

2012/6/1 0:02Profile

FYEO....then delete please..MODERATORS

Just got off of reply to ArtB on the thread "I've been banned and now I am at peace with it."

He slandered me with a ration of gibberish accusing me of denying scripture....and quoted me too. [ I made no such quotes or any part of them....]....while quoting Poe and referring to Lugosi in the accusation???!!!

I asked him to retract publicly ...and hoped it wasn't a mistake. I think the disability he refers to having might be something deeper, rooted in his psyche'...a helper if you will.

I trust you will deal with this in an appropriate manner; but I must say it is unnerving...respectfully ..tom

FYEO....then delete...Tom

2012/6/29 16:08

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy