SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival 1859

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Revival 1859

Never neglect daily private prayer; and when you pray, remember that God is present, and the He hears your prayers. (Heb.11: 6).
Never neglect daily private Bible reading; and when you read remember that God is speaking to you and that you are to believe and act upon what He says. I believe all backsliding begins with the neglect of these two rules. (John 5:39).
Never let a day pass without trying to do something for Jesus. Every night reflect on what Jesus has done for you, and then ask yourself, "What am I doing for Him"? (Matt. 5:13-16).
If you are in doubt as to a thing being right or wrong, go to your room and kneel down and ask God’s blessing on it. (Col.3: 17). If you cannot do this, it is wrong. (Rom.16: 23).
Never take your Christianity from Christians, or argue that because such and such people do so and so, therefore, you may. (2 Cor.10: 12). You are to ask yourself, "How would Christ act in my place"? And strive to follow Him (John 10:27).
Never believe what you feel, if it contradicts God’s Word. Ask yourself, "Can what I feel be true if God’s Word is true"? And if both cannot be true, believe God and make your own heart the liar. (Rom. 3:4, 1 John 5:10-11).

From North, revival 1859.

2012/5/31 19:55

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy