SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Dark the shadows haunt the night

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Dark the shadows haunt the night

There are so many things that would cause us to walk in the darkness, in the shadows. Events and people from our past often have such a hold of us. Do you walk in the shadows? Does the shadow go before you? In order for a shadow to go before you then the sun must be at your back. If the Son is at your back then you must be walking away from the Lord, for when the Son is ever before us then the shadows lie behind us.

To turn away from the Son, to even turn around and look is to see the shadow of what went before. In Christ, walking towards Him, ever closer as we walk this life, we leave the darkness behind us. Walk in and into the light, wrap yourself in the light of Christ and be free from the haunting shadows of the past. For it is God who said, “Out of darkness Light shall shine;” who shone in our hearts to give the brightness of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2Co 4:6)

If I began to cry
The tears would never end
If I lowered my guard
Then how could I defend?

From every side the walls close in
And there is no place that you could stand
That would hide you from this world
And all that it demands

Whoever said that life was fair
Has not lived long enough
When the path takes you along the edge
You’ll see them fall off the bluff

But the problem is
If your guard is high
You will wither away
And begin to die

How could something so small
Cast such a shadow on the land?
How was it that it stood so tall
Yet it was just a grain of sand?

I made my way through this world
With the Sun forever at my back
And the shadows went before me
And the shadow it was black

One grain of sand in my eye
Tormented me for many years
And I could never hope to fly
For I was blinded by my fears

Then Jesus came and turned me round
To face the rising Sun
His light it shone upon my face
And my journey had begun

When you walk into the Son
The shadows fall behind
The Sun removes the grain of sand
Now you’re no longer blind

Who is your grain of sand my child
That made you stumble, made you fall?
In the light of Christ perhaps you’ll find
That persons not so very tall

Dark the shadows haunt the night
That cause you to run and hide
Look to the Son that shines so bright
And He will shine that light inside

O to be filled with the light of Christ
And see the shadows disappear
To lift my eyes to heavens heights
And finally to shed a tear

2012/5/30 20:09

Re: Dark the shadows haunt the night

Good for you, Brother Frank. Excellent!
Thanks for sharing.

2012/5/30 20:33
brothagary

Re:

nice frank

2012/5/30 21:11Profile
MaryJane

Re: Dark the shadows haunt the night

In order for a shadow to go before you then the sun must be at your back. If the Son is at your back then you must be walking away from the Lord, for when the Son is ever before us then the shadows lie behind us.

To turn away from the Son, to even turn around and look is to see the shadow of what went before. In Christ, walking towards Him, ever closer as we walk this life, we leave the darkness behind us.

My dear brother this spoke to me so deeply surely the LORD put this on your heart to share here with us. It was just yesterday that I sat speaking with my son about past regrets and the futile desire of wishing I could go back and do things over again. There are times when the enemy uses those shadows so skillfully to draw our attention away from the LORD and in my weakness I have turned to look back. I have found that the shadows offer me no comfort, no ease of my sorrow or regret, in truth they taunt me and hurl accusations my way with one purpose to drive me further from JESUS. I know that as I walk toward my LORD these shadows, these past regrets they can not harm me, as you said HIS light causes all the shadows to disappear.

"LORD keep me to the narrow path, facing forward, walking with YOU! Amen!!"

God bless
maryjane

2012/5/30 21:37Profile

Re:

HI Maryjane, you have caught the meaning of my poem with great depth. The Lord says.............."Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning." (Jas 1:17)

There is no darkness in the Lord, but there is a Lord of Darkness and he dwells in the melancholy world of past regrets. We serve a God of the now. My own background was that of a father who was a violent alcoholic and decades later is is quite a thing to see something so small still cast such a shadow over family members lives, yet in Christ, these shadows flee.........bro Frank

2012/5/30 23:33

Re:

Thank you JIG,thankyou brothergary...........bro Frank

2012/5/31 13:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy